The online racing simulator
VWS Skins
(623 posts, started )
Quote from niels1 :As it seems you edit someone skin, hope you asked permission for it.
Now when you skin use viewer to see if anydecals looks good or are highres enough. I see decals which arent high res.

Try to improve every time you skin, read tutorials etctera. And finnaly when you do podt think of it at first. Is this the skin I would like to see public and used by i dont know how many? This skin will not be used very often due to misplaced decals and low res decals. I am not saying you wont put any effort in it but I think you can do better then this.

i did not modify anybodys skin and i made one decent skin (once) and it is my own personal XRT skin (it is alrite in my opinion) is it bad for my 3rd real attempt at a skin?
don't know how toput this but yea. it seems that you rush thrugh it when you create it. start out simple with some two tone skins. and pus some stickers on it but not to much. then go on to some mor advanced stuff. And then you might hit the jackpot. but by the looks of that skin, you got a long way to go.
i know i got a long way to go, but what exactly is bad with it? i realised the color is not a good one after i already did a few things (and did not want to go back) but everything else seems not too bad to me if you want to stay on-topic pm me
pretty much it lacks knowledge. you just need to learn with whatever program you use to edit stuff with. and try and make the stuff yourself it will look much better. you should try and find some high-res decals and go from there.
darn google images failing me
Quote from logitekg25 :darn google images failing me

heres some you shouod try to fix. try to make all the decals and colours fit the car shape, also theres those 2 logos on the rear http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=89655&d=1249251823 they have a white background, thw white background needs to be erased. then the flames kinda fail, lack of quality. on the roof you have that alienware logo, itrs got a black background. try to make the black to fit on the bodypart its on, when its like that it looks slightly stupid but when you make the whole body part black or take the black off it will look good. then the carbon fiber fails, try master skinnerz for a decal. then erase the hood thingy, then replace it with something else thank engine. also the lack of quality on almoust everything, then i also suggest putting the shadows on the skin. theres some turotials in skin help/tool/templates section
there, those are the things id fix in it
Quote from batteryy :heres some you shouod try to fix. try to make all the decals and colours fit the car shape, also theres those 2 logos on the rear http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=89655&d=1249251823 they have a white background, thw white background needs to be erased. then the flames kinda fail, lack of quality. on the roof you have that alienware logo, itrs got a black background. try to make the black to fit on the bodypart its on, when its like that it looks slightly stupid but when you make the whole body part black or take the black off it will look good. then the carbon fiber fails, try master skinnerz for a decal. then erase the hood thingy, then replace it with something else thank engine. also the lack of quality on almoust everything, then i also suggest putting the shadows on the skin. theres some turotials in skin help/tool/templates section
there, those are the things id fix in it

ok...i will keep that in mind. fusion (or whatever his name is ) sent me a pm, and is tutoring me i have already learned SOO much!
It's Falcon.
Quote from Falcon140 :It's Falcon.

sorry but thanks

EDIT: i got my first skin done with the good techniques/advice, and this is the result.i kinda dont like it, but it is an improvement (the side vinyl was hard )
Attached images
VWS_first ever good skin.jpg
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry but thanks

EDIT: i got my first skin done with the good techniques/advice, and this is the result.i kinda dont like it, but it is an improvement (the side vinyl was hard )

its alot better, but still something i would chance on quality
that blue line on the roof/hood, theres 3 lines. the fat line has groovy edges, it could be that they are ment to be like tha but i think not. also the cf texture, try this one http://www.lfs-gear.com/texturez.html
take the compensated or super size cf texture
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry but thanks

The carbon looks realy fugly
how should i start out to be a good. (p.s. sorry for hi-jacking the thread)
Change the carbon texture, and where you put decals; other than that, a good improvement. Carbon isn't bad, you just have it WAY too big.
i just googled carbon fiber, and one of the first results was a texture ...what about the decals? (i need an idea/insperation for a new skin)
Master Skinnerz is your friend, make that your god.

http://www.lfs-gear.com/TUTORIALS/TuT_CF.html

And where you placed your decals, they are warped by the cars shape, or unreadable. The logitech one can't be read, neither can the one on the front.
i noticed that, but i figured that was just because i did no know the curves of the car so another lesson is you need to know the shape, and how every body panel bends. i think another one of my problems is that i think of every panel individually, not the whole car as one.
use the cmx viewer as you are making your skin.

As your skin progresses save it as a jpg and load it into cmx viewer (click the reload button in viewer every time you re save it), that way you can see how things line up, check for stretching or spot any other errors before its too late. Also leave the wireframe layer on top when you save so it shows on the car in viewer and then you can see what part of the car the wire frame is lined up to.

Just remember to save a psd of it when you've finished skinning so you can go back and edit it
i never thought of it like that but i like the surprise of how it looks when it is done can you guys look at my new thread so we are not off topic in this thread clickety
Quote from logitekg25 :i did not modify anybodys skin and i made one decent skin (once) and it is my own personal XRT skin (it is alrite in my opinion) is it bad for my 3rd real attempt at a skin?

Quote from nwug :pleas dont ever edit a car skin again

Oke my fault, nwug said to you , Stop editing skins. I took that the wrong way. So my fault, I apologize for that.

But at least you took the advice serious enough. I never said your skins are bad but I said they could be better when you use the proper (highres) decals and stuff. Skinnng isnt gonna learned in a day. Its a slow process but a fun process.
i diddnt take offense to anything anybody said...except what nwug said a little , but sometimes the low res logos/decals are the only ones i can find
brandsoftheworld.com
:jawdrop: that is completely perfect!
Quote from logitekg25 :I think another one of my problems is that i think of every panel individually, not the whole car as one.

Intelligent thought right there.

You better design the skin from a screenshot, paint over it or overlay it if you have photoshop, decide on the flow THAN work in the actual template.
i have gimp, and dont feel like getting attached to photoshop with a trial, to then end and force me to pirate

can somebody give me a car to try to copy in a skin? i will then post it in the apropriate finished skins section.

VWS Skins
(623 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG