The online racing simulator
Zero Punctuation
(17 posts, started )
Zero Punctuation
Anyone a fan of Yahtzee's work on Zero Punctuation. CLICK (caution strong language. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!)

some of his reviews had me doubled over in stitches with laughter, and his latest was spot on the mark with regards to the Sonic series. He also has another show on Game Damage which doesn't give him the same reign but still funny.
Nearly everyone I've spoken to that's heard him says he's hilarious. Peronsally I find he moans too much, that isn't funny to me. Hypocritical perhaps, but never mind, I'll get over it
#3 - amp88
Been a fan for a while
Agree with PB. He has some funny moments, atleast 2 or 3 per review, but I don't find his stuff as humourous as some of the Euro Gamer reviews. He's the only reviewer who includes his own graphics/animations though, which is neat.

I saw recently that 'Zero Punctuation' makes it into the top 10 (20?) searches on google, so he's pretty darn popular.
I've been watching for a couple of months now. Consistently hilarious!
He summarises an hour of speech in 4 minutes. That's just crazy.
Most of what he says is spot on, at least in my personal opinion.
Sometimes I feel he tends to dwell on stuff that's either integral to the game or just not worth bothering with. There's a few times I've watched as he ranted about stuff that the average person wouldn't notice more than once or twice.
But most of the time he says pretty much what I think
When I clicked on this thread I expected it to be a rant about lack of grammar or something.
One of my favourite ZP moments is in the text at the end of his Crysis rant.

'I have to say I admire Crysis for having an english character that at no point dies, becomes evil or expresses a love of crumpets'.
Well, he does bash EVERY game he reviews, even the ones I LOVED, but hey... as long as it's funny - it's good. New reviews out every wednesday
Quote from pb32000 :Nearly everyone I've spoken to that's heard him says he's hilarious. Peronsally I find he moans too much, that isn't funny to me. Hypocritical perhaps, but never mind, I'll get over it

Moans too much? He's a critic, that's his job

Quote from Crashgate3 :One of my favourite ZP moments is in the text at the end of his Crysis rant.

'I have to say I admire Crysis for having an english character that at no point dies, becomes evil or expresses a love of crumpets'.

ROFL I'd forgotten about that one. I particularly liked the painkiller and army of two reviews.

"It shoots shurikens and lightning! It could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire!" - Painkiller

"...While Mercenaries are immortal bad asses who make tons of money and like it rough behind - 'no, bad Yahtzee!- what I meant to say was 'and you get to wear funky skull masks like it's Halloween, only it's you giving out the candy and the candy is BULLETS!" - Army of Two

There's so many hilarious quotes to be made from his reviews. To be honest, as well, I think he is the best critic I've come across; he doesn't look at everything through rose (brown?) tinted goggles and never gives a perfect review (because nothing deserves it!)
this is funny!
Quote from MAGGOT :...and never gives a perfect review (because nothing deserves it!)

He gave Portal a near-perfect review, and it most certainly deserved it.

I've been keeping up with his reviews from the very beginning and love all of them. The first review I saw of his was for Bioshock (after I played it) and, being a huge fan of System Shock 2, was in complete agreement with him when he said, "It's not like System Shock 2, it is System Shock 2." Just dumbed down. A lot. For the console tards.

He's been similarly spot-on for the other games I've actually played.
Quote from Forbin :He gave Portal a near-perfect review, it most certainly deserved it.

Forgot about that one - but it was in the Orange box review which had some criticisms (although, was a pretty positive review itself, too)
Quote from Forbin :He gave Portal a near-perfect review, and it most certainly deserved it.

He also gave COD4 a good review, in fact that is one of his best reviews.
The Fallout 3 review was great but the top piece so far is the Deus Ex intro song with lyrics.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO

Zero Punctuation
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG