The online racing simulator
A race management idea...
(5 posts, started )
I have just finished a 3hr endurance race in the Australasian League here in upside-down land and had a great idea while playing...

We were using the driver swap feature in this race and while our teammate was racing, we were getting information on other racers and their individual progress. Sort of gettin a race overview.

Then it hit me. It would be great to have something that we could use that would get all the information of the race (it could maybe run in the background as one of the [shift] - F-key which would act as a monitor that you see at the F1 races on the pit wall.

It would act as F12 does, but the information would be centered and a little opaque so you could see a glimpse of the action behind the text. It would show the positions, lap information and gaps to other cars around the track (not withstanding the whole 'if i've passed the next split point then I stop displaying the time between me and you' thing). And maybe if they're in the pits or not.

this could be done as an outsim thing too in the meantime i guess but i just think having to minimise lfs and have that running in the background could be a little overkill for something that could run prety simpley.

Thoughts?
Good idea

I'd also like to see how far you are behind or infront of a car even if it's not on the same lap
Great idea.
Great idea.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG