The online racing simulator
Urghhh, massive os problems
(5 posts, started )
Well basicly, I may have accidently turned my computer off via the plug...while it was installing sp3...I then used the XP disc in a feeble attempt to recover it using the repair, which failed, it then got stuck in a horrible loop of "System is not setup up completely, restarting", it would then restart and come up with it again

I can at least boot and such at the moment as I installed xp onto the d;// aswell as c:// drive so i could boot, is there any simple way I could get my c:// windows fixed without having to backup/ format/reinstall drivers and such?

Cheers, Jim.
#2 - dadge
since you now have a clean install of xp (d drive) why not copy over your needed files from your C and then reformat that. no need for another install.
Quote from dadge :since you now have a clean install of xp (d drive) why not copy over your needed files from your C and then reformat that. no need for another install.

Well, I dont realy like the idea of using D:// for windows, plus there isnt enough space on that drive to back it all up, and the other thing is installing drivers, and sorting out programs which open what and such, this seems to cause problems with some programs which are allready installed, all though it isnt much work and im just been lazy I suppose
#4 - dadge
indeeed. with a modern machine, you should have xp with drivers installed in about 30 mins.
#5 - amp88
Using D drive for Windows is slightly more secure than using C. A lot of the tools used by script kiddies (and programmed by people who know SFA) require a Windows installation to be found on C. If they can't find it on C they don't do any damage.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG