Youtube new layouts/features
(9 posts, started )
Did anyone else notice that?

I tried it on Internet Explorer, Firefox and a friend of mine tried on Maxthon, and on the other browsers the layout is the default... but on Opera is just like this one on attachments

I'm LOVING the new Youtube features.

Try it and see if your browser is updated too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU24McZVny4&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mJJSqEbrsc&fmt=22

I didn't test other videos yet, but tell me if you can see it too.. I like this so much.

Edit: tried some others now, seems that every video in high quality or HD has this feature in Opera, but Internet Explorer 7 doesn't show it even on HD quality videos.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9449/othervideoqq1.jpg
Edit2: LOL, not even Google Chrome, google's web browser has this feature.
Attached images
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
Maxthon.jpg
IE7.JPG
chrome.JPG
#2 - JeffR
That's really high quality video you have there. I like it, the place is beautiful and the video seems pretty calm
By the way, I tried it on IE7 as with many other HD videos, and none of them had a bigger screen but when tried it on Opera they worked.
I have the same problem on Chrome and Maxthon too, but didn't try on FireFox.
Did you do something special or it just self updated it?
I tried refreshing, writing the URL on the address bar, logging in, but the other browsers still displayed the old screen here.

It's a neat youtube feature anyway, isn't it?
It's a lot better to see videos now. They've been improving youtube for some time already, and IMO it's getting good...
Attached images
IE7_2.JPG
#4 - ssm
Yeah... it's really laggy (even in Chrome)... I need a faster internet..

:sadbanana
It works fine for me in Chrome and Safari.
Video screen aspect ratio was changed to 16:9 a while back already.

At least in Firefox, now you seem to get automatically the big screen if the video has high enough resolution (specifically?) and you choose "high quality" (&fmt=18, but not &fmt=16) or "HD" (&fmt=22).

I actually don't like this, fmt=18 codec is not enough and quality is scruffy with a bigger video screen, and personally I don't care about HD vids in youtube, having too slow interwebnet connection for HD streaming and I rather download HD videos as actual files and watch them in my favourite video player. So that leaves option for &fmt=16, which does not seem to automatically give this bigger screen, but it does not have stereo sound unlike &fmt=18.

I got confused with the browsers you mentioned... is this really dependant on that? I guess IE fails once again then.

-
#7 - ajp71
Works fine for me in Firefox, my laptop is too slow to actually allow playback of this video though
#8 - ssm
Hah! Hulu is faster-loading with better graphics...
Quote from deggis :Video screen aspect ratio was changed to 16:9 a while back already.

At least in Firefox, now you seem to get automatically the big screen if the video has high enough resolution (specifically?) and you choose "high quality" (&fmt=18, but not &fmt=16) or "HD" (&fmt=22).

I actually don't like this, fmt=18 codec is not enough and quality is scruffy with a bigger video screen, and personally I don't care about HD vids in youtube, having too slow interwebnet connection for HD streaming and I rather download HD videos as actual files and watch them in my favourite video player. So that leaves option for &fmt=16, which does not seem to automatically give this bigger screen, but it does not have stereo sound unlike &fmt=18.

I got confused with the browsers you mentioned... is this really dependant on that? I guess IE fails once again then.

Yes, indeed, but the video size wasn't that big before (800px+ horizontally).

Maxthon uses IE engine, and I couldn't manage to make any of them play this video with the bigger screen, although JeffR could do it (on IE7). But I don't think it's dependent on the browser, I just couldn't manage to play the video on this resolution on the other browsers.

And the videos I tried on Opera, only videos with enough quality for so had a bigger screen. On my video for example, when I tried putting &fmt=18 the screen got back to normal. (And I like it, because the video in fmt=18 already didn't have enough quality to playback at the normal size without squares).
But when I clicked "Watch in HD", the video size automatically increased and there was enough quality even for higher resolutions (like full screen).

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG