Vic @ scene.org
(16 posts, started )
Vic @ scene.org
Hi
Is that tracked music?
Try Modplug Tracker

edit:
i dont know why the fancy X, modplug opens *.XM
i just tried it, open with all files and select those files.
Hope i helped
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi
Is that tracked music?
Try Modplug Tracker

Beat me to it.

.xm is a tracker file.

ModPlug or Buzz. Actually, dunno if Buzz opens .xm...
I did try a tracker, but the closest match to the file type was .xm, and that didn't work. Guess I'll try again
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I did try a tracker, but the closest match to the file type was .xm, and that didn't work. Guess I'll try again

Hey im listening one of those tunes in the site you posted. Modplug opens it fine i think
Must have been a different tracker that I tried. Thanks a lot

edit: too long since I last "browsed" pubs.. *evil grin*
I used tracked music some years ago to do drums in my blackmetal demo Nowadays vst plugins are so much better and easy to use. Cya
Buzz keeled over and died, didn't bother to update it from 1.04. ModPlug Player works fine
.xm is fast tracker iirc which plays perfectly in winamp as long as you change viccs silly x's to proper x's... or alternatively assign winamp to the fileextension
They're all Poly Tracker (.ptm) files actually. I noticed it when I was about to batch rename the lot to .xm from command line. Once I realised what the extension was, it was easy as pie
Attached images
filext.PNG
#12 - Jakg
XMPlay?
Quote :XMPlay is an audio player, supporting the OGG / MP3 / MP2 / MP1 / WMA / WAV / CDA / MO3 / IT / XM / S3M / MTM / MOD / UMX audio formats

I don't see PTM Besides, ModPlug solved my problem ages ago
XMPlay, i use it to play almost everything.
Almost. XMPlay was the first app I tried, and it still doesn't support the PTM files
Quote from NotAnIllusion :They're all Poly Tracker (.ptm) files actually. I noticed it when I was about to batch rename the lot to .xm from command line. Once I realised what the extension was, it was easy as pie

ah so thats the symbol vicc talked about when i asked him if the \times symbol is some kind of scene coolness thing like lower case i's... turns out it is but its not supposed to be an x
either way winamp supports both fasttracker and polytracker modules and theres nothing apparently wrong with the way it plays them... not sure if the polytracker ones are interpolated perfectly though.. fasttracker ones are

Vic @ scene.org
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG