The online racing simulator
is there anywhere to race?
(32 posts, started )
It seems to me that if you want to drive anything except single seaters or low power FWD you aren't racing, your drifting or cruising. I have been looking for a decent racing server for road cars all day and all I see is drift here, cruise here, but you aint racing. The few racing servers I have found are full of ppl who cause a crash in the first 100 meters. Is this a racing sim anymore or a drift and cruise sim?
#2 - J@tko
Conedodgers is usually pretty full on an evening - GTRs @ Aston National.
You missed out... Back in August there was a great TBO server, BTCC racing, that provided some of the best LFS action I've ever experienced. I haven't seen it for a while, though.

I would recommend joining a league - it's one way you can guarantee getting the cars and tracks you like - albeit only once every 2 weeks or so.
this is the reason im taking a HUGE break till the new patch comes out to see if that gets some people online...
Perhaps consider restarting MP3 Astra's trend of TBO racing, buy* a server (cheap enough), and promote it here for a bit
#6 - G!NhO
too bad i never raced that BTCC server
There are many server's where you will get a good race.
Never drifted in a racing sim apart from GPL where it actually worked and made sense .

BTW the GTI still provides some of the best racing going on pickup races, has done for 4 years +, don't attribute low speed with boring racing its far from it.

The most important thing is your fellow racers and not the car/track combo, you get to know the good guys/gals pretty quick if you watch and listen.
its true, there a no good servers anymore. Problem is too many bans for life so not many racers. I used to love this game and used to recommend to my friends but now would suggest spending the £26 fee somewhere else (if its still that expensive).
Quote from Bontemps :its true, there a no good servers anymore. Problem is too many bans for life so not many racers. I used to love this game and used to recommend to my friends but now would suggest spending the £26 fee somewhere else (if its still that expensive).

I don't think bans are an issue with drivers who race properly. I'd imagine it to be more about losing interest.

£24.
Leagues are the way to go, pick up and play racing is sporadic at best.

I am toying with the idea of a BTCC / TBO / FWD style fun league after the RSWC2 finishes if the interest is there.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Bontemps :its true, there a no good servers anymore. Problem is too many bans for life so not many racers. I used to love this game and used to recommend to my friends but now would suggest spending the £26 fee somewhere else (if its still that expensive).

I wonder why you keep getting banned?
I've never advertised our server, so let's do it now.

Quote :It seems to me that if you want to drive anything except single seaters or low power FWD you aren't racing, your drifting or cruising.

We at Dead Men Racing drive one combo for one week and change it after having 1h race at thursday night. I don't know any drifters or cruisers after being an active member for about a year now. Check our latest combos: http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=248

Quote :The few racing servers I have found are full of ppl who cause a crash in the first 100 meters.

Rarely happens at our server.

Check our official introduction:
http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23892

"Our Server

Our server is public and it's busiest between 8pm and 10pm GMT.
Just look for 'Dead Men Racing' on the server browser."
#13 - Osco
dMr is a bunch of nice people that actually know how to race/drive (unlike me:hide
Quote from Osco :dMr is a bunch of nice people that actually know how to race/drive (unlike me:hide

Just so there isn't any confusion, this does not mean that we're all fast And no, Doorz, I wasn't referring to anyone in specific, I'm not fast either
#15 - robt
Quote from danowat :Leagues are the way to go, pick up and play racing is sporadic at best.

I am toying with the idea of a BTCC / TBO / FWD style fun league after the RSWC2 finishes if the interest is there.

Problem i have with that is never knowing when im going to be home, and most league servers that open for practice are either passworded or empty
#16 - Osco
Quote from obsolum :Just so there isn't any confusion, this does not mean that we're all fast And no, Doorz, I wasn't referring to anyone in specific, I'm not fast either

which is why I said nice people first
Dead Men Racing

RSR race server

CTRA (ok , you have to work your way past the low powered cars, but once you have a silver licence and above it great)

I can find great quality clean racing whenever i want on just those three servers.

I guess the problem for you is the US timezone
I used to race in BTCC all the time and it was the best racing I have ever experienced. My timezone is definitely the problem. All race servers I can find are usually empty if I am lucky enough to find them at all.
Quote from Jakg :I wonder why you keep getting banned?

im not banned? your servers do love handing them out though. kinda power trips type of thing
Quote from Bontemps :im not banned? your servers do love handing them out though. kinda power trips type of thing

Eh? CTRA? You'll only get banned if someone takes the bother of reporting you to the admins.
#21 - SamH
Quote from Bontemps :im not banned? your servers do love handing them out though. kinda power trips type of thing

Beg to differ. I have replays if you need them, but they're obsolete and incompatible with the current LFS version.
Quote from SamH :Beg to differ. I have replays if you need them, but they're obsolete and incompatible with the current LFS version.

you keep those? yeah, go on, send them please. need a laugh.
Quote from SamH :Beg to differ. I have replays if you need them, but they're obsolete and incompatible with the current LFS version.

to be fair the servers you speak of were ok. Good racing but quite dull after time. The game need more servers to keep people interested.
#24 - SamH

I've been on CTRA for a veryyy long time (since when it was STCC), and I've yet to either see or hear of a warning/ban that wasn't deservant on every occasion (I hate to admit it, but that includes my own warnings).

Follow the rules and you won't have anything to worry about, the CTRA staff don't hold grudges unless you are a repeat offender.

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG