The online racing simulator
RaceManager Problems
(8 posts, started )
RaceManager Problems
Hi guys, I've been using RaceManager just for the chat log and welcome message functions.... I did have it working at one stage but it seems VERY tempremental.... I.e. I cant get the damn thing to work anymore.. I run RaceManager while my dedi server is going, however my chat logs do not work and the welcome message does not show up anymore.. iit seems like it just times out after a while or cant connect properly or something???

I get error messages in the dedi window after a while (2-3 mins)

InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (11)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (12)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (13)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (14)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (15)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (16)

Then..

InSim Timeout: Waiting for connection.......

Hmm.. ?
Do you open up a port in LFS each time using insim?
Yeah I do, the worst part is that it works sometimes, while other times it doesnt And I'm not actually changing anything
Where can i get race manager?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Where can i get race manager?

Do a forum search it's bound to be around here somewhere

Sorry cant remember url
#6 - filur
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (12)
InSim: discarding unacknoledged packet (13)

LFS is sending packets to the assumed client, which isn't in return telling LFS it has received them, since it has probably hanged/crashed. Since InSim uses UDP there's no way for LFS to know instantaneously that a client has dropped/quit.

If you're getting these messages while an insim app is working, it's an error on behalf of the insim app.

InSim Timeout: Waiting for connection.......

After <x> seconds of getting no data from the client, LFS will assume there's no longer a client connected, this isn't an error per se.

So, basically racemanager somehow stops working and stops talking to LFS.
Do you have a software firewall? if so, anything in it's log about localhost udp traffic being blocked? assuming you're running everything on your own machine.
Have you tried the python distribution of racemanager? Python is very easy to install on windows, and running the program is a simple double-click after install.

Edit: Race Manager is available at http://silk.lfsnal.org/RaceManager.html
Last time i went to that page i got a 404 error, but its working now.
Most likely cause is a Firewall that is preventing RM to send messages back to the LFS Server, thus the packets never get acknowledged, and eventually the connection times out.
In the RM folder, there is a pynsim.log file which might give you more information (if you don't quite understand, delete it, do your testing, and send me by private message the new one that is generated).

RaceManager Problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG