The online racing simulator
Rfactor problem.... yes Rfactor...
(7 posts, started )
Dont hit me, i play Rfactor/LFS at 40/60.
i encountered a prob in Rfactor today. anyone know how to fix? fres install is a PAIN!!!
I do play Rfactor for the fun of the AI. And cause it gives me real tracks and rea cars, i dont like the shaking head while speeding though...
Attached images
Untitled-3.jpg
The developers left an assertion statement in the code. An assertion statement is where a boolean conditional is evaluated, and if it evaluates to false, the program halts. It is used for debugging. But, it says that the file is fgets.c, so I think it may be the fault of Microsoft? Or, maybe the RFactor devs should have compiled without assertions enabled. I guess str is null, though!
*badm psst!* so... what now?
Quote from chavm481 :*badm psst!* so... what now?

Send some sort of bug report to the rFactor devs I guess.
alright
BTW you can get rid of that shaking head thingie, it's called "CockpitVibrationMag" and it's value is in cocpitinfo.ini file for each car. If you wan't to disable it for ie. Niels Corvette, the file is called C6_Cockpitinfo.ini and C6_Z06_Cockpitinfo.ini and they are located in ...rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Chevrolet\CORVETTEC6. Just set the value to zero.

Also you can disable all head movement by modifying your .plr file, ie. my username in rF is "PePe" and the file is ...UserData\PePe\PePe.PLR and if I remember correctly the values are under section called [ Graphic Options ] and they are the following:
Cockpit Vibration Mult1
Cockpit Vibration Freq1
Cockpit Vibration Mult2
Cockpit Vibration Freq2
Just set the values to zero and your done. But remember this stops all movement, so there's no "g-forces" anymore but I think it's best when the camera is stationary.

Tho I'm sorry I can't help you in your actual problem.
"fixed" problem, reinstalled rfactor, downloaded only my good mods this time

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG