The online racing simulator
Round 5 Pre-Race Discussion
Greetings all:

Not starting this to confuse you, but starting this to alert (and save Victor's SQL database :-p )

Depending on when the new patch comes out and what it contains, the 5th Round of the MiniFBM series may be postoponed to give entrants time to come to grips with any changes made.

Also, if there is nothing significant that would cause a delay, could we possibly bump the start time up a couple hours to 17:30 from 19:30 GMT ? I have a production scehduled that starts at 1500 my time (2000 GMT) on that day. If we can move it back a couple hours, that would be perfect.

d
Attached files
SO5_MiniFBM.lyt - 1.4 KB - 282 views
I am alright with anything you want Deko As long as you dont put the race at 2am EST :P
That is great news
If its postponed I might miss the last round.
Lets stick with the normal date then, so Mista can race.
Quote from racer hero :Lets stick with the normal date then, so Mista can race.

If we keep it the same date, then it'll have to be started a couple hours earlier otherwise I cannot make it.

d
Fine with me.
Surprised you guys are willing to not postpone it simply because I can't make it :P.

Tbh, if theres any chances to the FBM's handling I think postponing it would be best...
#9 - J@tko
To (vaugely :P) quote scawen:

There are no other significant changes to this patch apart from the addition of the Scirocco. The wheels for the FBM are new.

This means that there will be a minor handling difference for the car. TBH with the low power this car has anyway, I really doubt it will be an issue as none of you are really n00bs.
bah. But I am an FBM noob.
I will be doomed if the new wheels change the handling noticeably.
Won't make it if it's earlier than that.
Jack I doupt it changes the handling AT ALL. I think it's just something Eric's been working on and not Scawen... I doupt it'll affect the handling... I think by wheels he meant the rims and I never knew rims gave you +20hp...
Quote from evilpimp :Jack I doupt it changes the handling AT ALL. I think it's just something Eric's been working on and not Scawen... I doupt it'll affect the handling... I think by wheels he meant the rims and I never knew rims gave you +20hp...

Yah agreed

I thought it meant the wheels as in the inside bits, which for a fact I know change handling (albeit slightly :P) And anyway as it's a compatible patch it wont change handling anyway
Quote from evilpimp :I think by wheels he meant the rims

No, by wheels he meant the wheels. Nub.
Stupid idea, but why dont you stat on the old patch for that race, (Obviously try the new one too ofcourse) but have the server runnning on the old patch ?
Quote from pacesetter :Stupid idea, but why dont you stat on the old patch for that race, (Obviously try the new one too ofcourse) but have the server runnning on the old patch ?

Because there's no difference

BTW the Practice Server for this race is: FRO|FormulaRacing|CART
Because of a real-life conflict I have, the race will be started a couple hours earlier, as mentioned previously.

The start time for Round 5 is 17:15 GMT.

Please find the layout for SO5 attached to the OP. It adds a chicane at the final corner.

d
Has anyone done any practice? What times do you think were aiming for?
I set a 1:33:95 yesterday...=fail
Quote from racer hero :Has anyone done any practice? What times do you think were aiming for?

no idea

i did a 1:32.8x so far but my gear ratio is totally crap

the new corner is very hard lol, too tight
Yep, that was supost to be a passing zone, but the exit is way too tight for it to possibly fit 2 cars.
Quote from racer hero :Yep, that was supost to be a passing zone, but the exit is way too tight for it to possibly fit 2 cars.

I'll work on it some tonight, see what I can do about it.

Anyone who can be in the CART server in a few hours from now would be appreciated.

d
Ive actually got the track loaded on Aj Roselli's server. I am online on it now. Come join Password is MFBMRD5
Quote from racer hero :Ive actually got the track loaded on Aj Roselli's server. I am online on it now. Come join Password is MFBMRD5

I can't now. Got dinner and errands coming up.

d
Alright, well, I will be around till 9pm EST so come whenever

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG