The online racing simulator
Honda Mugen RR
(33 posts, started )
Honda Mugen RR
Factory rice.
I don't care what you say, that there is a civic.
Wow, faster than a S2000! JDM civic's ftw. Mugen's Vtak (oops, I mean 'Vtec') just kicked in!
It's ugly!

I'd take an S2000 any day tho... and i wouldn't care if such an ugly civic could overtake or not...
#6 - Krane
Quote from wheel4hummer :Factory rice.

rice == no difference in speed
rice == slower
rice == hideous bodykit
rice == heavier

rice != lighter
rice != moderate bodykit
rice != faster
Quote from MiniVan :I don't care what you say, that there is a civic.

I don't care what you say, that is factory rice. What is the point of that wing? It looks horrible. They should take it off or put a lip spoiler on it. The taillamps look like a ricer modification. They should have left the stock ones on. Rear diffuser looks okay, except it should be tuned for aerodynamics. The cowls on the hood look horrible. The hood should have been left alone. Front bumper is horrible as well. The part that sticks out on the side skirts looks awkward.

Some more rant. Why are they comparing this to a stock S2000? It would be more fair to compare it to the S2000 CR.

Quote from Krane :rice != lighter
rice != moderate bodykit
rice != faster

Being faster does not make it any less rice. Rice means it has useless modifications that do not affect performance (hideous body kit, hideous wing, etc). I'm pretty sure it would be faster if they took off the wing and redesigned the front bumper.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't care what you say, that is factory rice. What is the point of that wing? It looks horrible. They should take it off or put a lip spoiler on it. The taillamps look like a ricer modification. They should have left the stock ones on. Rear diffuser looks okay, except it should be tuned for aerodynamics. The cowls on the hood look horrible. The hood should have been left alone. Front bumper is horrible as well. The part that sticks out on the side skirts looks awkward.

Fine dude get a job with them and design the damn cars then Mr.professional. Lol jfwy chill out dude gawd!.
Vtec just kicked in yo! I don't know, I don't like this Honda, bit ugly
#10 - wark
If they hadn't gone so far out of their way to make it LOOK like a ricer it would have been even faster. :rolleyes:

The greatest cars look slower than they are, but not in this way!
Ricers won't want to buy this car, since it has already been riced! And who likes rice other than ricers?
What a ugly car
It looks faster than it is, which is a bad thing.
FTR Mugen is not a factory car. It's an aftermarket company, like Ligenfelter (SP) or Hennessy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugen-Honda

It's closely linked to Honda but these are not factory cars. Bit pricey for something so slow. A Mazda S3 or Caliber are faster and they are true factory cars, but of these make more HP than this car.

It looks alright, but could be a lot faster if they would put some real power down, 240 isn't the greatest for a car that costs $40,000.

I can see why Civic owners would like it, but defo not my cup of tea.
Yeah, that video did make it seem like the car was built that way by Honda, which it most definitely is not. As for these "tuning" companies, the only modified Civic that I would buy is the Spoon Civic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8b1kh61vpU

No stupid spoiler, no ugly body kit.

And then, there's the Spoon S2000, which would probably be faster then any Civic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JNnzqwTUMI

EDIT: Actually, there are some pretty fast FWD cars, as shown in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqRVqPQD-8

But those are all race cars, it's not like they're driven on the roads.
The yank who does the narration winds me up no end. If they just dropped in subtitles and left it at that it'd be a much easier show to watch.
Quote from wheel4hummer : yadda yadda yaaaa.

LOL @ that last link. Stopped watching after it said 'Roaring Vtec.'
The Spoon hardtop for the S2000 is killer. Spoon makes quality racecars!
#19 - MR_B
@ 0:28 - "In the land of the ricing sun"
that bucket seat lookd real cheap!!
lol i love it when people driving cars like this pull up to me and rev the rice grinder like they're cool.
Hehe each to their own. I rev in response to someone, but then I don't exactly grind rice, I think it's more wheat =)

What really cracks me up when you get someone that put a Campbell's soup can off the back of their factory car and revvs at lights. Why?
I'd Take The Civic Anyday..It's Cooler, More Noticable and Has A Better Brand.
It's Got more doors and got more seats aswell
Good for you.

Thanks for letting us know.
Old thread is old

Honda Mugen RR
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG