The online racing simulator
Masters of Endurance: 24 Hours of Aston GP Skinning Contests!
Masters of Endurance Presents:

The MoE admins are pleased to announce two skinning contests in the leadup to the 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix race, scheduled for January 24th, 2009.

Contest #1: First of all, we would like to welcome the members of the LFS community to create a skin for the MoE VW Scirocco safety car (template/CMX available here) for this event. The only requirement is that the skin utilize the Masters of Endurance logo. All community members are welcome to submit an entry. The entries will be judged by the MoE admins, and a winner will be chosen. This winning skin will be featured on the 24 Hour race broadcast and on the forum.

Contest #2: On the other end of the skinning spectrum, the MoE 24 Hour race has always been a showcase for stunning team skins. Last year's race saw the introduction of F1RST Racing's famous "Spiderman" skin and CoRe's tiger-centric redesign, among many others. For this season's 24 Hours of Aston Grand Prix, the MoE admins would like to invite all MoE teams to create a special one-time skin for the event. Teams are welcome to employ the help of freelance skinners. As always, the skins must include both the league logo (attached) and race logo (available soon), as well as the MoE sun strip and appropriate number plates. Beyond these requirements, the only limit is your imagination! These skins will then be rendered and put on display, and all LFS Forum members will be able to vote on their favorite. The winner will be featured on the 24 Hour race broadcast and on the forum.

The deadline for submission of entries for both contests will be Wednesday the 21st of January, 2009. Please submit all entries via email to applications _at_ mastersofendurance.eu AND deadwolfbones _at_ gmail.com.

Best of luck to all entrants!

-Masters of Endurance Admin Team

*** Any skin submitted to either contest may be used freely by the MoE Admin Team for broadcast, website, or other display purposes. The admins will not substantively edit a submitted skin, and it remains the property of the creator. By submitting your skin you agree to these terms. ***

Round 4: 24 Hours of Aston GP logopack
Attached files
MoELogo.rar - 239.9 KB - 220 views
#2 - Fuse5
This sounds great!

Time to get skinning.
Hi there !

I juste have a quick question... You said that the only requirement for the MoE Safety Car was to use the MoE logo. Which logo do you mean? Is it the league logo, or the race logo? Or both, since the 2nd skinning competition requires both

Thanks for the answer
Good luck for organizing the race
MoE Logo = league logo. The race logo is only required for the team skins, though if you can work it into the safety car skin once it has been released, that would be great as well.
#5 - Fuse5
When submiting an entry, can there also be renders added to the skin, for an even better preview?
Sure, but you should assume that we'll be looking at them at the very least in the CMX viewer. Renders are nice, but they don't reflect what the skin actually looks like in-game.
#7 - Fuse5
In that case, as skins don't actually also look their best in CMX, I'll add ingame screenshots instead
Cars with racing livery belong to the track.

And I have a devious idea about the screenshots... nehehee.
How about Scirocco being the safety-car?
Yes, I think we will do that.

If you've already started work on the FZ50, sorry about that, but this is too good/new to pass up.
wow.

I also won't be letting this pass. I'll scrap the fz5 :P
Quote from DeadWolfBones :MoE Logo = league logo. The race logo is only required for the team skins, though if you can work it into the safety car skin once it has been released, that would be great as well.

I'll do two versions. The annual 24 hour event needs its own safety car, but a second non-race specific skin would be nice for other MOE league events. When can we expect to see the event logo?

[EDIT], Oh yes, after I'm finished the skins am I free to release the skin(s) in my MSz garage? Do I have to wait until after the event? Am I not allowed to at all?
As soon as possible. Our graphics guy has a very busy life at the moment, but he's promised to be on it soon.
Justin is busy with IRL responsibilities, so no firm date can be given for the release of the official 24h logo.
but not busy enough, so he still found time to post in the Scirocco thread. Hah.

Just kidding. He is a great artist, and I admire his logotypes. I can wait.

Although the scirocco is going to be fun/challenging to skin
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yes, I think we will do that.

If you've already started work on the FZ50, sorry about that, but this is too good/new to pass up.

Damn it, I was nailin a pretty neat skin for the FZ50 Safety car

I'll work on the Scirocco instead then ^^ I just need to find a good wireframe template.
Why not do both as the SC ? You could have them both lead the whole field, or do a split start: The FZ50 paces GT1, the Scirocco paces GT2, and you stagger each class's start by about 30s or so. Kinda like they do at the 24h Daytona.

Just an idea.

I can't wait for the 24h logo, so I can make the animations for the 24h 'cast !

d
Maybe it would be good idea to state that by submitting a design the designer is (at the very least) agreeing to allow the MoE series the right to use it in these events.

Would have thought you guys would have picked up that message after the stupidity that went on where you guys were forced to seek out a new logo because the previous owner was no longer part of the organisation.
Common sense would tell most people to try and ensure they dont get burnt twice
Quote from PaulC2K :Maybe it would be good idea to state that by submitting a design the designer is (at the very least) agreeing to allow the MoE series the right to use it in these events.

Would have thought you guys would have picked up that message after the stupidity that went on where you guys were forced to seek out a new logo because the previous owner was no longer part of the organisation.
Common sense would tell most people to try and ensure they dont get burnt twice

Obvious (aka common sense) the first part would be part of the communication with the potential winner, but thanks for pointing that out here as well.
yeah, but it makes more sense insisting that submitting the design means your giving that permission, that way you know the one you like best can be used, you dont then have to go contacting them asking is it okay to use it. I cant see any reason someone would submit a design and then say no, but its commonplace on such things for the permission to be implied upon submitting an entry so you know its no an issue.
I see your point. For clarity reasons it will be added to the OP.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
*** Any skin submitted to either contest may be used freely by the MoE Admin Team for broadcast, website, or other display purposes. The admins will not substantively edit a submitted skin, and it remains the property of the creator. By submitting your skin you agree to these terms. ***

So does this mean creators are free to publicly release upon completion of the skin or contest (as this quote says that "it remains the property of the creator").

I'd just like to know so I don't go posting finished competition skins when you don't want them publicly distributed.
Well obviously you can release previews of it.

Just don't release the skinfile. Or when you have/want to, just watermark it thoroughly
Once the race is over, the creator can do whatever s/he wants with the skin. Public release is fine.

But please wait until after the race.
Deal.

Hopefully I'll get enough time to skin something...
Sounds like a good idea

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG