The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Its in a sorry state right now, im fixing it now so should be done in a month.
I just bought a set of 15" 5 spokes, with 4 good tyres, for £40!

Im off to collect them now, pics to follow later on!

EDIT: All fitted now, in the rain, it looks so much better i think.
Attached images
rims.jpg
epic tread.jpg
lookin good.jpg
no centercaps? this looks meh at most
For £40 you'd be lucky to get 4 part worn tires never mind alloys as well, regardless of the state they are in.

Good find!
i get my tyres and wheels for free, bonkers
The centre caps were bashed and broken to the point that they wouldnt even stay on the wheels so i binned em. I'll just get some more from a breakers yard or somewhere i guess.
vacation over NYE. just thought it was cute.
Attached images
23.JPG
19.JPG
It was a bit bloody chilly this morning, as i found whilst standing outside my car at 7am because all the doors were frozen shut and i couldnt get in it, AGAIN!

My little roadster also likes to idle on 3 cylinders for some stupid reason when its fairly cold, it usually has to be -3 or below before it does it, but only on idle, rev it, goes up onto 4, drop it back to tickover, on 4, engine bogs, nearly cuts out, picks up, on 3 again, plus it makes a strange whirring squeaky hummy kind of sound too if you rev it while its cold.

It clears once the engine is up to temp tho so not so bad, just annoying, and a little concerning, as apparently these mazda/eunos engines suffer from crank problems, so i hope it isnt that, although i would thing i would have some serious knocking if that was the case.
What year car is it? IIRC only the early 90's cars had crankproblems. Shouldn't cause any knocking though. Check plugs and wires and replace if necessary. Stock miata plugwires are shit.
Quote from Osco :What year car is it? IIRC only the early 90's cars had crankproblems. Shouldn't cause any knocking though. Check plugs and wires and replace if necessary. Stock miata plugwires are shit.

She (i decided she is female ) is a crystal white japanese imported 1992 S model, with the higher output 120bhp 1.6 engine (most british ones are 89hp) plus i get power steering, momo steering wheel, air con, and (did have) super light BBS wheels.

The oil hadn't been changed for about 18 months when i got it so it has had a full service about 2 months ago and is now lubed with the finest castrol GTX magnatec, so oil is all OK, plus i flushed the (brown) water system fully and replaced the coolant with the luminous pink anti freeze, plus i gave her new spark plugs while i was at it.

Here is what it does in the cold, i apologise in advance for saying c--t when it cut out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPaWsqc5Ws
Ibiza 1.6 8v Turbo
Quote from danthebangerboy :She (i decided she is female ) is a crystal white japanese imported 1992 S model, with the higher output 120bhp 1.6 engine (most british ones are 89hp) plus i get power steering, momo steering wheel, air con, and (did have) super light BBS wheels.

The oil hadn't been changed for about 18 months when i got it so it has had a full service about 2 months ago and is now lubed with the finest castrol GTX magnatec, so oil is all OK, plus i flushed the (brown) water system fully and replaced the coolant with the luminous pink anti freeze, plus i gave her new spark plugs while i was at it.

Here is what it does in the cold, i apologise in advance for saying c--t when it cut out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPaWsqc5Ws

you should be fine, crank-wise then. The 89-93 1.6 had a power output of 116hp. Later on, the 1.6 made 90hp, but this was from 96 and up. The 1.8 starting in 94 produced 131hp until the Mk2 came out in 98 or 99.

This is how it should sound btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYMilonN01Y
check for air leaks
btw u use cheap ass fuel?
The squeaking noise is a little concerning, but i don't think it's anything internal. Sounds to me like it's either the Auxiliary belt squeaking, or an actual Auxiliary part squeaking due to the cold, like the Alternator for example.

Theres multiple things that could be causing the car to misfire due to the cold, but it's very hard to diagnose a car over a Forum! If i had to take a guess though, i think it would be something to do with the HT Leads and/or the Distributor Cap.
Ford Fiesta 1.1 !

Beast ;D
Attached images
PIC_0001.JPG
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :The squeaking noise is a little concerning, but i don't think it's anything internal. Sounds to me like it's either the Auxiliary belt squeaking, or an actual Auxiliary part squeaking due to the cold, like the Alternator for example.

Theres multiple things that could be causing the car to misfire due to the cold, but it's very hard to diagnose a car over a Forum! If i had to take a guess though, i think it would be something to do with the HT Leads and/or the Distributor Cap.

miatas don't have distributors

Senn: that does sound nice indeed
Quote from Osco :miatas don't have distributors

Senn: that does sound nice indeed

Is that just Miatas or MX-5's as well?

Car has new wheel nuts (shiny shiny)

And a K&N panel filter.

In my defence it was cheap, although as expected its made no difference.

Also got a Sealey camber thing so will be seeing if I can fix my car tomorrow, if so then all I will need is a new set of tyres then everything is finally done...
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG