The online racing simulator
NDR's 2008 Christmas Event, Pre-Race Discussion
Sorry, that's a bit early, but I want some informations about it.

First, when will it take place? I read on NDR's website that it will be on the 20th of December, but Jack said somewhere that it won't.

Second, the restriction for the GT2 class? Will it be CTRA's? MoE?

And what about cars takeovers? I guess they will be allowed, since 2 hours seem to be a bit too long for only one driver.

Please sorry, I don't know when I will be able to post again in that forum, I don't have internet at home for the momment, so I'm posting from school.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Sorry, that's a bit early, but I want some informations about it.

First, when will it take place? I read on NDR's website that it will be on the 20th of December, but Jack said somewhere that it won't.

Second, the restriction for the GT2 class? Will it be CTRA's? MoE?

And what about cars takeovers? I guess they will be allowed, since 2 hours seem to be a bit too long for only one driver.

Please sorry, I don't know when I will be able to post again in that forum, I don't have internet at home for the momment, so I'm posting from school.

I'll be doing up a regulations book after conversing with J@tko. We're going to use CTRA's, if memory serves. I believe we bumped the race forward to 19th December. But now thinking, Sunday might be better to get people in...might be hard on a Friday.

d
Quote from dekojester :I'll be doing up a regulations book after conversing with J@tko. We're going to use CTRA's, if memory serves. I believe we bumped the race forward to 19th December. But now thinking, Sunday might be better to get people in...might be hard on a Friday.

d

Im interested, but I think you guys should use MoE restrictions because they are made for the endurance races, CTRA GT2 restrictions are made for sprint race no more then 20 minutes.
Quote from racer hero :Im interested, but I think you guys should use MoE restrictions because they are made for the endurance races, CTRA GT2 restrictions are made for sprint race no more then 20 minutes.

True. IIRC that was the plan all along (maye not moe but something similar).

It's just the thing about infromation paths... Sometimes the pidgeons cba to fly across the atlantic, so bits of the info might get missing on the way.
I've been excited about this since it first appeared on the calendar! I think a poll is needed (again!) for the race date. I would probably prefer to do the 2 hours alone, but if takeovers are mandatory, I'm fine with that.

Oh, and I think it would be better to have restrictions nearer to MoE than CTRA.

Edit: 300 posts!
haven't we just been having a GT2 config in LFBCS2?
Sounds good, I'll probably participate. Saturday would be better though.

Oh and since you're talking about the restrictions, probably the MoE ones fit better. By the way I think GT2 cars should be a bit heavier as well, but that's just me... not that I will drive them anyway.

@GreyBull [CHA]: two hours is piece of cake! Try doing a 16h event with only 2 drivers...
#8 - J@tko
Ah, all will be revealed very soon guys.

And when I say soon, it's probably very soon actually!!! (It was meant to be out on Tuesday, but everything's not quite ready yet )

ATM It's Friday 19th, Saturday is Mini-FBM and Sunday the the Touring Car thingy. We could maybe put it on the Monday 22nd too.

We'll see
#9 - J@tko
Just to avoid confusion, I propose you rename the CTRA-GT2 as GT3

See attached for some stats from RL and LFS to explain it
Attached files
GT1-GT2-G3.txt - 603 B - 192 views
Damnit Jackson, why do you schedule some events when I'm busy ?

I'd love for it to be knocked back to Monday. I can attend the start, but would have to leave (ie, leave you in charge:schwitz at about the half-hour mark of the race. There's a production that I'm scheduled to go on where setup starts at about 3:00 p.m. my time, about 20:00 GMT. Will also need to consider moving MiniFBM that weekend up a few hours, because I have an event that is up against MiniFBM.

Why, oh why, do I live in America, where clocks are screwed ?

d
Id rather it be on Monday too. Then I am on X-Mas vacation
Quote from racer hero :Id rather it be on Monday too. Then I am on X-Mas vacation

I don't because I'm not.
Quote from dekojester :I'll be doing up a regulations book after conversing with J@tko. We're going to use CTRA's, if memory serves. I believe we bumped the race forward to 19th December. But now thinking, Sunday might be better to get people in...might be hard on a Friday.

d

+1 for Sunday 21st.

EDIT : Or I should say... +1 for any date between 20th and 23rd
the 19th or Dec 22nd-jan 6th are good for me.
+1 for pretty much any date from Dec 20th-Jan 6th
We could possibly move it to the Monday.

Sat is a no-no because of Mini-FBM.
Sunday is a no-no because of the iTCC, I've committed to that and having them both at the same time would be bad for both events.

The monday would be better for some people if they're then on hols, but American grown-up people will still be at work then. We'll have a think about it.
Quote from J@tko :We could possibly move it to the Monday.

Sunday is a no-no because of the iTCC, I've committed to that and having them both at the same time would be bad for both events.

The monday would be better for some people if they're then on hols, but American grown-up people will still be at work then. We'll have a think about it.

+ eventually deko does some commentary there, and it wouldn't be wise to let him commentate one race and admin the other one

Not all american "Grown-up" people will be at work. Some take the entire week of Christmas off, and better still, even the week of New Year off. There's something to be said for hording your vacation days till the year's end.

d
If TBO doesnt fill up, does that mean them spots will be available for waiting GT2s?
Quote from niall09 :If TBO doesnt fill up, does that mean them spots will be available for waiting GT2s?

Yes. Any unfilled TBO spots 30 mins before quali starts will be given to GT2 cars on the reserve list
If the above includes you, make sure you're ready to race in either class.

When will the dates be fixed?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :When will the dates be fixed?

ASAP we hope. I really just need Deko to get his arse on msn so I can discuss it
I has an Idea: Since there's many people that have signed up for this already (read: more than I expected), why not hold the event twice?

NDR's 2008 Christmas Event, Pre-Race Discussion
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG