The online racing simulator
i need a fx gti setup plase
(17 posts, started )
can someone do a good and fast setup for fx gti for a hard track. needs to be a mouse set up
Good and fast depends on a) what you call good and fast and b) on your driving style. What I like might not be what you like.

A hard track? Like the Nordschleife? That's quite hard. But I guess you mean Blackwood...

Try here: http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/
This has many a good setup in it, from WR holders. Some are not easy, some are positively evil, and others are wonders of car seterupness.
Quote from tristancliffe :Good and fast depends on a) what you call good and fast and b) on your driving style. What I like might not be what you like.

A hard track? Like the Nordschleife? That's quite hard. But I guess you mean Blackwood...

Try here: http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/
This has many a good setup in it, from WR holders. Some are not easy, some are positively evil, and others are wonders of car seterupness.

yeah i got one from there and i get some croners to spin when i dont want it to oh and blackwood tracks i use
Ahh, well that'll be your driving then If your spinning under braking, move the brake balance one or two clicks forward. If it's out of a corner lower the power side of the diff a bit (say 10%).

Keep practicing
its not me its the setup i use cause i dont spin no more on other setups lol
Well, it's your driving style that doesn't fit the setup, or the other way round, however you like to see it.

The FWD cars really need a oversteer tendency to go fast, but in return you have to compensate for the loose back with the throttle (which is quite easy, alteast if you have pedals). The setups on the setupfield are all very good, in the sense of they have the potential to be driven fast. That does not mean YOU will drive fast with them though. Some might not even fit you at all.

Whatever, in the long term it's quite benefical to learn what settings make a car behave over-/understeery, so you can still use some WR setup but trim it to your driving style.

(The EAS has shown, that a somewhat oversteery GTi setup is pretty much uncontrollable for a newbie. On the last day we used a more stable setup, the driving attempts were immediately far more successful)
lo i just need a half pro road setup for a on road track blackwood anyone got one mouse one has well i use mouse
#8 - Jakg
hmmmm, would bobs setups do the job? hopefully as they are generalised, they shouldnt be too hard to use
is his setups fast ?
What do you want? An easy one or a fast one?

Fast ones are on the inferno site - but you spin. So you want an easy one then, which won't be fast but you'll be able to drive it.

Decide. Either learn how to drive better with the harder setups or be happy being slow (for the time being).
how about a fast one but easy to drive cause i can dive a fx gti like a pro now without spin
The inferno ones are pretty easy if you're pro. If you want an easy one it WILL be slower...

What times are you getting?
with the hard track set up 1.33.oo
Then you need a fast setup not an easy one...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Using the throttle whilst braking can help too, but it's quite a difficult skill to learn initially.
what do you mean by that
Which bit? Using the throttle whilst braking or it being difficult?

I'm do both to be on the safe side (richy should see this - I end up talking through the simplest things with some people).

Throttle whilst braking - not sure of the exact physics reasons, but applying say 15% throttle whilst braking in the GTi when using oversteery setups can help - helped me find about 0.3 seconds during the demo days.

Difficult - it's not a 'normal' technique to actually keep pressing the throttle whilst braking (and demands left foot braking really), as well as blipping it for down changes, so it takes about a week of driving to get used to it.

Faster - you know you can type more than 5 words in a post. It wouldn't harm to elaborate a bit more when asking questions.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG