The online racing simulator

Poll : Should i get these parts?

Yes!
No!
Comp. for rendering and playing LFS.
I know there are 4 other threads about "iz thiz computer good???!!++!!11" but this is a brand new thing i put together myself :P

Well, anywhoo.. Im working alot in 3Ds max 9 and Sony Vegas, so i was wondering if this computer would be any good at rendering scenes and such. But not just rendering, as i still wanna play LFS on it :P

About the GFX-cards, i choose two GTX280 because i have two pretty big monitors, and i also know that the motherboard dont support SLI. But that aint why i choose two GFX-cards

Two CPU's... well... just because i can :P No, im just kidding, but money aint the prob right now, the prob is to know what i need to make things run fluidly.. (yes i mean fluid as in fluid animations too)

The SSD i choose just to see how good they are, if its fast and stable i´ll use it for Win Vista 64-bit.

Oh well, Just watch the attachment and judge urselfs.. at the bottom is the price converted to $ and € for those who dont use SEK

thnx all
Edit: added the pict in PNG cause the BMP screwed up my comp :/
Attached images
computer.bmp
computer.PNG
You'll need a much better PSU than that - 650W just isn't gonna cut it for 2 quads and 2 GTX280s. I'd be looking more like double that (or even higher). Other than that, it should totally tear through 3DS Max and LFS on a GTX280 is a dream. Also, you'll need FB-DIMM RAM instead of unbuffered.

EDIT - realised the mobo will only take 667MHz RAM - duh The FB-DIMM thing still applies though!
That sure look like a cool system but aint it a bit too over-the-top? I mean, you could get something more normal and it that would handle most games and stuff for 2-3 years... This system will be good for like 4-5 years but if you're like me, you will upgrade in 2-3 years anyway so why not get a system that's ok to handle today's stuff and wait until a quadcore is really needed to run games and all?

Just my 0.02$

Also, good (or fast or whatever...) ram is 1066MHz and up, that motherboard does not support that kind of ram...

Edit: John UK beat me.
Quote from Riders Motion :That sure look like a cool system but aint it a bit too over-the-top? I mean, you could get something more normal and it that would handle most games and stuff for 2-3 years... This system will be good for like 4-5 years but if you're like me, you will upgrade in 2-3 years anyway so why not get a system that's ok to handle today's stuff and wait until a quadcore is really needed to run games and all?

Just my 0.02$

Also, good (or fast or whatever...) ram is 1066MHz and up, that motherboard does not support that kind of ram...

You obviously didn't read the Op properly - he's going to be doing a lot of rendering, which is primarily CPU based (and scales VERY well to multiple threads). So I'd say an octo-core machine wasn't over the top of he is doing that as the primary use for the machine
one thing to be careful of is cooling, im not sure if the resorator will be up to it
Quote from JohnUK89 :You'll need a much better PSU than that - 650W just isn't gonna cut it for 2 quads and 2 GTX280s. I'd be looking more like double that (or even higher). Other than that, it should totally tear through 3DS Max and LFS on a GTX280 is a dream. Also, you'll need FB-DIMM RAM instead of unbuffered.

EDIT - realised the mobo will only take 667MHz RAM - duh The FB-DIMM thing still applies though!

FB-DIMM, is that like those ECC crap? :P will have a look at it btw

Quote from Riders Motion :That sure look like a cool system but aint it a bit too over-the-top? I mean, you could get something more normal and it that would handle most games and stuff for 2-3 years... This system will be good for like 4-5 years but if you're like me, you will upgrade in 2-3 years anyway so why not get a system that's ok to handle today's stuff and wait until a quadcore is really needed to run games and all?

Just my 0.02$

Well, the thing is i want to be able to render on one machine instead of two as i do now, + the ones i have now suck :P

Quote from JohnUK89 :You obviously didn't read the Op properly - he's going to be doing a lot of rendering, which is primarily CPU based (and scales VERY well to multiple threads). So I'd say an octo-core machine wasn't over the top of he is doing that as the primary use for the machine

Sure, 8 cores might be a little over anyway, i mean, i dont do renders in 145345x.. whatever, u get what i mean :P but i kind of want the stuff to happend fast, and reliable. tho im not sure why i got a server chassie, mobo and proc :P just a fun thing i guess.. oh yeah... dual proc's thats why.. didnt find anything else where i could put in 2 procs

Quote from james12s :one thing to be careful of is cooling, im not sure if the resorator will be up to it

Yeah, i just put that there so everyone could see that i was going for water and not air or something exotic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG