The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 250 : Rules
Hello racers:

Attached you'll find the rules for the 2009 Kyoto 250. Take a look at them, read them, know them. The NDR Sporting Code also applies.

Signups will open on 5 January at 00:01 GMT.

Post comments or questions relating to the rules here.

d
Attached files
2009Kyoto250Rules.pdf - 156.8 KB - 426 views
great... just one thing... You doubled the fact that the name format must follow the CODE... somewhere in the beginning and at the very end...
just as question... the Kyoto 250 qualifying is on March 7th because the qualifying will see this twin race thing, I want to ask when the actual race takes place? Or did I misunderstood it?
Qualifying is the 1st March, The race is on the 7th March
Quote from dekojester :You have until 23:59 UTC on the day prior to Qualifying which is held on 7th March to meet all entry requirements.

that's the text of the sign-up thread

EDIT: I noticed that there is again some reallife stuff on March/7 - wich will be no problem as I can be there the first 2 h of racing
Quote from Dates Thread :The 2nd Annual Kyoto 250 will take place on 7 March 2009, with the Green Flag to fly at 16:10 GMT. Qualifying Day will be on March 1, 2009, starting at 14:00 UTC, and will have a hotlap session, followed by Twin 115-Mile Races to finish setting the grid (full procedure to be announced later.) Signups will open on 5 January 2009.

Just a q bout the skin?
Is the rule with the big number on top and side still active?
BTW, any dates fixed for the official practice sessions?
Q about quali... I have read through the rules, but i still don't get, how you'll decide, who will drive race itself, when there's so much entries.. IIRC there will be two 150 lappers, but when you'll have more than 60 entries, it will be not enough.
Quote :
There will be two (2) 115-mile races held after a ten-minute break following the
hotlaps to finalize the grid.

a.
Regardless of what happens, the pole-sitter for each event will hold their grid
position.

b.
The races will start with two laps behind the Safety Car followed by a rolling
start.

c.
The Race 1 result will determine the Odd File of the grid.

d.
The Race 2 result will determine the Even File of the grid.

e.
The top eleven (11) finishers in each race shall start in their respective file in
the order they finished the race. Should the pole-sitter for that race finish in
the top 11, they will be factored out.

f.
The Twin 115 Races shall have one required pit stop under green flag
conditions.

The final three rows of the grid shall be classified as “Provisional” starting
positions. These are to be filled by the fastest 6 cars from hotlaps who did not
make it into the race via the Twin 115s.

Hmm, that confuses me too. Whats the take dek?

Quote from Kid222 :Q about quali... I have read through the rules, but i still don't get, how you'll decide, who will drive race itself, when there's so much entries.. IIRC there will be two 150 lappers, but when you'll have more than 60 entries, it will be not enough.

It's done the way the Daytona 500 does it.

After hotlap session, the first two positions are set.

Then odd numbered positions (1,3,5,7,9, etc) will race in Race 1. These positions would be on the inside of the grid. After Race 1, the finishing order (not counting the polesitter from that race) will start on the inside file of the grid. 1st will be 3rd, 2nd 5th, 3rd 7th, etc.

Race two is the same, except with even numbered positions. These will set the outside file.

A maximum of 30 cars will start. I can effectively fit through 62 qualified entrants.

d
Quote from dekojester :It's done the way the Daytona 500 does it.

After hotlap session, the first two positions are set.

Then odd numbered positions (1,3,5,7,9, etc) will race in Race 1. These positions would be on the inside of the grid. After Race 1, the finishing order (not counting the polesitter from that race) will start on the inside file of the grid. 1st will be 3rd, 2nd 5th, 3rd 7th, etc.

Race two is the same, except with even numbered positions. These will set the outside file.

A maximum of 30 cars will start. I can effectively fit through 62 qualified entrants.

d

^ That's how I understood it, but these seem to contradict that

Quote :
e.
The top eleven (11) finishers in each race shall start in their respective file in
the order they finished the race. Should the pole-sitter for that race finish in
the top 11, they will be factored out.

Quote :
The final three rows of the grid shall be classified as “Provisional” starting
positions. These are to be filled by the fastest 6 cars from hotlaps who did not
make it into the race via the Twin 115s.

on patch Z or patch Z10 sever?
Quote from scania :on patch Z or patch Z10 sever?

leagues take place in official patch i believe
Quote from scania :on patch Z or patch Z10 sever?

Our server is currently on Z. It will stay this way, excepting if an official patch is released prior to 72 hours before start of qualification.

d
german translation of the rulebook should be ready tomorrow I think...
I cant find if there is an obligated pitstop??? and if there is a window??
Quote from Rules :7. Pit Lane
1. During green flag conditions, the pitlane shall remain open and pitstops may be
made freely. //
Unter Grüner Flagge bleibt die Boxengasse offen und Boxenstopps können gemacht
werden.

Oh and I doubt you can go 250 miles without stopping.
You can do a pit stop when you like
Quote from hyntty :.

Oh and I doubt you can go 250 miles without stopping.

You'd be surprised.
... someones bound to wreck you...

:hidesbehi
Quote from hyntty :... someones bound to wreck you...

:hidesbehi

Let them look like the idiot then.
If we've got enough cautions i think evrybody can make the race on one tyre set.

I was running with 0.5% fuel/lap at half of the parc session today.
Just one question ,for safe racing .Should be bumpdrafting disallowed?
One small lag ,and SC is here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG