The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Agniz :ff

i know i am such a badman. although have you tried stretching winter tyres? it's impossible the sidewall is so hard to stretch...normal road tyres, 20mm stretch is naff all, on winters it's mental. took the garage nearly 2 hours to fit the 4 tyres. LOL ultimate scene points trokooololololololomiofnmggnrj
Quote from danthebangerboy :I must admit, i thought it seemed a bit odd, but according to the beemer people...

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/ ... -side-15-20mm-ish-t40773/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/ ... rear-drivers-side-t49169/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/ ... wer-off-side-rear-t72902/

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=915828

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8312

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com ... ower-on-the-driver-s-side

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com ... -is-uneven-in-ride-height

Mad, so much for BMWs being the perfect drivers car. If the imbalance is due to the car being designed for left hook and not amended for driving on the correct side of the car then BMW are spastics. But if it is the case, so be it. Sounds very wrong to me though and I really doubt it is true. More likely a convenient excuse for a larger problem.

finally...
A device so a hooker can give 5 men blowjobs at the same time?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A device so a hooker can give 5 men blowjobs at the same time?

yeah...even has a bypass for the loads...pretty cool stuff
Looooooooollll so she can swallow 5 loads at once.
I didn't know chevy made a 5 cylinder engine until I looked it up and every result was about how stupid GM is for making an inline 5. Are they really inherently unbalanced?
Quote from flymike91 :I didn't know chevy made a 5 cylinder engine until I looked it up and every result was about how stupid GM is for making an inline 5. Are they really inherently unbalanced?

The bias on the internet is pretty amazing, lol. They're a great engine. Albeit the first generation of the I5 had valve seat issues which GM acknowledged and extended the warranty for...but beyond that I know a couple people that have over 200k miles on them w/ zero issues.

The second generation resolved the valve seat issue and improved the engine in many other ways...

As far as it being unbalanced...the thing has 2 massive balance shafts and idles smooth as silk...the I6 version was place on Ward's 10 Best Engines for ~5 years in a row...lol...
Obviously it's nearly impossible to diagnose over the internet, but I thought that Dans ride height issue could be down to the rear subframe mounting points failing, which we all know is a very common (I myself have repaired 4!) problem on the E46.

I assume you checked this when changing the springs Dan?
i never seen rear subframe bushings go on a e46,but the rear trailing arm bushing or the left rear subframe ripping out of body. the last one is bmw recall along with the auto trans for the early e46,which noone knows

1 more funny thing,now the taillights are recall after 12 years coz they burn the wires all the time. why now recall it?
I never said bushes? I was talking about where the subframe seperates from the rear of the car.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I never said bushes? I was talking about where the subframe seperates from the rear of the car.

i guess i read mountings as bushings
Coilovers for me

shameless cut/paste from ukmkivs

Okay so today was the day...been very excited!!

My mate Jason kindly offered to fit my JOM coilies. So we got cracking, with a 10am start.

Getting the car on the ramp

Wheels off ready to work

Here's what we went to put on

While Jason got started on getting the old struts out.. (if at first you don't succeed hit it with a hammer..[whistle]

I started to prepare the coilovers for years of happy motoring by applying far too much FK coilover protection spray, then adding much more copper grease than strictly necessary, with yet more coilover spray and then MORE grease.

I also took the time to sort out the front struts to prevent any knocking issues in the future.

One of the old front struts came out just as I got a busy with the threadlock

Removing the springs to get the topmounts

While both bearings etc were fine, one came off without an issue, the second one, the bearing split. Very tedius work putting it all back together, only 2 little balls down, greased up and put back together

It should be noted when fitting that you need to grind/drill this section back in order for the bolt to be able to pass through. What I suggest after seeing this done is to put it in and use a titanium drill bit and get it down that way - it's better to do it that way than to take too much off. After we had done one with the drill we did the second one on the bench as we knew how far back to go.

And putting back in place

Now onto the back:

This all was really easy all things considered

all gone []

And finally done

On Tuesday the car is going back to get the ABS sensor thing fixed, my buddy will also do my alignment for me in his lunchbreak.

initial impressions are that - it handles much better and the ride is actually very good, much better than the FKs in my friends Corsa and about the same as my friends Weitecs in his Mk4.

I have the adjusters all the way down in the front, it's not much lower than my Eibach set up to be honest [] at the back it's not even half way down so lots more lows available there. But hoping the front will go down a bit further.. but even so there's far less body roll [] If it doesn't go lower might talk to DPM because otherwise something would be wrong..

On my list now are to replace both top mounts/bearings (both are fine at the moment but as a matter of principle) - something I just didn't have enough money to do now, and also I need new droplinks both sides, as the rubber around the balljoints has gone which while isn't a big deal is now an MOT failure thanks to the new rules. It can wait though no great rush as my MOT is August [whistle]

Pic I got about 20 minutes after they got fitted

[au]
i love how those amazing new coilovers arent even actual coilovers
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Works, can't see shit but nice 360.

Also, send some snow, kthxbai.

yeah,there you go and iphone quality !! my lg takes better videos lol
that link doesn't work for me!

Quote from Shotglass :i love how those amazing new coilovers arent even actual coilovers

quite the dark cloud aren't you. fronts are coilovers, on the rear the suspension design doesn't allow for true "coilovers" being german you should k
now that.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :that link doesn't work for me!

quite the dark cloud aren't you. fronts are coilovers, on the rear the suspension design doesn't allow for true "coilovers" being german you should k
now that.

if it doesnt allow for true coilovers, why do you change them...

it is no different than what it was before....

It's lower (and adjustable height) and also much much less body roll, far nicer handling and the ride is hardly any different.

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG