The online racing simulator
Quote from Billeh :Special Blend Beacon jacket.

Mmm special blend bacon...

Quote from jibber :

Jibber wins the thread. I had a go on one of these in a shop recently and I ended up playing with it for about an hour! Awesome, awesome bassline synth, sounds so massive.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Jibber wins the thread. I had a go on one of these in a shop recently and I ended up playing with it for about an hour! Awesome, awesome bassline synth, sounds so massive.

I was impressed with the demos on youtube already, but when i finally had it at home and got my hands on it, it still was a jaw dropping experience.

A friend of mine who came over played two hours with it and i almost had to take it away from him at the end...

Another friend who owns many old analogue synths including prophets and vintage moog stuff was also quite impressed with it.

It does sound cleaner than the old moog stuff (taurus pedals), but still quite impressive indeed! Very happy!
So much more convenient than a Taurus unit though. Who really wants organ pedals? Silly Moog. They did a limited run of a new Taurus design a couple of years ago and I just thought, who's going to buy these?

Of course they sold out immediately. What do I know.
I was always thinking the same thing! There's quite a few youtube videos of the taurus pedals where you can see people having them on a desk, playing with their hands... it looks just slightly retarded...

PS: The new limited edition of the minimoog voyager, now that's something really silly... limited to 30 pieces, covered in 24k gold, selling for about 15k... Bob Moog would be disgusted!
Yeah that's lame, trading on the brand, they'll end up being the sort of company that sells more T shirts than hardware.

I would love a Minimoog. I used to play in a band with a guy who had - I think - everything they'd ever made, and the Minimoog was my favourite. So easy to get brilliant sounds out of it. Keyboard was a bit cheap feeling but I'm not a keyboard player so I didn't care.

Don't have to deal with a battery on my motorcycle anymore.
Quote from skstibi :Don't have to deal with a battery on my motorcycle anymore.

It says 25V on there. May I ask what kind of motorcycle you own?
The hell is that.
Quote from 5tag :It says 25V on there.

It's just the max allowed voltage,not the only possible.
Quote from Boris Lozac :The hell is that.

A condansator. Some electrical thing,whatever...
not ure how he expects that to help with replacing the battery though
good luck trying to start an engine with 54mF of charge
I'm pretty sure he's not replacing,just adding to circuit...
lol! Epic response to that. I figured I could get some trolling replies.

It's a capacitor. 25V is maximum voltage. Yes, I AM replacing the battery with it. That's the whole point of a battery eliminating capacitor. I needed a minimum of 50,000µF and 16V for my Kawasaki KZ900. They don't make anything specific so you use a computer grade capacitor (or two if you can't find one with enough capacity).
Oh yes, it starts. It's called a damn Kick starter! Yeah, you use the power of your leg to start a 4-cylinder motorcycle. WHAT A CONCEPT!
darn, looks good, getting ready for winter fun?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I would love a Minimoog. I used to play in a band with a guy who had - I think - everything they'd ever made, and the Minimoog was my favourite. So easy to get brilliant sounds out of it. Keyboard was a bit cheap feeling but I'm not a keyboard player so I didn't care.

You could always build one yourself. The Minimoog schematics are openly available on the web... no idea how much it would cost to build one tho...
Lunch.
Attached images
Photo 10-12-12 16 15 15.jpeg
Quote from Bose321 :Lunch.

there doing it wrong ! it should be with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam, not french fries
New bits for my kapooter.
AMD X6 3.3Ghz
8GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix.
Currently only rocking an AMD Radeon HD5450. Getting new card on Tuesday.

For my truck a new battery. 1000CCA 130AH. The current jobby is underrated for my vehicle and suffers somewhat in the winter.
Quote from jrd.racer :ikea-food?

Yeah, what gave it away? The flag?
Quote from mblixt :there doing it wrong ! it should be with mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam, not french fries

Eww no, I explicitly did not take that.
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, what gave it away? The flag?

LOL no. This

I was actually just wondering what was Ikea food.
So a dish of fries with a couple of meatballs...

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG