The online racing simulator
Cars licences
(35 posts, started )
As far as lightness is concerned, I take your TVR and raise you Morgan
#27 - Jakg
Quote from L@gger :But why they need licences because its advertisment for those companies i think

That is the reason why Scawen hasn't paid for any licenses - Why should he? He'll include it for free or if both parties are helped by the deal - but why should he pay to advertise a product?
Quote from Jakg :That is the reason why Scawen hasn't paid for any licenses - Why should he? He'll include it for free or if both parties are helped by the deal - but why should he pay to advertise a product?

The idea is that having licenced cars will attract more users to your game.

I'm sure if LFS recieved "most" of the cars availible in GT5P, and a whole bunch of real tracks, including the Nurburgring, it'll probably quadruple monthly turnover, so long as it was advertised etc.

Not saying that's going to happen/is the right thing to do, but that's the _idea_ behind it.
#29 - Jakg
Scawen left Lionhead to be his own boss, which means he now has the freedom to do whatever the hell he wants - if he thinks it's wrong that he should pay for licenses to advertise a product - he doesn't need to!

It's not likely to change soon...
I know he dont want to pay for licenses, but it would be better to get some copyrights from companys for deals or something. ... to get here some real cars. And maybe some real track would also help.
Quote from Jakg :Scawen left Lionhead to be his own boss, which means he now has the freedom to do whatever the hell he wants - if he thinks it's wrong that he should pay for licenses to advertise a product - he doesn't need to!

It's not likely to change soon...

I know this, hence why I said - All I was doing was explaining the theory behind it.
This is stupid question... Is Intel, Bmw, avon tires ... paying for that they have advertisment on tracks?
Quote from L@gger :This is stupid question... Is Intel, Bmw, avon tires ... paying for that they have advertisment on tracks?

Hm.. donno.. there are more real live brands in the game.. Michelin, Castrol, ATL etc. Makes me wonder the same thing...
Intel and BMW are to do with the deal to get the BF1 in.
Quote from L@gger :I know he dont want to pay for licenses, but it would be better to get some copyrights from companys for deals or something. ... to get here some real cars. And maybe some real track would also help.

No.

Cars licences
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG