The online racing simulator
noobTV
(151 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :And you don't need to call me tristancliffe - Tristan will do

I'm sorry Tristan, I used copy & paste without thinking
Quote from Frankmd :Yes it will. However, there is a reason that you normally cant get in those areas, so these cameras should be placed wisely.

i am rather thinking about making videos, than creating permanent trackside cams. Whats the reason for this restriction?
Quote from SchneeFee :i am rather thinking about making videos, than creating permanent trackside cams. Whats the reason for this restriction?

It happens quite often that you see all sorts of graphical glitches if you are outside the track bouds (or go higher then 2.6m).
Suggestion for future versions:
camera parameter for amount of shaking when car is moving fast and close
camera parameter for amount of shaking in low FOV (big zoom)
(0 - 100 for example; 0 without this efect)
Quote from Don :- zoom in/out where i could control how much it zooms (lower than 12° that is currently available would be nice) and also the speed of zoom (currently there are 3 speeds, but thats not enough...the fastest speed isnt fast enough and the slowest speed isnt slow enough)

what about control zoom speed throught pedals? brake - zoom out, throttle - zoom in
you can haveany speed between 0 and defined max
#31 - Don
yeah, cool idea
(You knew someone one going to ask this)
Could you make this in C, C++?
Windows XP x64 is very skittish on Java.
Quote from Dygear :(You knew someone one going to ask this)
Could you make this in C, C++?
Windows XP x64 is very skittish on Java.

Then the guys from microsoft shoulg get their act toghether and make sure my program runs on that platform.
I dont think I am using any fancy stuff, so if my program doesnt work, then I dont think any program except form the Hello, world! will work.
this is awesome, with some longer shots (like the ones you did in the preview movie), online broadcasts could be definately improved a lot! it's more tv-like.

it would be nice to be able to switch the camerafiles during play. so you could use a special configuration for lap 1 (especially turn 1) to focus on the whole drivers field.

after lap one you can switch to a more "zoomed in" configuration.
Quote from Frankmd :Then the guys from microsoft shoulg get their act toghether and make sure my program runs on that platform.
I dont think I am using any fancy stuff, so if my program doesnt work, then I dont think any program except form the Hello, world! will work.

Surely you mean SUN. Dont forget that Microsoft isnt allowed to ship its own Java VM anymore.
I really wouldnt know about that, but since Dygear said that Windows was skittish on Java, and not the other way around, I figured it was Microsofts fault.

I stand corrected
You install Java and it tends to look at you and laugh.
It would be very interesting! I like the way of the slides, because it looks much more realistic.
If you need a beta-tester, i will support with my knowledge of online-casting.

Good work, Frank !
Just a little update, Im having some difficulties with networkconnections in Java, so don't expect a quick release or anything.
Yeh, that is a possibility, but staying with that car for 10 seconds means you might miss something else.
One thing is for sure, a program like that would need some serious testing and tweaking.
Here's a new preview movie. I added moving camera's along a line. Next up will be making sure the program is usable to everyone so that I can release a testversion later this week.

http://nic.mm2c.com/files/KY_NAT.wmv
Impressive
Very nice indeed.
Quote from Michael Radmer :It would be very interesting! I like the way of the slides, because it looks much more realistic.
If you need a beta-tester, i will support with my knowledge of online-casting.

Good work, Frank !

my opinion, too
Sweet!
Frank,

That is some seriously impressive work. Nice One M8ty
Quote from Frankmd :Next up will be making sure the program is usable to everyone so that I can release a testversion later this week.

soooo... any news?
Looks very nice. But one question;

will it be possible to set the camera at places you can't come now? (for example behind the fench, that would be very nice for movies)
Very unlikely i'd say.
Doesn's this app just control the ingame shift+u camera?
It is possible. Altough there is a reason you cant get behind the fence in shift+u mode, and that reason is that you sometimes get graphical glitches. You can, for example, set the camera 50m above the track, but at some tracks the tarmac will dissapear, or you will see ugly parts next to the track.

As for the release, my goal is to get something working before the next masters of endurance race. If I manage to get something that is worth sharing I will put a link here.

noobTV
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG