The online racing simulator
My dad had a 100W guitar amp that was capable of being deafeningly loud, while his 300W home audio speakers couldn't hope to match it for sheer sound output.

It's all about the efficiencies of the speaker. Home audio stuff is generally less efficient due to the need for more clarity.
In the '90s I used to lug around a pair of 15" cabs which were rated for 200W each. I now do a 2x12" cab which is rated for 800W. Speaker size isn't all that relevant really. Surface area has more to do with frequency response than it does power handling.

Quote from Forbin :It's all about the efficiencies of the speaker.

Power handling is one physical quality of the speaker, very much a known quantity. Efficiency is a more complicated issue and is as much to do with the speaker enclosure as the speaker itself (although of course if a driver produces a lot of heat you're losing a lot of power). Efficiency is generally discussed in terms of dB per watt, and yes it is arguably more important than the power rating, but the two are different specs.

Incidentally, 99% of speaker manufacturers make up 99% of their specifications off the tops of their heads. Frequency curve traces in particular are usually complete bollocks. That's why sound engineers tend to judge products using their ears rather than spec sheets.
Quote from Fuse5 :BASTARD!!
saving money for oxygen 49 and an usb soundcard

eheh

...but I waited half a year to get this. I wanted the oxygen, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I got the axiom. I was going insane with the waiting

BTW... I heard somewhere its better to have a PCI card than USB because USB connection gives more lag to the sound. Maybe this is not true but you should inform yourself.
With this card I can get < 5 ms delay in the sound with ASIO drivers.

I have one USB card (Line 6 TonePort) to connect the electric guitar and it gives me very bad results with ASIO drivers. I dunno if its the drivers or the USB connection, but it sucks as soundcard in any DAW (reaper, cubase, live..)

Which soundcard do you have in mind?
Quote from tiagolapa :eheh

...but I waited half a year to get this. I wanted the oxygen, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I got the axiom. I was going insane with the waiting

BTW... I heard somewhere its better to have a PCI card than USB because USB connection gives more lag to the sound. Maybe this is not true but you should inform yourself.
With this card I can get < 5 ms delay in the sound with ASIO drivers.

I have one USB card (Line 6 TonePort) to connect the electric guitar and it gives me very bad results with ASIO drivers. I dunno if its the drivers or the USB connection, but it sucks as soundcard in any DAW (reaper, cubase, live..)

Which soundcard do you have in mind?

I won't have much use of a PCI card on a laptop.
i actually dont have a specific card in mind yet, but ive done plenty of research :P
Quote from Fuse5 :I won't have much use of a PCI card on a laptop.
i actually dont have a specific card in mind yet, but ive done plenty of research :P

yeah pci don't fit in laptops
btw I searched a little. It seams USB 2.0 is fine, so I'm wrong
Quote from Migz :$114.99?!

Is that normal for a game?!
Over here it's £30-40 for a game.
I know the £ is worth more then the $ but i didn't realise it was that much!

Lolno.
$ and € are about the same, and the most we pay for a game is 69,99 (And that just for a new PS3 game, usually they cost 30-50 bucks)
Quote from Migz :$114.99?!

Is that normal for a game?!
Over here it's £30-40 for a game.
I know the £ is worth more then the $ but i didn't realise it was that much!

1 Australian dollar = 0.676371122 Euros
114.99 = 77 Euros

Wtf...
Quote from Paranoid Android :1 Australian dollar = 0.676371122 Euros
114.99 = 77 Euros

Wtf...

New Zealand *Everything* is massively overpriced here (that includes Australia, I guess) compared to other countries. :|

According to Google, 115 New Zealand dollars equals...
53.8758444 British pounds
60.3914865 Euros

82.1445 U.S. dollars

Quote from gtpsharky :New Zealand *Everything* is massively overpriced here (that includes Australia, I guess) compared to other countries. :|

According to Google, 115 New Zealand dollars equals...
53.8758444 British pounds
60.3914865 Euros

82.1445 U.S. dollars

Well then it's okay I guess.
Condom
eggwhite omlet with turkey,tomato,homefries,and toast. so good
i din't buy any candy today yey need al the money i can get to be abel to buy a frex in the end of the summer

well, a girl was all like hey u wanna buy me a vitaman water, and i was all like, yeah.....cause im a pushover of corse, so i bought it and she was like, i owe you money now, and i was like naa, so she was like text me later

a few days ago i gave a few girls a dollar to get cookies and they were all like we owe you a dollar and i was all like naa....they are still trying to give me dollars

am i a tool, a pushover, or a pussy? please answer, cause i dont know (add your own word if nescessary)
Quote from logitekg25 :

well, a girl was all like hey u wanna buy me a vitaman water, and i was all like, yeah.....cause im a pushover of corse, so i bought it and she was like, i owe you money now, and i was like naa, so she was like text me later

a few days ago i gave a few girls a dollar to get cookies and they were all like we owe you a dollar and i was all like naa....they are still trying to give me dollars

am i a tool, a pushover, or a pussy? please answer, cause i dont know (add your own word if nescessary)

You're a tool, unless you can use it in your favour and make the girls stop sucking your money and start sucking something else.
PS: Vitamin water, seriously?!

PPS: Keeping it on-topic, just bought all 7 Harry Potter books :sorry: and this.
better for you then gatorade, tastes good....and my school only sells that stuff, and im fine with being a tool

i dont mind spending some money here and there
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :You're a tool, unless you can use it in your favour and make the girls stop sucking your money and start sucking something else.
PS: Vitamin water, seriously?!
this.

WOW WOW!!!! I did NOT see that coming!!!!!!!111
i drink vita water too, its not too sugary but it goes down nicley too.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :You're a tool, unless you can use it in your favour and make the girls stop sucking your money and start sucking something else.

Errr, Yuri... I sincerely hope it's just my filthy mind at work and you really weren't referring to that... :eye-poppi

Quote :PPS: Keeping it on-topic, just bought all 7 Harry Potter books :sorry: and this.

I have an LG LCD monitor for my desktop, and it's downright awful. I hope that your one is better
I like bells

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG