The online racing simulator
Now THIS is a custom PC
(20 posts, started )
Now THIS is a custom PC
http://www.explosion-zone.ch/f ... d77944c7189640&page=1

(thread's in German, but the pictures speak for themselves).

This project is incredible. The quality of the milling just looks fantastic - yes I know it's not done by hand, it's done by a machine working from the CAD models, but it still looks amazing.

How do you even begin to come up with a design like that?
I hate people who have unlimited access to CNC gear. theres just so much you can do with it. altho that cant be light.

Omg :jawdrop:
#4 - Jakg
Considering all the work he put into that i must say the finished result doesn't look that great - the parts he made are beautiful but it's nigh-on impossible to see
i find that REALLY ugly!
Yeah, the case is a bit too perspex-y but you have to admit his watercooling blocks are a thing of beauty.

He could have taken the labels off his drives too
#7 - FexM
3500 Euro for the hardware
1500 Euro for the cooler material
700h (!) of work

shure he won prices @ DCMM

imho its not worth the effort but everyone got his hobby where he spends all his hard owned money.
Those cooling blocks are stunning. If he put them in a gallery after being painted they wouldn't look out of place.
Did anyone else notice how a watercooling pipe go's right across where the memory go's?
#10 - CSU1
:jawdrop: Tis a beast!
Quote from mclarenmatt :Did anyone else notice how a watercooling pipe go's right across where the memory go's?

There seems to be enough headroom... even for changing memories as it looks

Still, for that amount of money, why not dye the pcbs as well and put psus and disks in that have matching colors as well?

I admire the work that has gone into it, I just don't like the looks at all. I think it would look better either in all-chrome/brushed aluminum or matt black
To the guy who made it, this is everything he's wanted and more. The time and effort etc, so what we don't like it. All that really matters is that he liked it
Looks amazing at the end. I'd hate to have it sit beside me all the time (much prefer my own, with the perspex side panel and soft blue lighting ), but it could easily be a museum piece. It's the type of thing NASA rocket scientists should have
geek.

It's ugly and i'd rather put my comp in this.

Isn't this basically the same as putting a front wing and spinnaz on your mum's old Nova 1.4SR?

Rice PCs are nasty.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Isn't this basically the same as putting a front wing and spinnaz on your mum's old Nova 1.4SR?

Rice PCs are nasty.

rice pcs...haha
Quote from Crashgate3 :How do you even begin to come up with a design like that?

Paper and pencil, plus an idea.

A few sketches on paper to suss out vaguely what you want. Then start modelling in Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks. Make some parts, and combine them into an assembly. Make some more parts and add them to the assembly. Refine the details. Do some stress or thermal analysis (Solidworks has a mini-CFD program built in which can do basic aerodynamic work and thermal flow work. Plus Solidworks can, I believe, do stress analysis on assemblies, whereas Inventor can only do FEA on individual parts).

After a few hours/days/weeks of tweaking, you end up with a design that works. And then you phone around for some quotes; picking yourself up from the floor each time they give you one.

Once it's made, cry into your plastic cup of water (as that's all you can afford) that you missed a bit, or that you've got to sell it to pay the mortgage.

So yeah - 3D CAD packages are how you do it.

Edit: And the end result is truly disgusting anyway. As Kev said - Rice PC.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Isn't this basically the same as putting a front wing and spinnaz on your mum's old Nova 1.4SR?

Only in your imagination. The average nova boy wouldn't even know what a CNC machine was let alone what you can do with one.

That PC was a work of art, the custom cooling blocks are amazing & the detail & design put into the mounts & fixings is so intricate. Such a shame he parted from the minimalist design that it looked like it was going to be & smothered his creation with tacky coloured plastic.

This guy should work for an Italian sports car company.
Putting practicality, aesthetics, ergonomics and budget aside I think the result is a tremendous achievement.
I like the nicely build WC set. The rest isnt mine desing to be honest. But that WC is well build. A shame as Jake said you dont see anything of it.

Now THIS is a custom PC
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG