The online racing simulator
ABS working light
(28 posts, started )
ABS working light
just like the blue of TC, could we have a light while the ABS is working?
There is a light while the ABS is turned on. You haven't noticed it?
Also, ABS is a setup option, so it doesn't matter, you can't turn it on incar... or can you?
Quote from Racer556 :Also, ABS is a setup option, so it doesn't matter, you can't turn it on incar... or can you?

Nope, doesn't look like you can. You can't disable ABS in most vehicles anyway. Not without removing fuses and the like.
Quote from wheel4hummer :There is a light while the ABS is turned on. You haven't noticed it?

I only notice it in F9 screen (when it lights up the tyres orange), is it indicated anywhere else? Sorry for being dumb here.
They are indicated on the same light as the rev warner light. it should be flshing quickly.
Are they? I hadn't noticed that. Wow that's nice. Does it work in the virtual gauges to?
I only noticed rev limit/abs flash while left foot braking on the limiter, just assumed it was from abs creating enough drag in rear wheels to lower revs making rev limiter light pulse in time with abs application.
theres also a light for flashing the headlights
Quote from wheel4hummer :Nope, doesn't look like you can. You can't disable ABS in most vehicles anyway. Not without removing fuses and the like.

Actually You can, for example Audi 80 B4 had button for switching ABS off .
Quote from scania :just like the blue of TC, could we have a light while the ABS is working?

There is one, it is the left hand side red light inside the rev counter. It is the same red light that is always on at the beginning of a race before you move, i think it also means handbrake (e brake) is on when you are parked.
Attached images
light.jpg
There is a light as the others said, its the Handbrake Warning Light also,

If you want to test this ( I THINK this works) just make a set up called ABS and put the brake strength up to the highest possible and when u stamp on the brakes it should come on.
#13 - Riel
Am I missing something?
What car has ABS?
It's in the new test patch Z5 now. See the test patch forums.
Patch TEST Forum
Quote from tisy0 :There is a light as the others said, its the Handbrake Warning Light also,

If you want to test this ( I THINK this works) just make a set up called ABS and put the brake strength up to the highest possible and when u stamp on the brakes it should come on.

it does! I find setting it to about 75% strength (depending which car) you get a nice little strobe light effect when you slam the brakes on
Quote from JasonJ :It's in the new test patch Z5 now. See the test patch forums.
Patch TEST Forum

How can patch Z5 be online compatible when it has added ABS for some cars?
because there are no checks for abs on any server options yet so it doesnt matter.
Is ABS an advantage while driving online?
Depends, Lateralus. If you can drive well before, then probably it will only slow you down and intrude. If you're the kind of person who cannot drive well, then it may help you.
Quote from Lateralus :Is ABS an advantage while driving online?

It is for me, mainly due to my rubbish reactions whereby i see the corner, think, brake soon, soon, soon, oh sh!, too late! big lockup, slide off the track, sink into the gravel, get stuck deep in it, Race over. Or, meet a fence/armco, car flies into the air and is broken, race over.
big + for me aswell online, because im a mouse driver
If it is possible to gain an advantage from ABS, it needs to be fixed. Z5 should become the official patch so everyone's running the same cars.
Pandora's box at Christmas.

If you want ABS, you gotta download the patch that's all. It might not get fixed right now since Xmas is at our feet. To fix this, an official patch would need to be released and the another dedi would have to be made incompatible to force everyone onto it, (to give everyone an equal chance to select it). That means a lot of things to do in the last days before the holidays, plus to add to the problem, some issues exist with the test patch for some PC configs. Older graphics cards have some problems which Scawen was still working out still so an official release right now is highly unlikely from what I've seen. If you are already a really good driver, ABS wont help you much anyway. Later on when the next official version is released, ABS will be optional so it's the same thing as it is now.

Just that now you have to download it manually, then select the option, later on you can just click the option. If someone is beating you now because of ABS, the same will apply after an official patch unless you want ABS, in which case you need to download the patch.

Unless its added as a server option later on and then it can be disabled for all, but it looks like the ABS will still be user choice from this point.

It's a bit of a balls-up at the moment, but it could have been much worse. It's not that huge a problem.
Poor Scawen Hope he has a nice break.

edit: Hmm I just tried to join a Z2 server with Z5 patch and I'm denied. So maybe this can be controlled from master server, meaning a new dedi release isn't necessary, who knows :0
I never noticed the ABS light.. I guess that is because I don't use the ABS much less TCC .

JasonJ and I did some braking runs to see how well the system worked. Well, a lot of the time I could stop quicker than the the ABS system even when we were using the same setup. Sure I messed up a bit and the ABS system did its job for the other guy. I still like doing it without ABS knowing that I can stop faster than the guy with ABS if needed.
Watching the replays shows that we were both hitting the brakes within a meter of each other so don't complain.

ABS working light
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG