The online racing simulator
Are these specs adequate to run lfs well??
I am having issues with FPS, and general slowness when loading up LFS I dont really play anything other than LFS so i have nothing to compare it to in terms of capability if you know what i mean.

These are my specs, courtesy of pc wizard 2008. Additional notes my me!

Mainboard : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL SiS651
Chipset : SiS 651
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2533 MHz (Actually running at 3106 MHz) God Bless Overclocking!
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2x512MB DDR) Which Is Motherboard Maximum.
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series (512MB AGP)
Hard Disk : ST380022A (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-116D (IDE)
DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-116D (IDE)
Monitor Type : NEC CI A727 - 16 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
DirectX : Version 9.0c (November 2006)

I know that this setup isn't exactly going to set the world alight with immense power but im sure i have seen people running P2's with better gameplay than me!

Any help would be much appreciated and i thank you all in advance.
Sounds good enough to play at constant 60+fps. At what resolution are you playing, and level of details/textures/etc.?
Quote from de Souza :Sounds good enough to play at constant 60+fps. At what resolution are you playing, and level of details/textures/etc.?

Thanks for your fast reply! I am running at a 16 bit 1024x768 res, with aa and af turned off in lfs settings. I have set them in the ATI control centre, as i hear using the control panel settings of the card instead of the in game settings is better.

I have aa set at 4x, adaptive aa set to performance setting, af set to 4x, catalyst ai set to advanced, and minimap detail set to performace setting.
Hm I don't know what modern graphic cards look like (still using a Radeon 9600 Pro), but I'd say setting the AA/AF in the driver to "application controled" and using the ingame settings instead is the best option. I know doing your way used to screw things in Richard Burns Rally for me. Also switch to 32bit, there isn't any difference in performance as far as I know.

Other than that I don't really see a problem, you should be getting much better frames/second.

Edit: I take it you tried without anti-aliasing already?
Quote from danthebangerboy :I am having issues with FPS, and general slowness when loading up LFS I dont really play anything other than LFS so i have nothing to compare it to in terms of capability if you know what i mean.

Have you installed custom DDS textures (track, skies, cars, barriers, tires)?

With my non competition-spec laptop (Intel Dual-Core, GeForce Go 7300 @ 128MB and Dx10), I used to have like 55FPs in 1280x(can't remember but it was a 16:9). I swicthed to 1024x768 to get better fps (around 70), but I realized a few weeks from now that my FPS was aorund 35 in every track (with the same settings, i forgot to add that I had 2x aa and af).
However, my unmodded install of LFS-V1 could run wihtout problem at 60fps in 1280.

I DLed a fresh install of LFS, and it now works brilliantly as before.

I think it was mainly because of custom textures. Each do not make your FPS drop significantly, but if you DL too many, then you expose yourself to bad performance

Try a fresh install of LFS to see how it works Otherwise, try to clean your skin_x (downloaded skin when joining a server) folder from time to time.
Your CPU will hold you back the most, especially with large grids, but it will still run LFS very well.
Well, i have been and emptied the skins_x folder, plus i turned all aa/af off in the gfx card menu. I have set all other settings to high performance or off.
I went to blackwood in single player mode, and sat on the startline,here's what the fps is doing.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/531691/SV_A0002.mp4

In game settings for LFS are in the following picture.

I will go way over my download limit if i re-download it again so i cant really do that at the moment.
Any more ideas??

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG