(15536 posts, closed, started )
Here is mine

BmW PoWeR
Attached images
Foto(013).jpg
Foto(014).jpg
Foto(012).jpg
Nice BMW their

Jeeves, what cars does Tristans family own now?
Quote from Jeeves :Tristan's family own nothing new, but were thinking of swapping the Stratos & Money for an F40, or perhaps getting a Diablo. However, the purchase of Reyands, planes, Ginettas and motorhomes has currently put that idea on hold. Besides, Tristan wants the Stratos for his inheritance

Heres my little run around...

Well, I can't find my camera, but here is the gist of it:
This car is the reason I play LFS- to try and fool myself into thinking, even for a moment, that I drive a nippy little sports car like an MX-5, rather than the veritable tank(but I am aware of worse tanks) that sits in my garage. Not that I don't like driving it, I just want a sports car, or a little hatch/wagon(RX-8, Mazda6/Mazda3)

I've got a 1991, 80 Series Toyota Landcruiser, 4.2L NA Diesel, manual transmission(I despise automatics with a passion btw) producing a ground shattering 98Kw and a frightening 285nM of torque. It's also fire-engine red(because it was a fire engine for a while). Stop laughing. It's suprisingly agile and easy to drive for a 2.5 tonne lump of steel, and very easy on fuel.
This truck does not do the "soccer mum(or mom for you septics...)" routine, this one goes off road whenever a chance presents itself. It's been to Fraser Island(world's biggest sand island) 4 times, to the top of Cape York(the northern most point on the mainland) and about half way to the other side of the contient and back, and is still doing rather well for itself. My only gripe with it at the moment is that it starts to shake at about 100Km/h, which isn't much fun, but I tend to drive a little slowly to save a bit of fuel. It's probably going to get sold in few years. From there, who knows?

Peter
Well, you own a really good car mate. Reliable and miles-eating. From here I'd guess that the shaking comes from not straight running wheels., propably the rear ones. You ckecked them?
Quote from Daedelus :Well, I can't find my camera, but here is the gist of it:
This car is the reason I play LFS- to try and fool myself into thinking, even for a moment, that I drive a nippy little sports car like an MX-5, rather than the veritable tank(but I am aware of worse tanks) that sits in my garage. Not that I don't like driving it, I just want a sports car, or a little hatch/wagon(RX-8, Mazda6/Mazda3)

I've got a 1991, 80 Series Toyota Landcruiser, 4.2L NA Diesel, manual transmission(I despise automatics with a passion btw) producing a ground shattering 98Kw and a frightening 285nM of torque. It's also fire-engine red(because it was a fire engine for a while). Stop laughing. It's suprisingly agile and easy to drive for a 2.5 tonne lump of steel, and very easy on fuel.
This truck does not do the "soccer mum(or mom for you septics...)" routine, this one goes off road whenever a chance presents itself. It's been to Fraser Island(world's biggest sand island) 4 times, to the top of Cape York(the northern most point on the mainland) and about half way to the other side of the contient and back, and is still doing rather well for itself. My only gripe with it at the moment is that it starts to shake at about 100Km/h, which isn't much fun, but I tend to drive a little slowly to save a bit of fuel. It's probably going to get sold in few years. From there, who knows?

Peter

Our Landcruiser had a similar shaking problem at about the same speed, and you had to drive the car rather than just go all the time which was tiring.

It was a combination of 3 things:

1. The Bull-Bars were causing aerodynamic eddy currents, and applying a sideways force to the car causing it to move around. We took the Bull Bars off (not many Bulls round my way), and it was better.

2. Running on off road ish tyres (not full off road, but no full road either) mean the tyre walls were flexing quite a lot, and actually dynamically altering the tyre contact patch geometry, causing weird behaviour.

3. A knackered wheel bearing, and easy to fix at home if you have (iirc) a 36mm socket. Surprisingly, the knackered wheel bearing was the least effective cure, which just shows how tank-like they are...

Hope it helps.
Tristan:
I suspect that the shockies are a problem too, as I havn't changed them since I got the thing, but yeah, you have some valid points there, I shall investiagate them.

I was looking through the auto section of the newspaper today, and I'm liking the idea of a Mazda MX-6, they seem to be fairly cheap, they look nice, and I might be able to find one with a stock exhaust(people around here have a tendancy to fit large cannons to their exhausts). Anyone had experience with this car?

Peter
Update - got some more info about the Reynard.

It is in fact ex-Rickard Rydell (not Lehto as I thought).

Toyota 2 litre engine, probably 3S-GE but heavily reworked by TOMS. TOMS is a leading aftermarket tuner for Toyota

Slide throttle, 14:1 compression ratio, adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars
Like all F3 cars it is running a 24mm restrictor, so is developing around 160-180bhp, although remove the restrictor, remap etc and get more. This design of chassis and engine won the 1988 F3 championship. Full carbon tub, probably weighs 450kg

It's got a set of slicks and a set of wets plus some extra gears.
Attached images
2.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
f3_1.jpg
toms engine.jpg
I envy you
Quote from Daedelus :I was looking through the auto section of the newspaper today, and I'm liking the idea of a Mazda MX-6, they seem to be fairly cheap, they look nice, and I might be able to find one with a stock exhaust(people around here have a tendancy to fit large cannons to their exhausts). Anyone had experience with this car?

My mate had one for a few years and they're pretty good. They share the same platform as the Probe which is reputed to be quite a decent chassis. The V6 produces a lovely sound but the performance doesn't completely live up to it, unfortunately. It was OK, but the acceleration didn't really thrill me when I was a passenger in it.

Being a Mazda, the engine at least is built to survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon, and being based on a Ford I would imagine parts are easy to come by and fairly cheap. My mate's was well over 100,000 miles and it seemed to run as sweet as new.

He only got rid of it to save a bit of cash for the birth of his first child.
I wish North America would get more Euro models of cars... the styling in and out is just superior to the versions that get manufactured here.

Personally, I don't own, since insurance is prohibitively expensive for a young single male (last quote, $4000 CAD/annum), so I simply rent when I need to get out of town. I usually spend the occasional weekend with the following:

2002 Pontiac Grand AM V6
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/PontiacGrandAm/photos.htm

Edit: The car shown is a 2dr, I normally request the 4dr model so my buddies aren't climbing over the seats :P
this is my (summer car)

1968 Buick Elektra 225

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... 0/Citywidemicke/Buick.jpg

But the Fuel prie is so F***ing high
11.00 SEK = 1.37985 USD
11.00 SEK = 1.16703 EUR
11.00 SEK = 0.786147 GBP
11.00 SEK = 39.8293 RUB

/
litre

And that car need 2 litre a distance of 10 kilometres
Quote from Citywidemicke :11.00 SEK = 0.786147 GBP
/
litre

we pay at least 85p a litre here, count yourself lucky! its just come down from 95p a litre.

nice car though
Quote from Citywidemicke :this is my (summer car)

1968 Buick Elektra 225

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... 0/Citywidemicke/Buick.jpg

But the Fuel prie is so F***ing high
11.00 SEK = 1.37985 USD
11.00 SEK = 1.16703 EUR
11.00 SEK = 0.786147 GBP
11.00 SEK = 39.8293 RUB

/
litre

And that car need 2 litre a distance of 10 kilometres

Does that beast have a 455 ??? I had a old buick it had a 455,loved the way that thing ran...Was a 2 door centurion..
It's about $AUD1.30 per litre here, which translates to 0.557114 GBP . We do ok here.
well here's my X car..
my parents put it on sale cause i tuned the shit out of it and i went to the races every night.
im thinking about going to the shop and buying it, then they cant do anything about it anymore

http://ramtech.free.fr/fete/philiOUF-r5-gtturbo.jpg
Here is my car, nothing special.
I have visited few times on track, last summer with new cam and Megasquirt installed which was quite improvement.
Biggest annoyances are that seat has not proper support, steering is around 4 turns lock to lock and my head is against roof when I put racing helmet on.

It has now 130hp, was 100hp when stock, weight distribution is close to 50/50, weight is around 1090kg, of course rwd, not so bad on track, but those few annoyances are killing part from fun, also 50hp more would not hurt.

Megasquirt installation I have done completely from scratch by myself, actually after company that did install cam managed to make oil leaks, I decided to all work by myself, learning a lot
Petrol was €1.20 per litre in Ireland a month ago now it's back to €1.01
Would still like it cheaper though
Quote from nikimere :Petrol was €1.20 per litre in Ireland a month ago now it's back to €1.01
Would still like it cheaper though

Well, around €1.20 here, my car won't run with cheaper low octane 95, it needs that 98 octane stuff. I use to call 95 octane gasoline to part cleaning water
Here is my everyday beater I got after some knob in a Durango totaled my Mk1 GTI. 1993 subaru legacy. Having some fun in Canada last year
Attached images
suby.jpg
a pic of my car.... and the writing on the back of it
Attached images
car3.JPG
lol, never heard of a multi colored car before
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG