The online racing simulator
What do you think about word 'ricer'
(149 posts, started )

Poll : What do you think about word 'ricer'

I dont care, i sometimes use it
Yes its funny and i use that word
No its not funny and i dont use that

I've NEVER came across a motorcyclist described as "rice", since even a shitty ass bike will outdrag 90% of cars...

Rice is having a slow ass, crap car, and making it "look" "better"..
Japanese bikes are often referred to as "riceburners" over here.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

I've NEVER came across a motorcyclist described as "rice", since even a shitty ass bike will outdrag 90% of cars...

Rice is having a slow ass, crap car, and making it "look" "better"..

Although, by the time you've got your bike gear on, got it out of the garage, started it, driven wherever you're going, parked it up, locked the front disc, got out of your bike gear and pressed the creases out of your normal clothes the party has finished, and the car guys (who got there before you, were more comfortable and less tired) are driving home in a cosy warm car.

I used to be a biker. But now I'd never give up a car to have one. Second form of transport maybe, but it's certainly only just above buses on the degrading scale really.

Useful around London though, though a smaller engine would probably be better.
Definatly agree with you on that first part.

I can't dress up overly 'nicely' (I can only just fit my nice jeans and shirt on underneath), can't do my hair nicely etc.

I'd love a car for the boring stuff, like going to work. I'd like the option to take the bike at my discression.. not "oh shit I have to take the bike 'cause I don't have a car".

Although it'd take me about 10 minutes to get dressed and my bike moving, on a 1 hour journey.. say into Maidenhead or into Slough, I'd probably get there quicker.. and be able to slip my gear off before the "warm and cosy" man arrives in his car..

I don't bother with disk locks unless I'm leaving the bike in a "public" place for more than half a day. I'll normally stick it behind the skip at work or between some bollards so no-one can lift it out easily, without anyone noticing...

No-one's gunna ride off with it, some bloke will pick it up in a van. That'll happen whether it's got a disklock or not.
A one hour journey you won't get there any quicker unless you exceed the speed limit, and cars can do that too. The advantage is more likely to be had in 5 minute journeys (not including the kitting up time).

I'm sure I can get from Norwich to Southampton just as quick as you could on your bike (quicker, if it's raining). And I'd still be warm when I got there
Actually I conceed, I'd rather have a car for a long journey..
At least you cant fall off your car, but Mr Bean had a good go once if I remember.
Then again, if you crash.. you don't have to wait for 5 burly blokes in nomex suits to cut you out.
Nope, that's true. Instead they each pick up some parts of you scattered across the scene
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then again, if you crash.. you don't have to wait for 5 burly blokes in nomex suits to cut you out.

I can't believe you used this as an argument...

In an accident that needs 5 blokes to pull someone out of his wrecked car, you won't have to wait for them because they won't be of any use!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then again, if you crash.. you don't have to wait for 5 burly blokes in nomex suits to cut you out.

They still do, just they have to cut the piece of tree out of your head.

I'm too much of a wimp to ride a motorbike.
Well.. I'd be going so fast I'd clear the tree and land in the comedy style bouncy castle over yonder.. so I wouldn't have to worry..
When my sister got the letter renewing the insurance on her bike it came with about 5 leaflets about being an organ donor. Bikes are fast, but given the choice between a car with similar stats you would always choose the car. My dads bike is worth about £8000 and it managed to keep up with an Enzo, but which would you rather own?
The bike. Both are probably cocks, but at least you can hide your face easily on a bike
Quote from tristancliffe :The bike. Both are probably cocks, but at least you can hide your face easily on a bike

Have you seen how low an Enzo is? The only people who can see the driver are small children, midgets, or the passenger...or some other cock in an Enzo.
I'd rather have a Lexus IS220d with the 18" alloys.. in black.. with tinted windows. Ferraris are for flash gits.. the size of your car is inversely proportionate to the size of your...

When I do get a car, I'm just going to go with with a 1.4 or a 1.6 hatchback (might look at a couple of diesels, such as a Panda or a Yaris or something), around the size of a Corsa.
Same with the size of your wheels. Or exhaust
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ferraris are for flash gits.. the size of your car is inversely proportionate to the size of your...

Word, nearly every 2nd rate West Ham footballer has a Ferrari f360, you see them with their tacky gf's on their way to the posh sports centre just round the corner, I always point, and laugh, you want to be sophisticated, you get an Aston, end of.

Quote from tristancliffe :Same with the size of your wheels. Or exhaust

'cor blimey, they were really rather rice back in the '20s those Bentley Boys, well they say what goes around comes around.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allan66/2172691585/
A car doesn't make you sophisticated. I hate how people who think that how fast their car is determines how much better they are then you.
Ha, wonder what he has to say to that.. !
Quote from wheel4hummer :A car doesn't make you sophisticated. I hate how people who think that how fast their car is determines how much better they are then you.

Who said sophisticated mean better?

I never even mentioned the word 'fast'!

A Ferrari Enzo is faster than an Aston DB9, and an f360 probrably is a well.

Aston is better because their cars are not red and shouty, they are refined, they do not have to prove themselves as better.
The real charm is being able to make a crap car sophisticated just by being in it. Very few can pull it off! I'm not one of them
Quote from 5haz :Who ever said sophisticated meant better?

No-one necessarily. What I said was just a rant about society in general.
Quote from wheel4hummer :No-one necessarily. What I said was just a rant about society in general.

I think you'll find many of a BMW persuasion have that kind of attitude.

I find it odd how high performance Mercs and Beamers are advertised as being refined and sophisticated, when they are loud and agressive looking, especially Beamers.

What do you think about word 'ricer'
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG