The online racing simulator
!i! Help Wanted !i!
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Soper
!i! Help Wanted !i!
Hey folks,
I've got a problem. Was skinning a FXO and working in the CMX Viewer. Everything was displayed fine, quality was good. After finishing the skin, I just wanted to start my usual test-drive in it. But I recognized this:

On the left you can see the hard pixelled ingame-close-shot and on the right how it should look like, as it does in viewer. It's the same skin just copied from Viewer to game directory. I really do not know where it loses it's quality.
As I recognized later all skins lost their sharpness and quality ingame. From one day to another...

Can anyone help me?

Fox
#2 - Soper
Please, anyone? I've tried everything...
#3 - SamH
Not sure if this is the answer, but it's worth a try.

In LFS Options, choose Graphics > Half Texture Size. Set this to "no".

It's the only thing I can think of which could cause this.
Those artifacts are most likely caused by the DXTC compression, which only permit two "true" shades on one block of pixels... There propably isn't much you can do, except make the whole texture larger (ie. double the size) which would make the blocks smaller.
#5 - Smax
Dunno.

Is the rendering engine for the CMX viewer the same as the one for the game? If not then perhaps you've just discovered a glitch in the model. I've never seen another skin with a pencil thin line at that point to be able to decide if it's a problem with the game or your installation.

Try posting the skin up [or a plain version with just the linework] Then I could screenshot it on my machine and see what happens.
no; LFS compresses the skins, while the cmx viewer doesnt; HOWEVER! i have noticed, this is ONLY true for 1024x1024 skins, when i did a 2048x2048, i noticed no compression on it
#7 - Soper
erm it worked perfectly all the time. Skins wer as nice in game as in Viewer - I had no problems. This error is actual since a few days. And I've really tried all ingame settings and outgame card settings...

My skins still work for others, but not for me
nope; its always been like this, you probably never noticed though; keep in mind that jpegs HATE the color red, it turns to crap when jpeg compressed (which kinda sucks cause red is my favorite color), and i have to keep that in mind while doing renders .. but ya, its normal for red to get like that.. you never really notice it ingame.. then again i never notice the skin im using ingame.. kinda stopped using skins lol
#9 - Soper
Erm...I've done a lot of skins and some red ones and NONE has such problems. Oh and those problems are not just with this skin, all skins in my game now have such problems...
im sure they have always been the same.. you just never noticed it; because so far i havent come across one option that will change hte compression LFS does to the skins
nope sorry Nuse, my Screens @ MS show my skins very sharp, but now they are screwed...
...... strange

make any changes to any options since then?
no idea, tried everything, but it's not only at my skins. So graphic program's fault can't be
have you downloaded a patch for your graphics card recently?

dunno, but from what your showing me ingame, i have always gotten that from when i first placed S2 till now so..
i have the same problem now, and it wasn't like that for some months

!i! Help Wanted !i!
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG