The online racing simulator
Another noobish monitor help
(6 posts, started )
I want to use second monitor as LFS Dashboard and i went to basement and looked for my old 19" CRT screen. Brand it up and now im in bit problem. My videocard has only DVI outputs and that old monitor supports VGA only. I dont have thingy what converts the DVI to VGA as its used currently by my 17" LCD. So my question is, will the integrated VGA output work? I also asked that in my country's technics forum but seems like nobodys answering and i was thinking that maybe i will get help here.

Halp - Halp !
Halp - Halp !
You can use PCI videocard for the other for example. But intergrated will also work yes, but I dont know. It takes system memory and is not so efficient.
you can get an adapter for a few euros
Quote from hazaky :I want to use second monitor as LFS Dashboard and i went to basement and looked for my old 19" CRT screen. Brand it up and now im in bit problem. My videocard has only DVI outputs and that old monitor supports VGA only. I dont have thingy what converts the DVI to VGA as its used currently by my 17" LCD. So my question is, will the integrated VGA output work? I also asked that in my country's technics forum but seems like nobodys answering and i was thinking that maybe i will get help here.

Halp - Halp !

You can get the little converter things (I get free ones every time I buy any ATi card, I got 2 or 3 somewhere).. the integrated VGA will only work if it's selected to work, that would likely mean that you'd have to use your Intergated GFX card.... just buy an adaptor, a few Euro's on Ebay or something.
I know about the adapters, i already got one between the card and 17" lcd. But for now i dont need it anymore because that big crt made me clean it pretty fast on my table. Was too big to use for 'dashboard'

Im just gonna wait for any 8" monitor, when ill get it then ill buy DVI>VGA converter and then im just gonna be happy and stuff.

Thanks anyways for helping

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG