Kickers/Banners damaging the game!!
I was having a great race the other night in the mini's and i was going into the same corner as another driver. It was all about outbraking and i outbraked him. I got kicked.

I am starting to get very annoyed at this banning rubbish and starting to regret paying my money for an S2 licence. Something needs to be done!!
Yeah, cool down and go to another server
Quote from Bontemps :
I am starting to get very annoyed at this banning rubbish and starting to regret paying my money for an S2 licence. Something needs to be done!!

Like what exactly? there is nothing that can be done really to aviod this, bar having full time mods on every server, its all part and parcel of the online gaming environtment, and happens in EVERY online game I have ever played.

Just make a mental note of either the server, and or the people frequenting the server and avoid them.

There are plenty of other decent servers with decent people on, just race on one of those.

TBH, I can't remember the last time I raced on a server and had these banning issues.

Dan,
#4 - jtr99
Quote from Bontemps :I was having a great race the other night in the mini's and i was going into the same corner as another driver. It was all about outbraking and i outbraked him. I got kicked.

Just curious, but did you have significant overlap with the other car before the turn-in point? People's ideas of what constitutes a legitimate "out-braking" move can vary wildly...

And no, it wasn't me.
Well, I remember seeing you racing sometimes and I can't say that your driving was that good/clean at times

Just go to different server, D'oh
yeah, sometimes it's just a case of peeps not really being very patient with others of (no offence intended) less experience/skill, maybee you'd pissed them off somehow previously, without nessecarily meaning to.

I've been banned myself just for beating somebody, they seemed to loose it a bit, got themselves into a tizzy and procceeded to ban me out of sheer spite, the trouble with bans/kicks is that sometimes people just join in blindly when a vote starts without knowing anything about the incident in question. before you know it you've been banned.

Don't worry tho', there are more good guys than ****s, and as long as you're a good guy you'll find the banning/kicking will ease off in time.

BTW top tip for surviving online. Don't use the standard skins, it makes you look like a noob and like i said, some peeps are very impatiant with noobs, (there usually pretty noob themselves)
Quote from Hyperactive :Well, I remember seeing you racing sometimes and I can't say that your driving was that good/clean at times

Just go to different server, D'oh

I race for fun and do push as it is just a game. Not sure where you saw me and decided i was not clean/good?? Its a tough game to be 100% and occasionally you do spin off.

Back to the issue. I appeciate its online gaming and kicking is part of the game but being kicked for being better is crap!

As for the legality of my move, i had a slight lead but he had the inside line. I would have accepted a racing incident. Think reason i was pissed is because i love the mini racing and finding a good server is rare so being kicked was annoying. But hey, i didnt really mind that much and will continue to play!!! This game is superb!!!!
#8 - bbman
See, you don't "accept" an incident... You try to avoid it... I had many incidents, where some drivers had just a slight lead and pushed me off the track reasoning with their few centimetres of their lead... In the end, this ISN'T clean racing! When you race clean, you DON'T have to force a pass with the crowbar, it's just not necessary...
Quote from bbman :See, you don't "accept" an incident... You try to avoid it... I had many incidents, where some drivers had just a slight lead and pushed me off the track reasoning with their few centimetres of their lead... In the end, this ISN'T clean racing! When you race clean, you DON'T have to force a pass with the crowbar, it's just not necessary...

but come on it's just a game....I think people can be very rude with kicking too. I mean mistakes happen for gods sake, and people should learn to deal with it
#10 - shim
the only time i used the kick/ban feature is only when there are wreckers in the server..
generally I find the people that come out with 'it's just a game' comments are the one's I don't want to race with. I don't care whether it's just a game or not, I want to be able to enjoy it effectively.
If you're 'pushing' too hard in the game and annoying others, perhaps your own actions are the one you should be looking at. I don't think I've ever been kicked, and also don't think I'm anything particularly special?
I agree. If you make any contact with anyone you run the risk of being banned. A light tap is part of racing but should be avoided at all costs. Ofcourse I am guilty of missing braking points from time to time and taking people out, but everyone I race with knows this is unintentional and I always apologise.

If I was to make an outbraking manouvre round the outside, as I turn in I will leave a car width between me and the apex so the person I am passing has space. If I make contact at this point I would expect then to be unhappy.

If you enjoy racing the minis then come and join us at the Clean Racers Club. We run a mini event where we meet twice a week and race in a series that lasts a couple of months. Brilliant fun. Would love to see some knew entrants. See www.cleanracersclub.org. Site is down at the mo for some reason. Usually its up and running fine so don't worry about it.

Go to the site, add a note in the events forum that you would like to join the next season (last season just finished). Have a look at some of the chat and you'll get a feel for it. Also, you can watch some replays if you like.

If you fancy it, fill in the form to become a CRC apllicant and when members race with you, assuming you are clean, they'll vote for you.
Quote from Gentlefoot :...See www.cleanracersclub.org. Site is down at the mo for some reason...

The site's moving servers AFAIK.

EDIT: And there's now a message to that effect on the site.

Serp.
Quote from theblackrabbi :but come on it's just a game....I think people can be very rude with kicking too. I mean mistakes happen for gods sake, and people should learn to deal with it

I was talking about reckless driving, you're talking about mistakes... That's a HUGE difference... And you are the one driving recklessly in RL, if I remember correctly, so I don't wanna race you when you thinking of racing in LfS as "just a game"... THIS attitude gets people banned really quickly... And I can't say I wouldn't support that...
Quote from bbman :I was talking about reckless driving, you're talking about mistakes... That's a HUGE difference... And you are the one driving recklessly in RL, if I remember correctly, so I don't wanna race you when you thinking of racing in LfS as "just a game"... THIS attitude gets people banned really quickly... And I can't say I wouldn't support that...

Yeah alright!!! I paid my money and i play how i see fit. If i want some racing fun i will and if i want a serious race i will. Its up to me how i play the game and nobody else. illepall
But if you want racing 'fun' whilst all the other drivers are having a serious race, you should accept the bans you will surely get.
As in any sport respect for your opponent/s is of utmost importance. You are there to provide opposition for your opponents and as such you influence the amount of fun they derive from the competition. It is your job therefore to play fair, be friendly and gracious in victory or defeat.

If you are all agreed that tapping each other round or bump passing is allowed then fine. In my experience though most people want clean racing i.e. no contact except by accident. I personally would be very angry if I was in the middle of say a 15 lap race and someone smashed me off the track becuase thats how the mood took them.
In real life certain classes of car do allow for a bit of door rubbing, but many don't... In LFS until there is a major change in the situation of "lag hits" I don't see it as valid racing in any class and even if that wasn't an issue it certainly wouldn't be acceptable in all classes of car in LFS.

The real key is if you want real close good fights on the track do it with people you know and race with often, as they and you will have almost a sixth sense about each other you can then have some very intense battles without the incidents
Quote from Bontemps :Yeah alright!!! I paid my money and i play how i see fit. If i want some racing fun i will and if i want a serious race i will. Its up to me how i play the game and nobody else. illepall

You are not alone when playing...Perhaps you can do as you wish if you have your own server. With that approach I think you will be banned in real life to. Get used to be banned or change.
Quote from Bontemps :Yeah alright!!! I paid my money and i play how i see fit. If i want some racing fun i will and if i want a serious race i will. Its up to me how i play the game and nobody else. illepall

So what are you doing in the multiplayer side of the game? Bugger off and stay with single player if that's your attitude...
Quote from Blowtus :So what are you doing in the multiplayer side of the game? Bugger off and stay with single player if that's your attitude...

why dont you bugger off. This is a discussions forum, if you can grow up piss off!
Quote from Tooby :You are not alone when playing...Perhaps you can do as you wish if you have your own server. With that approach I think you will be banned in real life to. Get used to be banned or change.

Sir yes Sir!!

And it's up to the players and/or the admins on that server to evaluate if they accept you any longer... Simple as that...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG