The online racing simulator
Race Sim Central Down 1-28-2009
(28 posts, started )
Has anyone else noticed that Racesimcentral is down?

Or is it just me?

1-28-2009 @ 2:30am GMT
Quote from deggis :Not just you. Have been down since yesterday, at least

ps. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com

Thanks... LOL that is the best online tool ever!

Jay

Edit: I heard a rumor that it could be down for good???
JUST a RUMOR!! I don't know Anything!!!
Good Riddance.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Good Riddance.

Don't you have a MacBookPro to make love to or something.........

Kidding... Just Kidding...

Jay Odom
#6 - 5haz
It isn't down.
#11 - SamH
It reads like they actually want to fix the in-fighting and nepotism that's plagued RSC for years. I wonder if they'll actually do that, or if they're just saying it because they think that's what punters want to hear.
Yes, and "A NEW FORUM THEME!" something they get every 2 weeks.
#13 - 5haz
RSC is a close rival to this forum as one of the more unfriendly forums on the net.

I left when a certain rFactor mod team leader started trying to fool everyone by faking their own serious illness and trying to get us to feel sympathy for them, with much hilarity ensuing, what a joke.

And then there was the GPL community, which isolated itself from the rest of the forum and shows a kind of hate for other sims not seen anywhere else, worse than here.
I used to like it back in the few years before the LFS Forum, but then it all fell to shit really :/
Quote from 5haz :RSC is a close rival to this forum as one of the more unfriendly forums on the net.

You think this forum is unfriendly?
#16 - 5haz
Quote from zeugnimod :You think this forum is unfriendly?

Well yeah, sometimes I think people don't show any mercy to members who they know are just kids who don't mean any real harm.

Perhaps its made worse by the way this forum is a '2 class society', it just gives some people another reason to be mean.

But I'm sure many other forums have similar problems, and this whole post is just OT anyway.

But its nothing like the RSC GPL sub forum, sometimes its like a mysterious members only club of sim racers who think they have the right to feel supierior just because they've had GPL since it came out, instead of using the Off Topic forum, they use their own forum to post off topic posts.
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra : I fail at life
Quote from SamH :It reads like they actually want to fix the in-fighting and nepotism that's plagued RSC for years. I wonder if they'll actually do that, or if they're just saying it because they think that's what punters want to hear.

It's very hard to have significant in-fighting with only 3 active 'admin' staff... which is why we're taking this opportunity (and our universal agreement), to actually do something, for once. The front page will return in a state that people actually are interested in using, we've conducted surveys of users' opinions, and we're trying to implement the suggestions made. We're perfectly open to any and all sensible suggestions.

To be honest, you'd be surprised how disgruntled RSC's staff have been with the forum's 'current' state - I can guarantee its annoyed us just as much as it has anyone else. In the past, however, we were plagued by the problem that there were too many opinions and it was, therefore, hard to get a large number of people to agree on a way forward. That's changed now, and we're doing our best to do something about it

As mentioned in the message that's on the forum homepage now, if anyone has anything they believe they can contribute - do email community@racesimcentral.com We've already had offers from professionals and companies alike, offering to help in various areas from marketing, to performing regular server maintenance. Our new solution includes a complete cold backup system, and we're balancing load over multiple servers, with the DB getting its own box, to improve stability.

So, basically, all-in-all, things are looking up.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, and "A NEW FORUM THEME!" something they get every 2 weeks.

Last theme update was nearly 2 years ago. Is there any particular need to troll pretty much every thread going?
Quote from JamesF1 :Last theme update was nearly 2 years ago. Is there any particular need to troll pretty much every thread going?

Being constructive lost its vibe a few months ago.
Where will the forum for Racer be now?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Where will the forum for Racer be now?

Same place, when we're back online. None of the hosted forums are going.
Bumpie.

RSC is back online!
Quote :Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be

shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

It was working a minute ago.

Guess it's overloading or something
it is overloading, people have been hammering their refresh buttons today
i don't understand this forum... they get an upgrade and their being overloaded? the forum i used to moderate is running on crap hardware, and most likely has more users... how can they be overloading?

Quote :Our users have posted a total of 4822260 articles
We have 137078 registered users
In total there are 124 users online
Most users ever online was 1850 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:17 pm

Quote :2x 2.8GHz Xeon (HT)
2GB RAM

oh, and i get that content error too in firefox... if you use another browser you get some wannabe IE error page that says "database error".

edit: then it was working.
edit2: now i get the "server too busy" message i got this morning.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG