The online racing simulator
Losing throttle pedal with DFP?
(10 posts, started )
Hi all,
I have a DFP with a set of ECCI pedals plugged in to it. Funny thing is that whenever I run LFS, my throttle pedal would go erratic after a few rounds on the track (when I stepped on the throttle pedal, the throttle either didn't move or jumped around. Checked using Dxtweak and I had to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in to reset. The same thing came back after a few rounds again). Do you guys have this problem with DFP? I also played RBR, GTR and FS2004 with the same pedals but I never had any problem with other sims, only with LFS. Does LFS do anything funny with the pedals? It's repeatable. I could run RBR forever and the pedals never stuck. As soon as I started LFS and drove a few rounds then the gas pedal stuck. It's getting very frustrated. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with LFS as this didn't happen with any other sims.
I would appreciate any comments.
Thank you.
-mike-
Try the "lock calibration" button after calibrating your wheel /pedals within LFS. Hope this helps

SD.
THank you for your comments. Yes, I tried both "unlock" and "lock" calibration and the same thing happened.
It's really weird that it happened only when playing LFS, not anything else (RBR, GPL, FS2004, GTR). The DFP is self calibrated everytime it's powered up so there is not much I can do as far as calibration.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks again.
Quote from newdriver1 :THank you for your comments. Yes, I tried both "unlock" and "lock" calibration and the same thing happened.
It's really weird that it happened only when playing LFS, not anything else (RBR, GPL, FS2004, GTR). The DFP is self calibrated everytime it's powered up so there is not much I can do as far as calibration.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks again.

I have a similar problem. My throttle only works when I am turning the wheel. Try turning the wheel back and forth while using the gas pedal and see if that is the problem. If it is then you have the same problem as me.
#5 - Gunn
Quote from newdriver1 :The DFP is self calibrated everytime it's powered up so there is not much I can do as far as calibration.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks again.

Calibrate the wheel and pedals in LFS anyway. Worth a try.
Yes LFS needs you to move all axis to full throw and then back again when you recal ingame ,so click the recal button then pump all pedals and turn wheel lock to lock then click "lock calibration" .This should set LFS to remember where all the axis stops are and is nothing to do with the actual HW calibraion

SD.
#7 - SatCP
The DFP is a wheel that continues to amaze me. On one side it's an excellent steering wheel, especially considering the price tag. But it has many flaws. The weird thing is that everyone is experiencing different flaws. It's as if no two wheels are the same

I too have problems with the pedals. The wheel itself is fine. 100% satisfied on that part although I wish the paddles were a bit more professional. The pedals on the other hand act funny every once in a while: Sometimes it happens - mid race - the pedals suddenly lose their calibration. The slightest touch at the accelerator or brake pedal will cause maximum acceleration or braking power, often leading to a spin because you don't expect that to happen. If I rapidly press the accelerator and brake to the metal they are calibrated again. It even happens when I calibrated the wheel and pedals upon LFS startup. Calibration lock on / off has no effect.

It's rare (had it about 5 times in over 1000 laps), but when it happens it's very annoying and usually ruins the race.
SatCP does this happen when you are typing? because if you accidentally type Shift+C the same thing happens to me also with wheel I think

SD.
hi,

well, i got the same problem a few months before... but not with the DFP, i got the momo racing wheel from logitech, too. as far as i know both wheels have the same pedals... so, never mind. my pedals worked fine before this happened to me. after some weeks playing lfs they suddenly reacted on their own... i didnt have my full braking power even though i pressed the break pedal full. and some other strange things happend. i considered to buy a new wheel, but didnt. then i calibrated it many many times... first time with my logitech driver, second time i changed something with DxTweak, then i recalibrated in lfs... and suddenly the problems were away very strange... but the pedals didnt make any problems at all after then till now.

mfg zockmachine
I've had this full brake problem too on my DFP. Very annoying. I solved it by buying a USB controller which allows me to plug the pedals straight into their own USB port - no more wacky Logitech drivers and their wacky calibration quirks.

http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/joystick/index.html

Got this guy to make me the correct wires to connect the DFP Pedals. Working great so far.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG