The online racing simulator
Is the ps3 any good?
(76 posts, started )
Is the ps3 any good?
Hi there guys,

For xmas this year i decided on a 80gb sony playstation 3. I would like to know what you guys think of this great console and if it lives up to the standards of the ps2.
I also purchased colin mcrae dirt to use with the logitech g25. Does anyone know if the gears are manual with clutch?

Any help would be appriciated.

CheeRS

Apollo1600
Yes, it's a good console, however IMO, the xbox360 is a better gaming system
Wanna play some Forz..... oh wait.
dont. The ps4 is coming out soon I cant say when
Quote from R34king :dont. The ps4 is coming out soon I cant say when

How is it coming out soon? so Late 2010-2011 is soon?

The PS3 is good for racing game fans. There is SuperCar Challenge and GT5 coming soon. Oh, and the Online is FREE.
Even though I only have the Wii (which is great for what it does) I too prefer the PS3, which a friend of mine has, ove rthe Xbox360. Not having to pay to play online is great, also most important titles are published for both versions, and I like the PS3 exclusive franchises more than the Xbox360. The only point speaking for the Xbox is that you can get it here at about half the price of a PS3.
i game on my pc mainly but i nabbed a ps3 for the exclusives and an awesome media center/blu ray and DVD player plus its fantasticly quiet to boot as well.

and the system looks prettier as well
Quote from Gunsmith :

and the system looks prettier as well

what the..? no it doesnt 360 is much nicer
Quote from danowat :Yes, it's a good console, however IMO, the xbox360 is a better gaming system

'chea.

Btw DiRT is probbably the worst rally game I've EVER played.
#10 - Migz
Quote from R34king :dont. The ps4 is coming out soon I cant say when

No, You Lie. Go away and be quiet.

Sony has promised not to start devoloping the PS4 Until at least 10 years after the PS3 Was released.
So thatd be around 2016/7 ish.

Oh and on topic.
The PS3 is much better imo.
Free to play online, nice and quiet, and plays Blu-rays.
I could say alot more, but im too tired to.
Quote from Migz :
Free to play online,

its free to play right now it might become pay to play sometime. but i prefer the 360 it never lags online or anything. just make sure you buy a inter cooler to keep it cool
never ever touch a 360, even if they are dirt cheap, they have more problems than is worth bothering with, the ps3 is quieter, more reliable, has a blue ray player, has better graphics (supposedly), and you dont even have to fork out for batteries on the pad

i was conned into buying a 360, the promise of hd gaming at almost half the price of a ps3, however, since the day i bought it, it scratched my games, it was so noisy i had to turn the volume up on my tv, eventually it wouldnt read any of my games, even the ones in pristine condition
(which was most of them), after it was replaced with a brand new syste, it only took 4 months to rrod. I then bought my ps3 and never looked back

ps3 for me definatly
Quote from kirmy : yadda yadda ya.

Even for me being a PS3 fanboy, that was kinda harsh to Xbox players.

Here is my opinion: Yes, the Ps3 is good. Short, simple and sweet.
#15 - AMB
No.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Even for me being a PS3 fanboy, that was kinda harsh to Xbox players.

Here is my opinion: Yes, the Ps3 is good. Short, simple and sweet.

ye it just got annoying how it broke every couple of months, i cant see how the xbox is better than the ps3
Quote from kirmy :ye it just got annoying how it broke every couple of months, i cant see how the xbox is better than the ps3

I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's just a better gaming system.
Actually the only reason i'd buy a 360 is to play Forza 2
Why not a PC ports :'( :'(
FailBox is a more gaming-orientated system IMO, whereas the PS3 is marketed as more of an "entertainment" system. Of course, they are at least equal in terms of games, with the PS3 being slightly better performance-wise. Plus wi-fi, wireless controller, 1080p, blu-ray and 40-80GB HDD (I don't consider the 20GB to be a serious attempt :razz, all as standard. AND, support for all PS1/PS2 legacy games. On top of all that, it's a Sony, which is infitely more reliable than Microsoft. I still have the original PlayStation1 (the HUGE grey box), still works perfectly

PS3 looks far prettier, both as a machine (neither of 'em look fantastic, but the PS3 does look much more modern, plus it matches my PC case perfectly), and as a system. The FailBox is harder to navigate IMO, with it's fidgety tab yokes. PS3 on the other hand, has 6 or 7 clearly labeled icons that you can scroll between, each bringing up an equally well-labeled menu. The online system is free, and is just as lag-free as the xbox system, and has the same "friends" feature.

I've owned both, but only have the PS3 now, got rid of the FailBox. PS3 is just better
Quote from dougie-lampkin :FailBox is a more gaming-orientated system IMO, whereas the PS3 is marketed as more of an "entertainment" system. Of course, they are at least equal in terms of games, with the PS3 being slightly better performance-wise. Plus wi-fi, wireless controller, 1080p, blu-ray and 40-80GB HDD (I don't consider the 20GB to be a serious attempt :razz, all as standard. AND, support for all PS1/PS2 legacy games. On top of all that, it's a Sony, which is infitely more reliable than Microsoft. I still have the original PlayStation1 (the HUGE grey box), still works perfectly

PS3 looks far prettier, both as a machine (neither of 'em look fantastic, but the PS3 does look much more modern, plus it matches my PC case perfectly), and as a system. The FailBox is harder to navigate IMO, with it's fidgety tab yokes. PS3 on the other hand, has 6 or 7 clearly labeled icons that you can scroll between, each bringing up an equally well-labeled menu. The online system is free, and is just as lag-free as the xbox system, and has the same "friends" feature.

I've owned both, but only have the PS3 now, got rid of the FailBox. PS3 is just better

Pretty much sums it up for me. I don't own either yet, but know several people who do. I'll be buying myself a PS3 with my next paycheque... and an HDTV.
From a purely practical and economical standpoint, the ps3 would probably be the wiser choice as it can play Blu-Ray DVD's, saving you the cost of having to buy a seperate player should you wish to play Blu-Ray DVD's. However, you'll only really benefit from that if you've got a HD TV.

As for the gaming experience and interface, it's all just personal opinion IMO. There's tons of people out there who have had horrible experiences with either one of those consoles, and for every one of them there's probably hundreds of people who've never had a single issue with either of those consoles.
Yes it's awesome, plays all the games the 360 has, PLUS you get the unique exclusive titles that you won't find anywhere else, like Little Big Planet, MGS4, Wipeout HD, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Uncharted 1 and 2 and many more...
Not sure how can someone say the 360 is a better gaming machine honestly, the PS3 plays all of them (minus Fable and Gears 2), everything else you can have on PC and PS3... plus the online play is free, there are awesome PSN games (downloadable ones) that you won't see on 360 because it has a limit on how big the download titles can be.. etc, etc.. People just hate it cause it's more expensive... not thinking for a second that that other console is TOO cheap, and with a reason...
I played Little Big Planet at my mates house.

It was both VERY FUNNY and HUGELY IRRITATING at the same time, the 2P thing was fun though

Tbh, Army Of Two is good co-op fun, and GT5 is good (as far as GT games go), and the only game I really want on PS3 is GT5, I see no rush to buy one.
i might need to get me a ps3 :/
The "exclusive ps3 games" argument is not valid IMO, as there are games that come out exclusively on the Xbox 360 as well. Now that I think on it, I wonder when the extra GTA 4 content will come out

Also, what are these "awesome psn games", pray? Are they full fledged games of several gigabytes, or rather smaller "arcade" games that you can play with other people online? Because the Xbox360 has those as well I also don't know what the size limitation for the Xbox360 is, but I reckon it's big enough as I've downloaded game demo's that were 1 to 2 GB

People don't hate the ps3 because it's more expensive. I don't think many people hate the ps3 at all. It's not a childish matter of hating one or the other, just a matter of which one you prefer and for what reasons. Some people prefer ps3, others xbox360, surely you can get your head around something as simple as that?

Is the ps3 any good?
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG