The online racing simulator
Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel
(19 posts, started )
Hey,

I have a friend who has kindly offered me a Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel for free, my only problem with this is that I run Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Does anyone have this wheel working on this version of windows?

It's the USB Force Feedback one.

Thanks,
Bobo.
#2 - RS1T
Quote from Jack Tebbutt :Hey,

I have a friend who has kindly offered me a Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel for free, my only problem with this is that I run Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Does anyone have this wheel working on this version of windows?

It's the USB Force Feedback one.

Thanks,
Bobo.

I have vista premium...and god, i remember buying this wheel back in 1998 for Colin Mcrae rally one. I still use it today with LFS, and i don't see any reason why a G25 is worth so much. The sidewinder works without any problems, i would definately take it if i were you
But is that a 64Bit version?

32Bit and 64Bit are pretty different when it comes to drivers.
*bump*

I have done a lot of googling over this subject and it has returned a huge range of answers all of which I'm not sure if I should believe or not.

This is the sort of thing I would really like a possitive answer from someone within the LFS community.
Unfortunately, the sidewinder wheel is not supported by the 64bit version of vista, I actual went to microsoft about it, and it isn't properly supported.

The only newer OS I've seen it work correctly on, with full features like split pedals, is my computer with XP 32bit.
Ok, thankyou very much for replys.
#7 - RS1T
I'm slightly confused, is vista home premium 64 bit or 32 bit?
You can buy both AFAIK...

And the old Sidewinder FF wheel is awesome
#9 - huze5
how many turns
how many turns does the sidewinder do?:leb:
#10 - Jakg
Quote from RS1T :I'm slightly confused, is vista home premium 64 bit or 32 bit?

Depends - You can buy both but the vast majority of people get the 32-bit version (and i haven't seen an OEM that used 64-bit unless they shipped the PC with MORE than 4GB of RAM - if it's got 4GB of RAM they usually just bung 32-bit on it anyway).
I have this wheel (first usb version, with grey rubber) and it works perfectly with LFS on Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate.
Quote from huze5 :how many turns does the sidewinder do?:leb:

It's like 240 degrees or something, the same as most normal ones.
how about the 32 home edition? My laptop doesnt recognise it. not even a sound if i plug it in. ive a force feedback sidewinder pro usb wheel.
It might be a faulty or disabled USB port or a damaged wheel. Check if your wheel is recognized when you connect it to another computer, if possible..
i use the sidewinder for vista home.
works fine for me[;
How's the G25 holding up Bobo?

Sweet. =)
Thread hijack!

I have the same wheel and I'm going to sell it, what do you think would be a resonable price?
Quote from Not Sure :
I have the same wheel and I'm going to sell it, what do you think would be a resonable price?

Looking at e-bays completed listings, I would say 30-50 Euros is a reasonable price.

SD.
50 Euros! That's £44. You have to be nuts to pay that for a second hand MSFF.

You can buy a brand spanking new DFGT for £16 more.

I only paid £55 for my MSFF new about 5 years ago.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG