The online racing simulator
Patch Z5 Brake texture replacement (Updated)
With Z5 and the introduction of spinning brake disks. the skinner in me finaly saw a need to make textures for them.

I didn't do anything fancy for them, because there's no need, however these textures are at 512x512 and I did my best to make these rotor textures.

I made these FROM SCRATCH, I didn't use a real disk for anything. I just used what I know of what a used brake rotor looks like, and the hole pattern from the original texture for the drilled one.

EDIT: new, much better textures added, I don't know why the other ones looked good to me, but these are much better, and are what I had wanted in the first place. I got them to look good without looking like just a bunch of circles.

EDIT2: Alpha fixed, the photoshop DDS plugin seems to be picky, but I managed to get it to work now.
Attached images
New Disks.jpg
Attached files
DISCDRILLALP24.dds - 341.5 KB - 813 views
DISCSOLIDALP24.dds - 341.5 KB - 689 views
The holes look good, but the actual rotors look destroyed.
I wanted them to look used, and thats what used rotors usualy look like.

If you want to see destroyed, I could put hot spots on them.
No matter how used rotors may be, they are all worn out evenly like in the attached pic. But yours are worn out unevenly, which is impossible unless the disc was not flat, but in some wavy shape which allowed it to get more worn out in some areas than in other areas.
Attached images
juppy%20removing%20old%20brake%20disc.JPG
-
(DragonCommando) DELETED by DragonCommando
I have a new version of these, that are more even as per requested. But I can't convert them to DDS because the photoshop DDS plugin keeps artifacting the hell out of them. once I solve this, I will post them.

The new ones look much better, I feel kind of stupid for not making them this way in the first place.

For the originals, I used what I know from making stainless steel textures, so it wasn't going to look even any way.

EDIT: Scratch what I said, I figured out how to stop the artifacting, new disks submitted

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG