The online racing simulator
#1 - sam93
No shine to skin at all!
Okay, so I have started to redo the design for the team I am part of - Storm Racing.

The problem I have is, when I load it ingame, the skin has no shine to it.
Why is this? I have saved it in the highest quality photoshop allows which is, Quality: 12 (Maximum)

I have included a picture of a screenshot that shows the skin has no shine.

What is causing it to have no shine?
Attached images
SR Skin No Shine.jpg
Dude try changing the ''Car shine setings in cfg.txt in the lfs folder
#3 - sam93
Quote from moskvich3v1 :Dude try changing the ''Car shine setings in cfg.txt in the lfs folder

All the other skins/cars are fine, just apart from this skin. I was using it online at team night to show team mates and they also said there was no shine to it.
#4 - Gunn
Quote from sam93 :All the other skins/cars are fine, just apart from this skin. I was using it online at team night to show team mates and they also said there was no shine to it.

Is it a JPG file that you made or a DDS file?
#5 - sam93
Quote from Gunn :Is it a JPG file that you made or a DDS file?

I made a jpg file, team skin. I do have an high res pack installed though, I wouldn't think this would matter as other players online can see no shine either.
There's a setting in the options somewhere iirc.

Else replace the dds files, they contain the alphas for the shine and texture aswell.
#7 - sam93
Quote from daloonie :There's a setting in the options somewhere iirc.

Else replace the dds files, they contain the alphas for the shine and texture aswell.

Every car in LFS has shine, apart from this skin. So changing the settings or replacing the .DDS files wont do anything, so I think anyway as all the other cars have shine to them. I think it's the skin as all the other skins have shine apart from this skin, could there be anything wrong with the skin. If it isn't the colouring on the skin, I will install the original .DDS files for texturing/shine etc...
Make another skin and see if you get the same problem.

Also, post the skinfile and see if anyone else gets no shine on it.
#9 - sam93
Quote from beefyman666 :Make another skin and see if you get the same problem.

Also, post the skinfile and see if anyone else gets no shine on it.

I wont post the skin file as it is a private skin available to team members only :P. I have just had a look to see if I get shine with any of the other FXO skins and it appears that I dont. I will have to replace the .DDS files wouldn't I? Or would getting a new reflection back help? Something like realistic reflections/nice reflections.
That might be worth a try. Strange how it's only the FXO that doesn't have any shine though.
Quote from beefyman666 :That might be worth a try. Strange how it's only the FXO that doesn't have any shine though.

It's not, I forgot to mention in my previous post that it is also the other cars, I looked at the FOX, FXO, XRT and FXR - none of them had any shine to the skins. I will try a new reflection back to see if that helps.
Sam, PM it to Beefy, he can be trusted, sent plenty of mine to him with and plenty other trusted people with no probs.
Sorted, it was the .DDS files. Downloaded the Real Reflection pack from LFS-Database.com and it is now fine.

Got to sort of my graphics lol. Pretty poor, well I need to get a new graphics card, may get a 4850.
Attached images
Shine Error-Fix.jpg
Shine Error-Fix 2.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG