The online racing simulator
Any advice to get faster times on KY1 with XRT
Right, this is the thing..

I have booked in to race the kyoto 250 in march. One of the conditions of me being allowed to race is that i need to get to within 103.5% of the WR on KY1 using the XRT.

In real time, using the current WR of 0:47.89, i need to have a time of 0:49.56 or under, but despite my best efforts the fastest i have been able to achieve is 0:53.41, which is nowhere near.

I think it may be my setup that could be part of the problem, as despite the fact that i have tried to make the least tail end happy set possible, it still ends up stepping out easily, even running an open diff, which is weird.

I am using the racing line display to find the fastest way around, but i am still failing hard.

The setup i am using is attached.

If anyone has any advice as to what i can do to increase my speed around the oval, then it would be much appreciated, as i really want to compete in this endurance event in a few months.
Attached files
XRT_Kyoto.set - 132 B - 1042 views
i tell u this.

Run e few laps..save the replay..post it.
then me for example might be able to help u.

every racer has diffrent ways to get around the Oval..some even close their eyes.. they usualy gets banned..but its a way of doing it.

and most setups are personal.they might suit more drivers but not all. so for me to build a setup for u is almoast impossible.

feel free to PM.
Try the hotlap analyser at lfsw. The values available can give a clue about how to set up certain things. But as Mike already said, use settings that suit yourself and dont expect setups from other people to be the best solution. Change one thing at a time and go around the track for at least five laps. If you're tweaking the camber settings then more laps are required.

Some things i have noticed, your setup is rather stiff (remaining suspension travel ftw ), maximum negative front toe in doesn't really makes sense as same as an open differential in a RWD car does.
The tire pressure on the inside (left) looks good but you should use maximum pressure on the outside. Finally, use positive camber settings on the inside and negative camber on the outside. You will not find a value for the front right that is not going to reach 75°C (give or take 10°) as far as i know but there is a range that can provide acceptable temperatures and a good performance throughout turns. (If your'e not using enough camber then the outside of the tire is going to get hotter then the inside and if you're using too much then the inside's getting hotter then the outside.)

Edit:
Quote from danthebangerboy :
I am using the racing line display to find the fastest way around, but i am still failing hard.

Stay wide or respectively, use the outer two lanes in turn three.

So much for now & good luck for the race.
download some hotlap .spr's Watch what they do. Also I'd download a setup from setupgrid.net I'm sure there are a few uploaded there.

Turn 3 is the most difficult turn of the track. You should always go high into turn 3 and stay high through the turn. You may have to lift going into turn 3 with some sets.

Once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy and you will have times in the 48's in no time. Also If you happen to see any servers up that are xrt at ky1 with a few people connected join in and ask for some help.

Aj.
Thanks alot for your advice, i will go do some laps on the setup i have got and post up a replay.

EDIT: Replay added.

I know i hit the wall twice but i was forcing myself wide, if i had turned any more i would have ended up sideways, just like i did on the last turn of lap 5.
Attached files
testing.spr - 127.7 KB - 206 views
#6 - J@tko
Watched a bit of it:
  1. Don't use a Viscous diff
  2. T1 and T2 are flat out (you'll find it easier without a viscous diff :P)
  3. Don't worry too much about getting near to the wall all the time, just take the route that is quickest (and thats probably not the 'racing line')
  4. If you're stuck with a set, d/l the one in the KY250 thread in the General Discussion forum. The one you're using looks a bit too loose
It isnt a viscous diff, its open diff. I thought that would stop me sliding out, but it didn't. I will have another few go's with the set from the kyoto thread, see if it helps me.

EDIT

I did the 1st lap on the new set, 55 seconds, which i didn't mind as lap 1 is always slower as you start from stationary. Then i hit the wall bigtime coming out of the last turn of lap 2, and did a 0:49.74! Im happy now. I should be able to shave 1/2 a second off that with no problems.
I just managed to do a 0:49.46, so i thought i had done it, but turns out i have to do it in hotlap mode and upload it to lfsworld. I can't see the point of that TBH as hotlapping is a total waste of time. All it proves is that you can do a lap at a certian speed with no other cars around you, hardly racing conditions.

Why can't my online stats for the car and track be enough?
#9 - J@tko
Just the same as you can in a real race. I did my 49.46 in an empty server, but i can't do any better than 50.53 in hotlapping mode.

Can i upload a replay of me in an empty server, or even a single player replay instead? *wishes*

I have got a little while to get there but its just so annoying as i didnt realise i had to do the time in hotlapping mode. Looks like i need to read things properly next time.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Just the same as you can in a real race. I did my 49.46 in an empty server, but i can't do any better than 50.53 in hotlapping mode.

Can i upload a replay of me in an empty server, or even a single player replay instead? *wishes*

I have got a little while to get there but its just so annoying as i didnt realise i had to do the time in hotlapping mode. Looks like i need to read things properly next time.

You'll have to ask Deko - he's God for this event

And he's asleep at the mo btw [again!]

EDIT: But I very much doubt Deko will modify the rules for just 1 person.
Well it shouldn't matter really, i have got plenty of time to get faster, i was just pissed off at myself for not reading stuff!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Well it shouldn't matter really, i have got plenty of time to get faster, i was just pissed off at myself for not reading stuff!

Hopefully (crosses fingers) the first Praccy Session will be next weekend. I'm sure there are lots of people there who will be more than willing to share hints/sets/tips
Oh you have to do a hotlap in the event?
Oh well... did in my empty server 48.35 alone racing, so qualifying shouldnt be a problem.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Just the same as you can in a real race. I did my 49.46 in an empty server, but i can't do any better than 50.53 in hotlapping mode.

That makes me wonder if you had wind enabled on the multiplayer server, tbh. It should normally be the same conditions so I can't really see how you can be 1 second slower in hotlap mode.
Quote from zeugnimod :That makes me wonder if you had wind enabled on the multiplayer server, tbh. It should normally be the same conditions so I can't really see how you can be 1 second slower in hotlap mode.

Ah, that'll be it then. I turned the wind off on my server.

I need to practice. I got a best of 0:50.41 on hotlapping when i did a few more laps, so i still need to find another second somewhere.
Try using a locked diff, or an LSD with a high power lock setting and a medium to low coast locking

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG