The online racing simulator
Color management/ profiles
(19 posts, started )
I hope i will find some help here, i really hope.

I got problems with color management or color profiles. Dropping any image into Photoshop makes color balance go wrong, and that's why i can't properly edit my pictures, it really annoys.
Monitor uses profile SM177N which is by default installed from monitor setup CD.

Problem looks like this:
Before Photoshop

In Photoshop

System
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 710N
Video card: Club 3D Radeon X1950GT
Windows: XP
Photoshop: CS3
Adjust the colour balance yourself?
This is what sucks about editing video. What looks good on your screen may look bad on someone elses.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Adjust the colour balance yourself?

You really think that i didn't tried that out? Anyway it goes wrong after adjusting the color balance, because after saving picture color looks wrong (too dark or too bright).

Quote from wheel4hummer :This is what sucks about editing video. What looks good on your screen may look bad on someone elses.

Picture editing in this situation. Agree with you, but that's why i'm searching for the best fix.
edit => colour settings => choose appropriate profile
Is photoshop in the right colour mode ? Check near the filename in photoshop & it *should* be in RGB/8 mode ...

Only thing I can think of ...

Sarge.
Use "S RGB" on all your hardware and software.
I am a photographer and I can't see any difference between S RGB and Adobe98 colour spaces.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Thanks Toddshooter, you are my hope.

Colour settings in Photoshop:

How to synchronize Monitor, Photoshop, Printer colour profiles? They all should be the same - sRGB?
Quote from PioneerLv :Thanks Toddshooter, you are my hope.

Colour settings in Photoshop:

How to synchronize Monitor, Photoshop, Printer colour profiles? They all should be the same - sRGB?

Yes!! They should all be the same. This is the standard colour space for the web as well. So if you order prints from an online dealer like Walmart or some other this is the colour space they will use.

You should be able to go into your Monitor settings and select SRGB. If your monitor doesn't have the SRGB profile already you will be able to download it off the web easy enough.
Then go into your Graphics card colour settings and change it to SRGB as well.
And finally change photoshop to SRGB as well.

You will find that everything looks dark and dull to begin with. This is normal!! Most monitors come from the factory over saturated and overly bright so when you colour balance them they look shi%. Don't worry you will get used to it.

edit: PS Try to post jpegs instead of png as attachments. png's are horribly big and clumsy.:-)
Quote from Toddshooter : Yes!! They should all be the same. This is the standard colour space for the web as well. So if you order prints from an online dealer like Walmart or some other this is the colour space they will use.

You should be able to go into your Monitor settings and select SRGB. If your monitor doesn't have the SRGB profile already you will be able to download it off the web easy enough.
Then go into your Graphics card colour settings and change it to SRGB as well.
And finally change photoshop to SRGB as well.

You will find that everything looks dark and dull to begin with. This is normal!! Most monitors come from the factory over saturated and overly bright so when you colour balance them they look shi%. Don't worry you will get used to it.

edit: PS Try to post jpegs instead of png as attachments. png's are horribly big and clumsy.:-)

Ah, the glory days of trippin' on LSD and postin' misinformation on teh interwebz.
LFS isn't color managed, while Photoshop is - that's why you are seeing the differences.

I'm too lazy to boot to my XP to doublecheck this, but I bet if you set your working profile to monitor profile, then the screenie will look identical.

If you want the easy peasy solution (but not the right one), then do what Toddshooter suggests.

If you want to do things the right way however, then have numbers for psychiatrists lined up - you'll need them.
Wuuu, thanks guys, it really works now great with same color profile on all system!

Only one question:

Which color profile is better to use? sRGB IEC61966-2.1 or Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM (monitor default) or any else?
Quote from PioneerLv :
Which color profile is better to use? sRGB IEC61966-2.1 or Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM (monitor default) or any else?

sRGB - never use device dependent profiles as workspace profile.
Quote from spankmeyer :Ah, the glory days of trippin' on LSD and postin' misinformation on teh interwebz.

misinformation? How?

PS: I know all about colour profiling my monitor and all the bullshi% that goes with it. I have tried colour both ways. The easy way and the hard way, unless you are a pro selling huge commercial prints, SRGB is all anyone needs. The only people that could tell the difference are pixel detectives that troll photo forums looking for mistakes.
I challenge you to post a duplicate picture...one with SRGB and one with Adobe98 and see if anyone can tell the difference.
Woh!

That means i need to use SRGB color profile on all my system?

Sorry guys for questions, but it is hard to understand in first time.
Quote from PioneerLv :Woh!

That means i need to use SRGB color profile on all my system?

Sorry guys for questions, but it is hard to understand in first time.

Yes.
It is the standard of the web and almost everything else. Unless you are a profesional Photographer or Graphics designer, don't let anyone talk you into getting colour profile software or or hardware. It is not needed for great results.
Ok, thanks. Now i understand about usafe of sRGB.

But what about AdobeRGB?

sRGB vs. AdobeRGB
Quote from Toddshooter :misinformation? How?

PS: I know all about colour profiling my monitor and all the bullshi% that goes with it. I have tried colour both ways. The easy way and the hard way, unless you are a pro selling huge commercial prints, SRGB is all anyone needs. The only people that could tell the difference are pixel detectives that troll photo forums looking for mistakes.
I challenge you to post a duplicate picture...one with SRGB and one with Adobe98 and see if anyone can tell the difference.

Easy there, kiddo. Sit down and take a breath before you run out of tough boy air.

The discussion was not about gamuts or who's a pro and who's not. The OP asked a question and you gave him a very generalized and a simply wrong solution disguised as a 'pro' advice.

In other words, both of your posts were bullcrap.
Quote from spankmeyer :Easy there, kiddo. Sit down and take a breath before you run out of tough boy air.

The discussion was not about gamuts or who's a pro and who's not. The OP asked a question and you gave him a very generalized and a simply wrong solution disguised as a 'pro' advice.

In other words, both of your posts were bullcrap.

You keep saying my responses are wrong with no evidence to prove it. I know you are a photographer and I also know there are 2 very different view points on colour spaces. You are obviously on the opposite side to me
This guy is on my side and he used to do it for a living.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG