The online racing simulator
Handbrake Parking- can every FWD do this?
(19 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
Just stumbled across this on Youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... -h6Bc&feature=related

Does anyone know how to do this, is it as simple as applying the handbrake, turning the wheel then applying lots of wheelspin-inducing throttle?

(Yes, I realise the car's ugly and it's a tyre-destroying thing to do but I'm curious...)
#2 - Jakg
As long as you have enough power to break traction, then yes.
#3 - TiJay
So, anything with more power than a Proton Wira then. (Sorry!)
Never mind Jack, there's always the possibility of snow.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Never mind Jack, there's always the possibility of snow.

been there done that tried it and had lots of fun :P
#6 - BAMBO
Mate, that car is not ugly, it's chav-tacular and that's like a whole 'nother level! I'm super serial!
Never thought of doing that! Next time I have to park a FWD I'll give it a try
Does make me want to try it. Anyone have a car they wanna lend?
#9 - BAMBO
But check that you have enough power to do it and/or that you don't have traction control because you might smell the clutch burning
i think i might try that in my mini
Bambo is correct. You'll need at least 40hp to break traction with full lock and the handbrake.
I would say that you need more then 40 hp to complete such a trick. It's true that you may get your wheels to slip with 40 hp but this is also a matter of traction. I mean the faster the wheels spin the lesser the traction is so at 40 hp your wheels will spin but you might still have enough traction to propel your car forward enough to hit someones rear bumper .
So I would suggest you try this in an empty area before showing off in front of your mates.
Also, make sure the handbrake is strong enough. It might cause some embarrassing moments if they don't hold the rear wheels in place.
So remember folks, knowing is half the battle!
If you've not got enough power then all that will happen is that the car will move forward, dragging the locked back wheels along and you'll smack into the car in front.
For people who can't reverse park? Or perhaps, unlike in the video where the guy still apparently needs a football pitch, for getting into spaces smaller than reverse parking would allow?
In which case you probably end up leaving the cars either side of you insufficient room to leave their parking spaces. All in all, a great and useful manouevre.

Perhaps a useful technique for escaping from such a situation.
Quote from Crashgate3 :If you've not got enough power then all that will happen is that the car will move forward, dragging the locked back wheels along and you'll smack into the car in front.

I would hope that even the owner of that riced Vauxhaull van that Sam93 posted a picture of would have the sense to come off the throttle if about to hit a car whilst acting like a total "twit" doing a parking maneuvre like this.
Quote from Becky Rose :I would hope that even the owner of that riced Vauxhaull van that Sam93 posted a picture of would have the sense to come off the throttle if about to hit a car whilst acting like a total "twit" doing a parking maneuvre like this.

[/mocking] It's not riced it cool. I know the ownorz of taht van it is bettr in prson tahn in picys [/mocking]
I've got a feeling they did this in Taxi or Taxi 2 (the French films that is, not the remakes). I always wondered if it was possible or just a film stunt.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG