The online racing simulator
Small Lan
(10 posts, started )
Small Lan
Hi to all

I would like organize a small family LAN with directed television of the race to send on television, it is possible with LFS? Someone can help me with technical advice?

Thank you very much
Quote from PeterPolipo :Hi to all

I would like organize a small family LAN with directed television of the race to send on television, it is possible with LFS? Someone can help me with technical advice?

Thank you very much

what do you plan concretly?

did I understand it right: you wanna do a LAN... one computer to play another to cast onto your TV? Or do you want to make a LAN (a small one) with several computers and then one of them casting to a TV?
Hi TFalke55

Thank for you interest on my question.

My exactly plan is to organize a christmas event in my family, and my idea is two or more computer ( with monitor, wheel pedal etc.) for two or more Human driver in LFS and another computer for watching the race on a television set.

This is my goal, but i don't know what i make to do this.

I hope to have been clear.

Thank you very much
#4 - troy
that should be pretty easy to do, just use one pc to host you a server on the LAN, then take the other two and join that server. On your tv pc you let tv director run and voila.
How to...
I did the exact same thing with some friends a few weeks ago

Setting up the Host PC (TV PC):
1. Open Live For Speed.
2. Go into Multiplayer > Start New Host and choose track if asked.
3. Copy what I have in the picture below (the blue'd-out bits are your choice):

4. Start the host.
5. The Host PC (TV PC) is now ready for the other PC's to connect to.

Connecting the other PC's to the Host PC (TV PC):
1. On the Host PC (TV PC) click on the Start button > Accessories > Command Prompt; type "ipconfig", press enter, write down your "IPv4 Address" (e.g. 192.168.1.12 or 10.1.1.14). You will need this address to connect the other pc's to the TV PC.
2. Start up Live For Speed on the PC's you want to connect to the TV PC (Host); go into "Multiplayer > Join Specific Host", select "local network", put the Host PC's IPv4 address (e.g. 192.168.1.12 or 10.1.1.14) in the "Host IP address" section, put "63392" in the "Host port".
3. Join!

Enjoy!
Thank you Troy, and Special Thank you Jamesisinthehouse12

You information is very important for me, and now is clear what i do to reach my goal.

Tv director is necessary or not ?

bye
#7 - GabbO
Not really, you can also use the standard TV cam, but the director has way more impressive cameras.

Just try it out and see the difference. È molto facile!
Quote from PeterPolipo :Thank you Troy, and Special Thank you Jamesisinthehouse12

You information is very important for me, and now is clear what i do to reach my goal.

Tv director is necessary or not ?

bye

If you want to enjoy the coverage on the TV, then you should use the TV director...

you can have something like this (commentary is not included)
http://blip.tv/file/1473437
Why so difficult?? Just hook up all your PC's to the internet and play online?? (if everyone has a S2-license that is of course :-) )
Whats the point of wasting all that money for the sake of a few races against your own family?

Small Lan
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG