The online racing simulator
Online play and gerneral
(28 posts, started )
Online play and gerneral
hi all I quite new to lfs well be playing it for a while around 6 months on single player mode. and messinging around with settings etc and since I got the S2 Licence its much better ( expacally the layout editor).

I was wondering about online gaming.
on other online games (project touque) no one talked to me and always bashed me out of the way etc.

Id love to get to know some people and then go online as im quite shy. and my driving at that good(see below) and dont really make friends cos of me being shy ( while Im typing this im shaking cos im nevus)

well abit about my driving I can do one perfect lap then the others are all over the place ( i mean I miss my braking ponits and lock up a wheel etc or catch the grass and spin) and i would like to improve this

thats all so comments and help would be apreated.

cheers

dave (typhirion)
Project Torque is a (bad) game, Live For Speed is a(n awesome) racing simulator. So here you'll mostly find people with the spirit of motorsports

About friends, I suggest you race first instead of knowing the people here then join them Just because while driving, you'll meet people with a similar style than yours, with whom you can share the setups, and even join their team (I suggest you do not start creating one on your own, but more try to join an exisiting and preferably old one).

About the driving, everything comes with the practice. Also, your problems might indicate that you overuse your tires in the good lap you do (check their temperature by pressing F9), which would cause handling problems. If that good lap is lap 1, I suggest you should increase the pressure of your tires (they'll last longer throughout the race, but will perform less well untill they reached the appropriate temperature).

Good point of making your own setups! Try to learn more about car dynamics, so that you can make a setup that matches perfectly your driving style I won't suggest to download and use hotlap setups from Inferno or setupgrid, as a setup needs to be compatible with a specific driver. Some people like those setups very much, I find them too understeery to my liking, while those people find mine too oversteery. It all depends on the driving style
One of the most exciting part of LFS is learning how to build a good setup. I can't drive well now, because I only have my touchpad untill next June (when I get back to France), but I use this time to perfect my knowledge and my favourites setups, and I have to say it works!

Try to change the view settings by increasing the field of view to 110°, the Y axis to the maximum, inclination to -5° and lower the Z axis untill you have a compromise between seeing the track and seeing the dashboard (which is kinda useful, isn't it ? )

Also, a bit of advice, there are three K(eys) you need to be conscious of while driving:
- Knowledge of yourself : what you can do, can't do, what are your limits, are you more fast-in or slow-in, can you drive around corners side by side with another car, etc... ?
- Knowledge of the car : how do the car you drive behaves to your inputs, how can tweaking the setup make it more competitive, what is your maximum steering angle before the wheels start screaming, etc...
- Knowledge of the track : the basic line, plus its variant (early/late apexes), the bumps, which corners have on or off camber, etc...

It sure seems hard, but it is a great adventure I'm sure you'll enjoy

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Robin.
thank you robin for the advice

LFS is a fantactic game. but as said above im atad nervus about going online. so later on I may have ago online.

another question that just poped ito my bare head is iv manage to get onto mutli player and connected and saw well what seemed to be a load of diffrent games/servers. is there any perticual one i should chose or can i chose any??

and with the limits for my first game ill stick to the back of the pack lol
Iv done a lot of bot racing but that nothing compared with online racing.so it a diffrent cup of tea.

its is probly much for enjoyable. and as im a good sportsman anddont care if im last or in the middle
well, people who bash and crash you are in LFS too, ofcourse but you wont find much of them.

You can join pretty much all severs. CTRA has rules and some other have too, but you seem to have the right spirit
As long as you dont try to beat everyone in the first lap youll have good races.

Weklcome to onlineracing =)

PS. the thrill is part of all that anyway so get used to it
ahh its not fair

I dont know what server/ game to enter. as iv said above im nevus of getting in peoeples way and then getting shouted at and getting on peoples bad sides
whats not fair? dont worry

If you dont feel like you can fight the guy in front of you, stick back and lift off the throttle

Anyone behind you has to make sure there will be no contact since he has the "overview"

If some one is beside you, just stick to your line.

I can tell you there will be accidents in your LFS racing career but most people are sportsmen, like Zen321 already said, and know how it is. They probably made mistakes too... nobody is perfect... so dont worry.

Ps. everybody is nervous.. we`re all human

and now get online !! =)
what i mean is that i cant make up my mind what game/server to go onto.

if this makes any scence.
not really. its up to you wich car you prefer.

in the serverlist you can click on a car (on top of the list ) or click on a class (rihgt side).

Any server which has only 15 cars allowed are Demo servers (wich you can join as S2 licensed too). therefor you`ll find more "annoying " people there.

You`ll be fine. just start
right thanks alot mate.
will go and discover the lfs online gaming now

P.s sorry for my spelling an grammer Im dislexic.
The CTRA servers are a good place to learn about driving with other people online, as they're always well populated, and as they're tiered (you'll only be able to join the Race 1 servers at first) you'll usually find yourself up against people of a similar skill to you.
Please pleaseplease learn about racing with cars around you before you come on CTRA Race 1. There's enough morons already who can't race (No offense to you or anything - As long as you're clean Idc! ) >_<
#12 - VoiD
if you like XFG/XRG cars to race in race on CTRA 1 but if you like GTR (FXR XRR FZR) try Conedodgers 1. When i'm on LFS i'm almost always on Conedodgers 1 so i'll give you some sets if your on and need some
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Please pleaseplease learn about racing with cars around you before you come on CTRA Race 1. There's enough morons already who can't race (No offense to you or anything - As long as you're clean Idc! ) >_<

Like you?

Yes like me. guy/girl person.
Funny that, I could have sword you said you were a guy. Oh wait, must be me getting confused!!!
I think i can understand you typhirion when i first started i dont think i ever praticed maby had a go with keyboard then i when straight on cd 1 with a g25 and now that was making me nervours slowly i got used to the tracks and peopel being around me then now i love this game i maby not the fastest but if u act senerble its all good

Hope to see you on the track

GL Austin
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Funny that, I could have sword you said you were a guy. Oh wait, must be me getting confused!!!

Yes , you are confused
thanks guys for the advice.

I must also say you all seem really nice people (aka friendly and/or are helpfull)

Iv been on a few games with one or two players so im happy and not so nevus

so hope to see/ mett you guys and girls online

thanks again

Dave
#21 - robt
Just an idea if you do want to find a certain racer online thats offered help (or has said to see them on a server) on the multiplayer option theres a "find user online" button. type their username (from here) into there and it will search to see if they are online. Can help if you found a friendly person on a server or a friend on the forum. And dont be shy/scared about the servers, everyone has to start somewhere, and theres always someone nice on a server!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Funny that, I could have sword you said you were a guy. Oh wait, must be me getting confused!!!

Prolly that was me
Quote from Crashgate3 :The CTRA servers are a good place to learn about driving with other people online, as they're always well populated, and as they're tiered (you'll only be able to join the Race 1 servers at first) you'll usually find yourself up against people of a similar skill to you.

Well, they are apparently tiered, but when I raced in race 1 a lot, I found more Silver/Gold/Platinum racers than Copper or Bronze, which made it really hard to get enough points. Especially when that platinum guys holds laps at 1 secs from the WR, you just can't match when you're a beginner.

Please prevent the people above from Silver to get in CTRA1, PLEASE
Quote from Stefani24 :Prolly that was me

No it was definatly him. Mister I post a picture of me in the post your face thread but say it was my girlfreind but then next week it's me Inouva.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No it was definatly him. Mister I post a picture of me in the post your face thread but say it was my girlfreind but then next week it's me Inouva.

Continue with this theme? , I am sure you are envy cuz i am beauty and have many mans who loves me , and you dont have nothing exept your "hairy hand"

And st

Online play and gerneral
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG