The online racing simulator
Legends Racing Team is now official!
(208 posts, started )
Introducing Legends Racing Team!

Legends Racing Team was released official December 24th 2008. The team was born December 1st 2008 in secret by Tommy Østgaard (Tomhah), Sebastian Brolin (Brolle89) and Stein-Andre Skavdal (fox, Stein-Andre) who decided to make a new racing team. Tommy and fox met each other first. They started to drift together (!), and after a while, they joined ™ fun where they met Sebastian. But after around 3-5 months they leaved ™ fun because they were tired of drifting, so they started to race again. It didn’t take a long time until they had got their old pace back again. They wanted to keep driving and work together, so they decided to make a new team. Since we wanted to be in the same team, and all of us wanted to do a job (like skinning etc.), we decided to make Legends Racing Team.

Our team is new, so we are searching for new drivers. To apply to our team, you need to send us a private message (PM) here, on lfsforum.net. We are working on a website which will be online as soon as possible. (Right after New Year.) The site is being designed by a professional web designer who has designed many of the “STCC cars” (http://www.stcc.se/) which is the biggest series in Sweden and in Scandinavia (if I’m correct?). The designer is Sebastian Brolin’s father. Anyway, you need to write something about yourself, and put some effort into it in your private message. Don’t write for example “Hey, can I join?” That’s not enough.

To join our team, you need these qualifications:

- Respectful (The driver has to show respect for other drivers and be responsible on and off the track. If you do something wrong, be responsible, and don’t shout out bad words if somebody else do a mistake. Everyone can do a mistake.)

- To have will to get better (You need to have a potential, and the will to practice and get better. We will help you to improve.)

- Some experience and skills (You don’t need to be the fastest guy out there, but you need to be fast enough. We will help you to get better, but you need some experience.)

- Helpful (You should be a helpful person and help other teammates. You should share setups and give some advices to the others.)

- Active (You need to be active. We want to see you as much as possible.)

- A Live for Speed S2 account.

- Serious (You need to be serious. It’s pretty much of the same as respectful. We are a serious racing team, but of course we will have some fun! Crashing online is NOT fun.)

- You need to understand English. (Try to write and speak the best as you can. Try to write for example Sorry instead of sry, and wait instead of w8 etc. Of course, if you is in a race, and not have time to write the whole word, you can do the word shorter if you don’t have time to write the full sentence or word, but write the full word if you can.)

Our team has currently four members:
LRT|S.Brolin
LRT|S-A.Skavdal
LRT|T.Østgaard
LRT|K.O'Keefe
LRT|E.Shaw
grey = white

Here are some facts about the Team managers:

Fox (Stein André Skavdal)

Come from: Norway
MSN address: stein_andre@hotmail.com
Favorite car(s): GTR and XFG
Favorite track: The most

My Name is Stein André and I’m 15 years old and I have driven racing games since Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 came out (one of the first). After that I have bought ALL Need for Speed games, mostly on PS2 but the last games on PC.

My LFS Career

I started with live for speed because I had tried the game with a friend of my, Thomas Hårberg and I liked with very much, so I played the DEMO for a while, until I bought G25 and Live for speed S2.
The first team I joined was [SR] (Storm Racing) but I left [SR] again, for it didn’t fit for me. After a while I joined [GSR] and I stayed there for perhaps half a year. But then I met Tommy Østgaard (Tomhah) and we joined team ™fun. In™ fun we met Sebastian Brolin (brolle). We stayed there for maybe 2-5 months before we began with racing again, because we were tired of drifting, and wanted to race again. It didn’t take a long time before we got back to our normal speed again, and started push even harder. I had a great comeback where I finished 4th in one of the SCC cup races.

Private life

I live in Vuku a place in Verdal in the middle-Norway. In my spare time I play Live For Speed , drive motorcycle , snowmobile , bike cycling , parties and play some another computer games.
I am Interested in engines, computer and women and I like to watch TV. My favorite TV programs is: Simpson, the family guy, futurama and “the julekalender”
My family: I have a father who is 42 years old, a mother who is 39, a sister who are 18 and a brother who are 20 years old.
Things I don’t like: My angry mother ^^ and fish.
Hobbies: One thing which we call «Skotthyll» in Norwegian. I don’t know what it’s called in English, sorry.

Tomhah (Tommy Østgaard)

Come from: Norway
MSN address: gillard_93@hotmail.com
Favorite car(s): XFG and FZR
Favorite track: Fern bay Club/green

My name is Tommy Østgaard and I'm 15 years old. I have a lot of experience to racing games, and I played my first game when I was 4 years old. Since then, I have been in love with computer and games. I'm not only playing games. I'm also one of the world’s youngest Formula drivers in the world. Two weeks ago, I tested a Formula Renault 2.0, and I have to say that this real driving experience is a good advantage.

My live for speed career

I started to play the Live for speed Demo in 2005. I liked the game very much, so I bought it. I used my MOMO wheel in some months before I bought Logitech G25 steering wheel as well. In 2007 I started in [SR] Storm-racing and stayed there for a while. The team was growing very fast, but I thought they were growing in the wrong direction. They were more inactive and they got a lot of members who did nothing. So I left the team. I drove alone for some time, until I got tired of Live for Speed (Believe it or not) and started with rFactor. But I was longing for Live for Speed very quickly, and started to drift. I joined TM Fun, but left 4-5 months later because I wanted to race again. I did a “comeback” in the Swedish Close Combat Cup series, and got 1st place in my first race there! I also drove the “klappjakten” race.

Private life

In my spare time, I am racing in real life. My real racing carrier started when I was 8 years old. I started to drive go-cart in the lowest class called “Cadetti” and droved “micro”, ”junior 60” and ICA Jr. before I ended the go-cart carrier in 2008. I finished in many top places during my go-cart carrier, but I got my breakthrough this year, when I started to drive Formula Basic, which is a Norwegian Formula class based on Van diemens Formula Ford. The engine is a Ford Fiesta XRT 2 engine with around 100 horsepower. The cars weight is only 450 kg, so the top speed is around 200 km/t. I was really fast from the first time I hit the throttle. In my first race, we had some trouble with the engine, but we managed to fix it before the final. I started 15th, but I finished 5th! I was under the lap record and I got splurge by the Yokohama chief in Norway! I finished 2nd in two races (0, 02 sec behind the leader in one of them!). But we had trouble with the engine and car in many races later in the season, but we showed that we will fight in the top next year.

06.10.08 I tested a Formula Renault 2.0, with has around 200 horsepower, and weight around 450 kg. They do 0-100 on 2.7 seconds, and have a top speed at 260 km/t! This test where a success! I was just one sec, over the lap record! So in 2009, we are going to drive the Nordic-Series in Formula Renault 2.0, if we get enough money from our sponsors.

Outside the track, I’m a happy and nice person and I’m always myself. I don’t attempt to be someone else. I’m interested in computers, games, Photoshop and motorsport. I have a mum, dad, a little brother and an older sister.

Sebastian Brolin is busy with the Christmas, so he misses his document, but I have written some information about him.

Brolle (Sebastian Brolin)

Come from: Sweden
MSN address: brolle_the_king@hotmail.com
Favorite car(s): XRT and FZ5
Favorite tracks: Aston Cadet and Fern Bay Gold

Legends Racing Team is now sponsored by Experion Hosting - Low priced Live for Speed servers. They will support us with a free LFS server, while we will advertise for them while we are waiting for our server.

- Legends Racing Team wishes everyone a good Christmas and a happy New Year!
good luck guys. this team WILL last.
good lukc looks a well thought out team
Id be interested in joining!
Thank you.

here is a 3D render of the VWS (Volkswagen Scirocco)

Thanks to Gustix for making the scene etc. I have not made it, just a render to show you how our skins looks like.
All the best - gl and hf with the team
Yeah, thanks people! I’m so excited about this team. I’m so proud to be one of the leaders with Tomhah and Brolle by my side!
All the best guys Ask if You need help .
Legends is already used in a team iirc.

Good Luck
Quote from Dennis93 :Legends is already used in a team iirc.

Good Luck

Not that I know about. I have searched around and didn't find any
Good Luck!
Good luck with your new team guys! Looks great
Thank you very much
Know this finnaly loks like a good team that will last and i'm looking for a team so here is a quick form i Filled out
What kind of team are you looking for? Race
Preferred Car/Track: FXR,FZR, on Aston Nat.
Best Laptime on Car/Track: FXR on Aston Nat: 1:44:300 FZR on Aston Nat: 1:47:260 I'm getting better slowly as [CD]aceracer is helping me a little.
How Active Are You? I'm not always on cause i'm a student but I try to be on everyday.
What Kind of Control do you use?Mouse + kb hopefully getting wheel soon.
Time Zone: GMT - 8:00 or PST (Pacific Standard Time)

I may not be the fastest but i'm consistent!

I haven't been on LFS for a few weeks but give me a few days and i'll be back up averaging 1:44 - low 1:45
Quote from swisscosmo :Know this finnaly loks like a good team that will last and i'm looking for a team so here is a quick form i Filled out
What kind of team are you looking for? Race
Preferred Car/Track: FXR,FZR, on Aston Nat.
Best Laptime on Car/Track: FXR on Aston Nat: 1:44:300 FZR on Aston Nat: 1:47:260 I'm getting better slowly as [CD]aceracer is helping me a little.
How Active Are You? I'm not always on cause i'm a student but I try to be on everyday.
What Kind of Control do you use?Mouse + kb hopefully getting wheel soon.
Time Zone: GMT - 8:00 or PST (Pacific Standard Time)

I may not be the fastest but i'm consistent!

I haven't been on LFS for a few weeks but give me a few days and i'll be back up averaging 1:44 - low 1:45

Read the text. Private message!

EDIT: Our team has now got a avatar chassis/overlay for our avatars.
Good luck guys, nice to see a proper team presentation from a new team for once
Best of luck guys! Hope to see you on track in the new year
Looks promising! Good luck guys! Ja vi elsker!
Thanks guys. Ja vi elsker!

Some new information:
We will get our own Live for Speed and TeamSpeak server very soon. =)

If you have some questions or something, just ask.
nice start, this looks promising,

All the best from RSR
Quote from Tomhah :Read the text. Private message!

EDIT: Our team has now got a avatar chassis/overlay for our avatars.

Ahh sorry about that I didn't see that part.

Legends Racing Team is now having their first tryout. Two drivers were facing the random combo RB4/FE1, ExSpeed from Estonia and Swisscosmo from Canada.

Some information about their and our tryout in general:

Our tryout last over seven days (one week) the time period can be longer or smaller but mainly seven days. The first day they will drive a random track and car, to see how they manage that. Then, we will tell they what they did wrong (if they did) and tell they what you should do to improve. After the “test” they have one week to practice and try to "hang out" with us. At the last day, we will test them again, to see if they have improved their driving since the last time.
One of the drivers preformed very well while the other driver need to improve. Both drivers was acting well and I think they have a nice personality, time will show!

We will tell you how it went when they tryout period is finished.

-Legends Racing Team

(208 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG