The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
nice
Quote from logitekg25 :nice

Not sure you can use that word in describing a Honda CRV, but at least its a car, and at least its a manual. And it does everything that I need it to.
nonsense....thats my dream car
Quote from 5tag :The orange was a little mistake, wanted to try something new. I will spray them black again but right now it's a damn bad weather to spray paint.

Lower it and put ATS Classics on and it will look teh shit nice ride man, nice to see a Santana given the right sorta treatment they are rare in the UK for sure
Quote from logitekg25 :nonsense....thats my dream car

Really? I guess I shouldnt be too negative, its a car that I got for no money out of pocket, and from a practicality standpoint as well as a cost stand point, its a great car. With the 5 speed, it has just enough power (I've driven a the automatic version from when it had a smaller engine, and that thing was beyond underpowered, so I couldnt recommend the manual more) to do what you want, but fully loaded, you have to work the hell out of it (and I do mean fully loaded; 800-1000 pounds worth of fire wood in the cabin/with a log splitter being towed behind). The only problem is that I'd like to be able to at least try some motorsportsy type things, and thats a bit hard with a CRV (I'm still hoping to try rallycross lol). I guess my realistic dream car right now would be something like a 2000-2008 Subaru Legacy wagon, an Impreza 2.5i wagon/Impreza Outback, or even a Forester, but from a cost stand point, I doubt any of those are very realistic, and for a few thousand more I could get a lightly used 09 Impreza hatch or even a new one.
I hate you americans I bought a beated up Golf MK II (1990) in 2006 for 2700 euros! and with that money god knows what i could buy in the US
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hate you americans I bought a beated up Golf MK II (1990) in 2006 for 2700 euros! and with that money god knows what i could buy in the US

Holy crap thats expensive - i'd always thought cars etc would be a little cheaper in countries with a lower GDP.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hate you americans I bought a beated up Golf MK II (1990) in 2006 for 2700 euros! and with that money god knows what i could buy in the US

Well in the UK you can buy the same car for 50£ but insuring it will cost you £3000 so it works out no different. Just like if you bought a car in Norway, the road tax is like 300000000000000000000000 pounds but the car is normal ish price.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well in the UK you can buy the same car for 50£ but insuring it will cost you £3000 so it works out no different. Just like if you bought a car in Norway, the road tax is like 300000000000000000000000 pounds but the car is normal ish price.

Jesus... yea, we don't have those crazy insurance policies, i pay like 250-300 euros a year for registration and insurance and that's it..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Jesus... yea, we don't have those crazy insurance policies, i pay like 250-300 euros a year for registration and insurance and that's it..

You feel lucky now huh?
I guess but nothing beats americans luck, when it comes to cars, electrics and pretty much everything (gas, etc.. ) How much do you americans pay for all the one year's car 'maintanence'? (insurance and registration)

Yeah, over here, that money would go a good bit farther (for aprox. the same cost you could fairly easily get a 2000 or 2001 Golf if you were patient and and looked around). The only problem is that a huge portion of our second hand market stuff is cars that were junk when they were new (that being said, our new car selection isnt great).
Quote from Boris Lozac :I guess but nothing beats americans luck, when it comes to cars, electrics and pretty much everything (gas, etc.. ) How much do you americans pay for all the one year's car 'maintanence'? (insurance and registration)

A good bit less. I'll put it this way, I'm 16 and if I was insured on something like a Corvette ZR1, my annual insurance costs would still probably be cheaper than the quarterly fees a 60 year old doctor would pay in the UK on a 1980 VW Rabbit Diesel.
Quote from speed1 :A good bit less. I'll put it this way, I'm 16 and if I was insured on something like a Corvette ZR1, my annual insurance costs would still probably be cheaper than the quarterly fees a 60 year old doctor would pay in the UK on a 1980 VW Rabbit Diesel.

I got so angry that the blood vessel in my trousers exploded... bye bye phallus.
Quote from speed1 :A good bit less. I'll put it this way, I'm 16 and if I was insured on something like a Corvette ZR1, my annual insurance costs would still probably be cheaper than the quarterly fees a 60 year old doctor would pay in the UK on a 1980 VW Rabbit Diesel.

No offence, but can you put some numbers up please?

I know people who've got insurance for £0.93 in the UK, in fact I know one person who got insurance for -£1.45 or something

Rough baseline - my 55 year old father pays ~£300pa for the insurance on his 1.something Kia Cee'd Disel Estate with no claims and my Mum on there as well. My Mum pays the same on her 55 plate Fiesta Diesel with about 2 cars written off in the last 6 years (:schwitz
My dad was paying 80£ a year in his Audi 80 TDi for years. He has never had a crash to his name.
Quote from Jakg :Holy crap thats expensive - i'd always thought cars etc would be a little cheaper in countries with a lower GDP.

Actually cars in Portugal are much more expensive than in the UK for some reason :/
I laugh loudly (cruelly) at you Europeans (mostly British) with your cars - sitting around under tonnes of snow, rusting away outside in the rain (because there's just no room for a garage), compulsory MOT (right?), huge insurance costs, crowded roads, speed humps and cameras everywhere...

For comparison, I pay $200 a year to insure my '95 306 (which I imagine is taxed as 'dangerous and unreliable' in your country) against fire and theft and I don't ever have to get it inspected unless I let the rego lapse for more than 3 months. I also get to live in a scrubby temperate area (paradise) with 4 garages to choose from, no traffic, speed humps, cameras or even police within cooee, and the weather is usually around 25 degrees in summer with the occasional day around 40 where we all melt. I can leave the keys in the car overnight and it will still be there in the morning.

From here I can see the local small mountain (with a sealed road all the way to the top) and the calm blue water of the bay. I can hear sound the cicadas in the trees and people at the (sandy, clean) beach, which is about 200m from my chair.

Quote from clippit :I laugh loudly (cruelly) at you Europeans (mostly British) with your cars - sitting around under tonnes of snow, rusting away outside in the rain (because there's just no room for a garage), compulsory MOT (right?), huge insurance costs, crowded roads, speed humps and cameras everywhere...

For comparison, I pay $200 a year to insure my '95 306 (which I imagine is taxed as 'dangerous and unreliable' in your country) against fire and theft and I don't ever have to get it inspected unless I let the rego lapse for more than 3 months. I also get to live in a scrubby temperate area (paradise) with 4 garages to choose from, no traffic, speed humps, cameras or even police within cooee, and the weather is usually around 25 degrees in summer with the occasional day around 40 where we all melt. I can leave the keys in the car overnight and it will still be there in the morning.

From here I can see the local small mountain (with a sealed road all the way to the top) and the calm blue water of the bay. I can hear sound the cicadas in the trees and people at the (sandy, clean) beach, which is about 200m from my chair.

****in aye'

Australia is awesome.
Tits n burnouts, aussie pride
My little winter rat Few friends and me had fun drifting it.. Pic in the dark is from yesterday, while i was trying to find a good parking slot. But the problem was i couldn´t go off the street because the snow lays too high there..
Attached images
09012010260.jpg
09012010261.jpg
09012010262.jpg
09012010263.jpg
09012010264.jpg
10012010268.jpg
Quote from Klutch :****in aye'

Australia is awesome.
Tits n burnouts, aussie pride

Hahahaha
Quote from clippit :*Silly LOOK AT ME post*

I suppose it's what your used to.

Yes, the prices for Young drivers here are very expensive. Once you hit your twenties however, then the prices are very cheap. It's not like it means we cant have a fun time driving. For example, you cant deny the fact that us Europeans get the best selection of cars out of the entire world. Same thing goes for some driving roads too.

I personally love the roads in and out of my town, Redditch. If i fancy some twisty, fast roads, then i head towards the Bromsgrove Highway and the Cloverleaf. If i fancy some country roads, then i simply head towards Studley and Coventry. All of these places are no more than 10 minutes away from my house. And as for driving near the coast, then i go to Cornwall, which has some of the best roads in the UK.

I love England.
Quote from BastianB :My little winter rat Few friends and me had fun drifting it.. Pic in the dark is from yesterday, while i was trying to find a good parking slot. But the problem was i couldn´t go off the street because the snow lays too high there..

hehe that car needs to be cleaned with all the snow near the wheels xD
Quote from Timo1992 :hehe that car needs to be cleaned with all the snow near the wheels xD

Think so?

My car looks like that as well. It's so built up that you can't turn the wheel the entire rotation. Problem is, you can't kick the stuff off and at 9 F, taking it to spray it off at the carwash isn't an option unless you want everything else to be frozen up on the way back.

As for the yet again comparison of car prices of the US vs. the UK, please note what the average wages are in comparison as well.

That CRV books for $8400. That's not exactly cheap for an almost 10 yr old car little SUV wantabe.

Boris, your 1990 Golf would be about $1300 value now 4 years after you bought yours. Comparitively, a 4 year newer VW today would be valued at $2360, close enough to what you state. The issue with this is, either of these cars would more than likely have 200k miles on them, thus would be a pile of rust or close to it where I'm at.

Life expectancy over 150k miles is pretty slim.

And Speed1 is talking out of his arse if he thinks insurance on a Corvette ZR-1 would be reasonable for a 16 year old. It would probably be nearly half of what any normal 16 year old would make at his job for a year.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG