The online racing simulator
what's the name of... (live race recording)
the other day i was either reading a thread, or reading a lfs news article about a race (which has already occurred)... inside that page, had a link to a live video capture of the race with a couple people doing voice commentary.

how does one do that (capture a live race)? what's the app(s) called? i'm pretty sure it was more involved than fraps.

thanks
Quote from bunder9999 :
/me head s'plode.

Why? If you can get your hands on a windows media server, you can use windows media encoder as well. You can also use a real capture card instead of software.
Quote from hyntty :Why? If you can get your hands on a windows media server, you can use windows media encoder as well. You can also use a real capture card instead of software.

probably won't ever happen. i'm one of those anti-ms people.

only reason i'd want a windows box on my network would be if the wine devs keep slacking on improving their force feedback support.

i'll keep poking around, there has to be another way of doing this that doesn't require directshow, but doesn't freeze my machine like istanbul / gvidcap does.

edit: a capture card is one idea... if only i didn't have two of them recording tv already
I have question to about broadcast.
How to make that sound and video will be from difrent PC's.For example:I am capturing video and my friend is comenting race.How to make that sound and video would be merged.
#7 - Bean0
Quote from oldnavy :I have question to about broadcast.
How to make that sound and video will be from difrent PC's.For example:I am capturing video and my friend is comenting race.How to make that sound and video would be merged.

You use the sound from a Ventrilo or teamspeak channel with the commentator in it.

It is explained in the guide linked earlier.
oh stupid me sorry and thanks!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG