The online racing simulator
Lowering cam position in cockpit
(14 posts, started )
Hi,

Is there a quick and easy way to adjust the vertical offset of the camera in cockpit view? I've been driving the FOX recenty and I feel like the camera is a tad bit high. I'd like to lower it a bit.

thanks,
eddie
hit V, go to options - view, and change the X,Y, & Z values, there is also rotation and whatnot, and make sure you set it to show the cockpit and not onlty the wheels
Also remember to put speedo dash to "real" instead of "virtual".

You can make one custom view for every car separately.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Hmm, I'll have to try this in the FOX. I know in the MRT (yea, I still like to run it now and then) I have to change my FOV back to 80-90 because I can't see anything in the dash or even most of the front wheels.
Quote from XCNuse :hit V, go to options - view, and change the X,Y, & Z values, there is also rotation and whatnot, and make sure you set it to show the cockpit and not onlty the wheels

hmm, when I go to options - view while in cockpit view I don't see where I can adjust the X,Y,Z values of the cam position. I see something about mirror offset but that does not seem to do anything. I also see options for pitch angle (and some other angle) but nothing explicitly about the x,y,z position.

Any other advice? Sorry for the noob questions.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
oh ok, so the key is to be in a custom view. Thanks!
It's not the key because in custom view you cannot take away wheel and hands, there is problem with no G forces etc.
Why driver seat isnt adjustable in default driver view like in any real car?!
Suggested many times before I think..
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
^ wrong wrong wrong; yes you can yes you can.... yes you can.

actually im not certain about the wheels thing, i think your right on that but.. ya, 1 of the 2 external cameras supports G forces

and why we cant adjust.. i wish i knew, and i hope its implemented.. soon
Quote from XCNuse :ya, 1 of the 2 external cameras supports G forces

sorry, bad english, I was wrong but you too
imo both external cameras support G forces, difference is only what you see in left/right/backward view (ext = normal, ext2 = only wheels)
but:
ext cams are used for video recording and this ruin my driving setup
onboard camera (ext views) should be without G forces
G forces are implemented wrong in some way, when you place camera into head and hit the wall, you can see your head.. but camera should go the same way as head
you cant set driver OFF wheel OFF in ext view

so, there isnt way how to set up your view properly

easy solution: make driver seat adjustable in default driver view and remove G forces from ext view
ok thanks for reminding what the difference between the cameras were, i couldnt remember

.. we need more options for viewing, thats what we dont have enough of.. view options
But still we have alot more view options than any other sim (afaik).
Quote from deggis :But still we have alot more view options than any other sim (afaik).

Hmm, well EA's F1 series had a text file containing all camera views. All parameters relating to camera position, orientation, g-forces, etc where listed and editable. I believe you could add any number of additional cams too in that file. If an in-game interface is too time consuming to create, then at least give the user an option to edit a text file.

-e
thats the same with Racer, it also has that txt file for all sorts of cameras (which TBH, i HATE that, because unless you know what your doing.. you get crap camera angles..)
but LFS has basically the same thing, but with sliders

we just need more options for those cameras though, thats the problem (and a way to save them.. like sets)
Quote from TheRealEddie :hmm, when I go to options - view while in cockpit view I don't see where I can adjust the X,Y,Z values of the cam position. I see something about mirror offset but that does not seem to do anything. I also see options for pitch angle (and some other angle) but nothing explicitly about the x,y,z position.

Any other advice? Sorry for the noob questions.

if you were doing this in the fox, it wouldn't do any thing. IIRC, the mirror offset is just for the rear view mirror (not the side mirrors), and since the fox/fo8 don't have rear view mirrors, not thing to adjust.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG