The online racing simulator
What was the good old...
(23 posts, started )
What was the good old...
Dear community!!

I have a question for you.
Many test patches ago there was a bug in the damage system.
If you crashed some of the cars, they looked like retartedly much damaged.
There was little bug in it.

Does one you guys please remember which test patch that was?
If yes could you please tell me which test patch that was?

Because I would love to play around with that patch

Rocky
Aww no more download link at old test patch threads

Does someone have it for me

Edit: I found it nvm!
I think I missed that, post some screenshots of it!
Quote from The Very End :I think I missed that, post some screenshots of it!

Well I tried wrecking the XFG and FO8 with barriers, but nothing really special atm.
Who knows which cars are the bugged ones?
You have to change your racername a few times, or something like that...
O_o How the hell should that affect the damage? Lol, even if it's a bug it sounds really freakin' strange.
Quote from The Very End :O_o How the hell should that affect the damage? Lol, even if it's a bug it sounds really freakin' strange.

I don't know, but I'm sure it's the way it could be reproduced.
Yep, it was the Y21 patch. Damage your car a bit, then go into the drivers menu and change your name. Keep doing it and you end up with acar that look like it has been in a head on collision with a snow plough at 200mph!
Here an example.
Title explains it all....
Attached images
Epic O.o.jpg
Good lord O_o
Another picture.
Teh FBM FailBoat
Attached images
FailFBMBoat.jpg
haha the FBM one is great
Wings of steel..
Yet another reason to be mystified by coding
Anatomy is logical. The arm bone is connected to the shoulder bone. The shoulder bone is connected to the clavicle bone.

Programming? The driver name is connected to the crash damage model.

Weird lol.
#17 - RS1T
Post screenshots of the tin tops please I wanna see this
Quote from Electrik Kar :Yet another reason to be mystified by coding

I bet that for whatever reason, when you switch driver names it resets some parameter on the damage model, so it think your car is not damaged when you switch, when it actually is. Keep doing that and your car will be able to get damaged more and more.
I thought it was Y22. Either way, it was epic.

I think it was better than the current damage modelling we currently have. BRING IT BACK
LOL that's awesome. Why don't I remember this? Was it fixed quickly or something? I always participate in the test patches...

"LFS gone wrong"
From what i remember, the updated y30 patch that stopped this error was released about 2 days later, then about 2 days after that, 0.5Z came out, i think.
i still have a copy of Y24 on my comp .... im not sure that it keeps doin that tho.
Simple reason why it happened was because the list of damages shifted in memory when you changed nick-name and it corrupted the actual damage stored in memory.

I wrote myself a little LFS script that auto-changed nick-names 10 times a second. The car looked like it was dancing. Break-dancing TBH.

Or if I hit the FO8 right, I could shift the front wheels to the mid section perfectly making a dragster from hell that did awesome wheelies up the 1/4 mile. (But you can now do that in tweak so meh!)

What was the good old...
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG