The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
how do you overtake from the outside?
i find imposible to overtaake someone who has the inner line cause he will always end in front of me forcing me to brake in the apex of the corner even if he brakes wrong

so waht happens if im right behind someone and he always takes the inner line not letting me be able to overtake
The driver inside must be slower than you or you can try to "close" his way by turning in the way of the turn into him, but the overlap must be sufficient.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIcYvVec-Sw

Check the first 45 seconds and you'll see how you can do it. I guess the trick is to brake earlier than the car on the inside, and hope that he'll miss the apex and leave the door open for you to sneak in there. :]
Or, go from the outside to the inside when coming out of the corner.
(you do need to be a bit behind him though)
You'll go slower in the corner, but when you are behind him, you'll get slipstream and go faster, then go to the inside and overtake him, outbrake him in the next corner et voila! 0,5 sec. gap.
With out wanting to sound condesending or rude, you have got to learn race craft...

The question of how to get past is either to,

Get on the gas earlier,(out of the corner)
Get on the brakes later, (into the corner)
Get the track position to put your self in an overtaking position.
Apply pressure to force the other fella into a mistake.

You also have to choose the right moment - make the other guy think.

If your opponent is running a blocking line - as in oval racing, by staying on the white line, and theres no way you can get the inside line, then your out of luck.

You need to do the following.

i)Take an earlier pit stop, and be faster after the pits.
ii) beat him in qualifying so you get higher up the grid and dont need to pass him on the track,

If all else fails you have 2 other choices....

1) the pit manouver.
2) Give up son, you aint cut out for racing.
If you want to overtake from the outside, you need to be able to out think your opponent to allow you to go outside.
Know your car and its limits, its all about feel.
#7 - lerts
but is it legal that the guy in front of you always takes th inner line? shouldnt be imo
Quote from lerts :but is it legal that the guy in front of you always takes th inner line? shouldnt be imo

Why not? It's called defensive driving.
#9 - garph
The idea is that the guy in front does his best to NOT let you past, he can take whatever line he wants.

The ideal line is the racing line which they will take or take a defensive line. It's your job to get past him, if you don't understand/think it's unfair then there is a bit of a problem for you and motorsport games.
Quote from lerts :but is it legal that the guy in front of you always takes th inner line? shouldnt be imo

if you go side by side once you will be inside...
Quote from tikshow :if you go side by side once you will be inside...

Not on every track. :hide:
This is what i do when i race on the oval tracks on the blackwood carpark. Sit behind the car you wish to overtake and drive wider as if you are going to go around the outside of them. The chances are, they will move a little wider, in order to make you run wider, and slow you down so they can get away.
This is when i turn and shoot accross the back of their car, and up the inside.

It doesnt always work, as some of the time they will just out drag you before you are fully past them but its how i do it.
Quote from zeugnimod :Not on every track. :hide:

ok, i forget the kyo oval... and some tracks you can't go side by side, and you can't able to overtake in some corners(except when there is a crash)
Basically purely overtaking from outside is impossible if the guy in front of you is a good driver. You have to find other tactics if the guy is defensive and will always get to the inside line. Usually when you follow someone for a long time he will get nervous and try to brake late etc. Usually when someone brakes really late and hits the inside he isn't able to get out of the corner as fast as he "should". Get him late brake, but instead of braking late yourself brake in the "perfect" place and take very aggressive line and get out of the corner fast, meaning that you will have the accelerator fully pressed way before than he has. Your "begin" in the corner is alot slower but you will be able to get on side of him in the straight after the corner and then try to take the inside line and get past him nicely.

Don't try to get the inside in every corner, you can use one corner to "prepare" the maneuver for the next corner.

Dunno if anyone can actually tell what I was writing here.
Quote from Bawbag :B..b..baallss of steeeeeeel.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdoCt3zAuI

ah, the corner squeeze... i always pondered the "cleanliness" of that manoeuvre. the other driver technically has room, but it doesn't give much room in case he bounces off the curb. (and into you)

i guess that's the idea though, scare them into lifting...
Quote from bunder9999 :ah, the corner squeeze... i always pondered the "cleanliness" of that manoeuvre. the other driver technically has room, but it doesn't give much room in case he bounces off the curb. (and into you)

i guess that's the idea though, scare them into lifting...

Not quite a squeeze, but you just take as much room as you are given, in this case running slightly wide early on meant I could get as close as possible to overtake, Lucky for me I was raicng my now team mate, Fox, whos cleaner than Mr Muscle.

Was the only way I oculd overtake him though, I remember that race, was behind him for about 20 mins!
To be as good as Ray, you have to learn how to nudge people and getting away with it
Yea, completely right, to be as good as me you need to have psycic powers so you can mentallly nudge someone!
You need to make sure the person you are passing takes a very tight entry to the turn, then they will have to brake earlier and more to make the turn without running wide and leaving a gap for you to cutback into. Then you just need to brake a bit later and carry the speed around the outside.

Just make sure you force the guy on the inside to take a very tight line, either by squeezing them on the apex like Bawbag and his steel balls did, or by some other method.
I did it in LFSBC season 2 (was just joining the race for fun ) and it really depends of the corner. In this case it was the turn before the final chicane in AS5. You just need to carry more speed through the corner. What I did was brake slightly later then him, squeeze a little to make sure I get as close as possible from the apex and get on the throttle slightly before him since I'm a little wider and get to carry more speed (the corner is tilted a little towards the inside.)
It's nice to overtake someone from the outside, but even better when you do it on the outside
Quote from SkyNet :It's nice to overtake someone from the outside, but even better when you do it on the outside

Hrm, I did that too in the same clip I linked to above.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG