The online racing simulator
iTCC Round 1 - Protests
Please make your protests for Round 1 of the 2009 iTCC Touring Car Championship in this thread. You can make your protest by using the template below

iTCC Protest

Your Name:

Your LFS Username:

Protest Against: (LFS Username)

Type of ProtestUnfair Overtake or whatever)

DescriptionYour opinion of what happened)

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3)

Attached EvidenceAttach your pictures, or other evidence)

You have until 0000 GMT Monday Night/Tuesday Morning to make your protest.

I don't want any arguments in this thread, I will PM the drivers in question to get their comments before any decisions are made.

Decisions/Penalties will be posted in a seperate thread.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney
Your Name:
Simon M (82)

Your LFS Username:
Fastwalker

Protest Against: (LFS Username)

DeadWolfBones

Type of Protest:(Unfair Overtake or whatever)

uhm blocking / causing an accident

Description:(Your opinion of what happened)
immediatly after the restart in the last lap of race2, while i was passing at a significantly higher speed than him, he suddenly moved left without a reason; bumping me on the grass. In T1 a few seconds later, got hit (hynnienen too i think) by him again.

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3)
race2lap 14/14

Attached Evidence:(Attach your pictures, or other evidence)
mpr of the race..

no offense m8
Thumbs up

Decision

DeadWolfBones does indeed take blocking action against Fastwalker. He misjudges the considerable speed advantage that Fastwalker has and as a result, puts him on the grass. Fastwalker is also at fault here for passing before the start/finish line which is explicitly against the rules. This is what gave Fastwalker the huge speed he had relative to the rest of the field and therefore what gave him the opportunity to pass. So neither party is innocent in any way here.

Given that neither party was disadvantaged from this incident, neither driver will be deducted points.

Both drivers receive a warning about their conduct.
I didn't mean to cause an incident. I did try to block, but I didn't anticipate your speed differential.

It's neither here nor there, but frankly, taking advantage of an accordion effect like that is a gray area, morally speaking, at best.
Your Name: Ben Keough

Your LFS Username: DeadWolfBones

Protest Against:
Rudy van Buren

Type of Protest:
Unsportsmanlike conduct / reckless driving

Description:
On the second restart in the second race, Rudy brought the field to the green flag in an extremely unsafe and unsportsmanlike manner.

To begin with, he bunched the field. This is not inherently a bad thing, if it is done gradually. It was not done gradually in this case, and it resulted in some cars spinning off (I saw at least one NDR car go sliding past me on the grass going into the second-last turn). After slowing to an extremely slow speed, on the main straight he proceeded to essentially brakecheck the entire field a couple of times, leading to a serious accordion effect from positions 3 or 4 through 10 or so. It also allowed some cars at the rear of the field (such as Matthei, above) to get insane runs on the cars that got stacked up.

Rudy says that he initially slowed the field to allow the backmarkers to catch the pack before the restart. I'll buy this explanation. But there is no acceptable explanation for his behavior on the front straight, once the field had bunched. Once the leader begins to accelerate toward the green, he must either maintain that speed or continue to accelerate. Rudy's starting method gave him a huge advantage on the start, and left the 10 cars behind him bunched up and slower than the last third of the field. They struggled to get up to speed, and contact was made between several different cars. This behavior is contrary to the spirit in which league races are run, and constitutes dirty driving or unsportsmanlike conduct, in my view.

This is a gray area, since there is no rule on the books explicitly prohibiting his actions. Personally, I think a rule should be written and enforced.

Which Event / Session:
Race 2

Attached Evidence:
Here is a video of the incident: http://www.core-racing.com/rac ... C-S1R1_protest_BK-RvB.avi

Decision

Rudy's general behaviour regarding this incident could have been a lot better, in many respects. He acted in his own interests, erratically accelerating and braking so as to deny track position to those beind him.

He does accept himself that this is not the way to conduct himself on the restart.

There is no rule covering the behaviour of drivers on restarts, however behaviour like this is unsporting and is certainly not 'fair racing'

The rules are being revised. Rudy receives a warning about his conduct.
iTCC Protest

Your Name:
Darryn Lobb

Your LFS Username: Dizzydarryn

Protest Against: RRT Rabbit

Type of ProtestUnnecessary tag causing me to loose control.

Description He got a run on me and when i defended, refused to change direction or lift, instead he punted me in the left rear corner causing me to have a serious "tank slapper" all the way down the main straight. I dont think this was necesary, especially considering it was before T1.

Which Event / Session: Race 2

Attached Evidence MPR of the start and attatched pic

No offence, but it was pretty impossible to even think of catching the moment, let alone with 13 stitches in my hand and wrist from a stupid moment earlier in the week.

Decision

This is a racing incident, nothing more.

Dizzydarryn moves to block RRT RABBIT and they end up touching. RRT RABBIT, for his part, should have either drove closer to the wall to try to pass, or backed away. Dizzydarryn should have realized how close RRT RABBIT was in his mirrors and kept on his original line. He had already moved left to block another driver, and then moved right to execute this manoeuvre.

Both drivers need just a little more awareness.

No penalty.
Attached images
Incident report2.jpg
Incident report3.jpg
Decisions have been edited into the protest posts above.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG