The online racing simulator
New helmet Template
(21 posts, started )
New helmet Template
Hi!

After I saw a lot of helmet skins based on a very old template by me, I decided to make a much better one.

So here it is. I added a preview. It also has a wireframe.
I tried to create a Arai GP-5 helmet as close as possible to the real one, including the vents, lighting, logo and the attachment for the HANS-system.

I think this is the closest I can do at the moment. Feel free to use it, skinners!

Darkone
Attached images
preview.jpg
Attached files
HEL_template_dark.zip - 1.4 MB - 1274 views
#2 - max92
really really nice ! waited for it a couple of days :P
Darkone,

You have a slight mismatch on the lower shield shadow where the front portion of it meets the sides. Looks like the shadow on the chin panel of the skin needs to move down about 3 pixels or so (see attached pic). Pretty noticeable, but otherwise a very nice template!

Attached images
darkone_template_error.jpg
Nice work!
Quote from banshee56 :Darkone,

You have a slight mismatch on the lower shield shadow where the front portion of it meets the sides. Looks like the shadow on the chin panel of the skin needs to move down about 3 pixels or so (see attached pic). Pretty noticeable, but otherwise a very nice template!

Thanks for pointing that out! I hadn't seen it because I forgot to test a white background. Anyway, I updated it (see first post). The stuff around the vents should be a bit better visible on white now aswell.

EDIT: I also updated the visor/add-thing.
:faint2: Now i need to update my helmet AGAIN! :doh:

j/k I love the template, gives the helmet a more detailed real look
#7 - Gunn
Nice work, this adds good detail to the helmet.
Ohh Nice Darkone, pretty on the details.
Cheers for sharing.
where do you save your helmets because i have tried basicly every folder in data folder and they still dont come up ?
Quote from pegglez :where do you save your helmets because i have tried basicly every folder in data folder and they still dont come up ?

:doh:
Try data/skins.. where ALL HEL_ files are...

:slap:
Yer i have saved the Hel skins there but they dont come up ?
Can you save them as Jpeg's or do they have to be dds ?
Quote from pegglez :Yer i have saved the Hel skins there but they dont come up ?
Can you save them as Jpeg's or do they have to be dds ?

.jpg but you have to 'choose' your helmet in the player selection menu.. not in the car skin menu.
Yer i have been doing that to but still doesnt come up
Nice Man
Quote from pegglez :Yer i have been doing that to but still doesnt come up

save it as HEL_whatever in your skins folder(as a .jpg), go to the driver screen in options and click new helmet/skin and choose which one you want... as detailed as it gets lol.

love the new template btw!
Thanks.

Ye, what jonny dank says, just save it as HEL_blablabla.jpg in the data/skins folder.
Great job Darkone, it is an excellent template
Nice template darkone I used it for my new helmet
My helmet
Perfect template But i wonder how do you make that perfect band around the top of your helmet?
Attached images
stripe.jpg
Does anyone have a .psd of some nice stripes/ lines that go around the helmet? I've been trying to line up some designs but haven't gotten anywhere in the last few months. i would really appreciate it! just some lines, nothing more
cud you do a Bell template ?
loves your arai template :jawdrop:

New helmet Template
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG