The online racing simulator
Radeon X1950GT - texture scan?
(6 posts, started )
I would like to ask you all for help, because i can't figure it out by myself.

I have one problem with my video card drivers since i bought it in 2007.

Problem:
Each time when camera moves, pit stop textures starts disappear and then again comes up and so on few times in second.
Actually it looks like video card scans these textures, but it is so annoying and i don't think it should be like that.I have this problem not only in LFS, but also in rFactor and in any other games what i tried.

What is real name of that texture type?

Image with problem:

Graphics settings in Live For Speed:
AA x8
AF x16

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 506 Single core 2.6Ghz
VGA: Radeon X1950GT 256Mb (drivers v8.8)
Motherboard: Asus P5GPL-X
PSU: Chieftec 450w

Guys help, please! :sadbanana
#2 - Nilex
Texture Flickering
Hi,

This thread caught my eye because my video card is from same series (X1950). And, same thing here too.
Don't worry much, it's called "Texture Flickering". Happens when there are multiple texture stacked atop each other, also, mip bias has something to do with it. If you browse internet abit you'll see that it happens all over the place - ATI/AMD, nVidia - don't make a difference.

I haven't found a way to get rid of it, but here is one interesting observation: screeny from your post is Aston something track, if you try and reproduce it in Blackwood or South City tracks (most recent tracks in graphical updates terms) you'll see that problem is completely gone in Blackwood and barely visible in South City. So, could be driver related and/or LFS related. Point is: nothing you can do about it but wait it out till it gets fixed. But hey, if you find a way lemme know right here

Sorry, I don't know the texture name.

Cheers
#3 - VoiD
Try AtiTrayTools ... and get rid of that CCC. You only need the displaydriver.
Quote from Nilex :Hi,

This thread caught my eye because my video card is from same series (X1950). And, same thing here too.
Don't worry much, it's called "Texture Flickering". Happens when there are multiple texture stacked atop each other, also, mip bias has something to do with it. If you browse internet abit you'll see that it happens all over the place - ATI/AMD, nVidia - don't make a difference.

I haven't found a way to get rid of it, but here is one interesting observation: screeny from your post is Aston something track, if you try and reproduce it in Blackwood or South City tracks (most recent tracks in graphical updates terms) you'll see that problem is completely gone in Blackwood and barely visible in South City. So, could be driver related and/or LFS related. Point is: nothing you can do about it but wait it out till it gets fixed. But hey, if you find a way lemme know right here

Sorry, I don't know the texture name.

Cheers

Big, big thanks for your explain! Ahh i was searching so long to understand how to call it. Now i will know problem is in texture flickering. Thank you and if i will find out something then i'll let you know.

Quote from VoiD :Try AtiTrayTools ... and get rid of that CCC. You only need the displaydriver.

I forgot to say one thing. I also have AtiTrayTools latest version, but with CCC in background. I can't find an option in AtiTrayTools to fix that texture flickering. Maybe you know? Would be really great.
#5 - VoiD
I´m on x1950 Pro 512Mb AGP / Cat 8.11 "display driver only" (without CCC).

In LFS everything is maxed out, except AA.

ATT-screenies from my LFS-profile:

Edit:

I´m using either Xp or Xp64bit.
Attached images
att1.jpg
att2.jpg
att3.jpg
att4.jpg
To VoiD

I did all like you said and here is the result:

(click on image)

Nothing changed if we talk about texture flickering, do not mind something other at the moment.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG